Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good News For MM fans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
TEN said that he will start from Day 1.

Not the wise thing to do IMO.

Has to learn a whole new offense and some new skill sets.

This increases his risk of struggle and makes it easier to get him next offseason for a much lower price.
Zero
They're setting him up for failure.

Edit ...

This is why bad teams stay bad teams ... bad decisions. It may be a good decision to draft him, but why make him play when he may not be ready? Mettenberger should start while Mariota learns. Otherwise, they should have taken the best deal they could get, build the team and go back next year for a QB if they need to. Give credit to Andy when he drafted DMac, he had Pedersen to take the heat while DMac watched and learned. Say what you will about Pedersen, that was a valuable job.
Zero
This is kind of the way I feel about what TENN did ... or didn't do:
Under normal circumstances, mortgaging an entire team for one player is a horrible idea. Chip Kelly was not in a normal circumstance. Its not often a QB-needy coach running a unique system has a chance to draft his prototypical quarterback. So its not a surprise Chip reportedly offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, stud DT Fletcher Cox, two plus starters in CB Brandon Boykin/ILB Mychal Kendricks and more for the right to take Marcus Mariota at No. 2. It is a bit of a surprise that the Titans stood pat, declining that massive offer and installing Mariota a questionable scheme fit for Ken Whisenhunt as their starter. Mariota would have been a top-12 fantasy quarterback in Philly, but is a guy I wont want to touch in rancid Tennessee.
Linc ...
mcnabbulous
He's just as ready as RG3 was when he had a great rookie year.

My concern is that the run him into the ground because they don't know how to responsibly use his talents and he ends up getting the shit beat out of him and is useless in a few years...like RG3.
D Rock
Griffen is only useless because Shanny played him on the bum knee. That sort of incompetence isn't common in the NFL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.