Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As of Now, My Expected Board at #20
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike

B. Perriman WR
K. Johnson CB
J. Strong WR
TJ Clemmens OT
J. Collins CB
B. Jones CB

They are in order of compilation rank and the Eagles have shown a lot of interest in each and each have a skill set and character match for the team. Unless a free fall of unexpected proportions, I think the next Eagle will be one of these players.

We'll see.

OT Peat and Humphries if they fall may be in play
samaroo
Waynes is still there, too.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 30 2015, 08:19 PM) *
Waynes is still there, too.

My list is based on who is expected to be there.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 30 2015, 09:10 PM) *
B. Perriman WR
K. Johnson CB
J. Strong WR
TJ Clemmens OT
J. Collins CB
B. Jones CB

They are in order of compilation rank and the Eagles have shown a lot of interest in each and each have a skill set and character match for the team. Unless a free fall of unexpected proportions, I think the next Eagle will be one of these players.

We'll see.

OT Peat and Humphries if they fall may be in play

Could trade down too
JeeQ
I said the name Brett Hundley and felt a cold chill run down my spine
samaroo
I don't know who's there that they REALLY want that they can't trade back and get.
JeeQ
If we draft a WR that's the ultimate case of hustling backwards...

Let your two Pro-Bowl WRs walk and then use high draft picks in back to back seasons rebuilding your WRs
nephillymike
Bud Dupree is an intriguing pick.

He's the bes t available without baggage.
JeeQ
On the plus side no matter who we pick he can't be worse than Marcus Smith
JeeQ
A short, skinny, WR... from USC no less...
HobbEs
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 30 2015, 10:19 PM) *
On the plus side no matter who we pick he can't be worse than Marcus Smith

Another reach that we could've picked up in the 2nd round? Maybe Marcus just set the bar...
JeeQ
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 30 2015, 07:35 PM) *
Another reach that we could've picked up in the 2nd round? Maybe Marcus just set the bar...

Last season he reached and picked 3rd RD talent in the 1st, this season he reached and picked 2nd RD talent in the 1st

You know what that means... next year we're drafting 1st RD talent in the 1st baby! From the looks our of QB core we're getting a high draft pick too! All part of the plan! Kelly! Kelly! Kelly!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 30 2015, 09:35 PM) *

A reach, yes.

But unlike the Smith's and Watkins of the world, he was seen as early to mid 2nd round talent as opposed to mid to late third round of the other two, or 4th-5th round of Jon Harris.

If nothing else, they had an easy lay up to trade down.

Even at the WR position, Perreman, STrong, Dorsett, Green Beckham were all rated higher.

I like the player, but not at #20.

I wonder if the rookie GM and GM asst just didn't know about board manuevering.

TO's Sharpie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 30 2015, 09:44 PM) *
A reach, yes.

But unlike the Smith's and Watkins of the world, he was seen as early to mid 2nd round talent as opposed to mid to late third round of the other two, or 4th-5th round of Jon Harris.

Even at the WR position, Perreman, STrong, Dorsett, Green Beckham were all rated higher.

I like the player, but not at #20.

I wonder if the rookie GM and GM asst just didn't know about board manuevering.

Who was the team that was willing to move into the 20 spot?
nephillymike
QUOTE (TO's Sharpie @ Apr 30 2015, 09:48 PM) *
Who was the team that was willing to move into the 20 spot?

maybe denver who traded up shortly after.

probably were plenty others
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 30 2015, 10:55 PM) *
maybe denver who traded up shortly after.

probably were plenty others

or not.
you would think that TEN would have jumped on the reported offer for the #2 pick, but they didn't. so who knows. the only thing you can assume is that the team tried their best to get the BPA according to their draft board.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 30 2015, 10:44 PM) *

That's making a pretty healthy assumption that there was actually a market for the #20 pick in an otherwise fairly shallow and segmented draft class. We don't really know. Part of me thinks the teams sitting behind the Eagles know that we effectively got pantsed (again!) in this draft, and they therefore hold all the leverage anticipating that our most likely move would be wanting to trade back once Marcus is off the board.

I'm personally not sure what to make of Agholor, but hey, at least he'll get on the field this season. Progress baby !!!! cheers.gif

EDIT: I stand corrected. Looks like Chip received several offers to trade down but thought Algholor was too good to pass up. Interesting. I'd tend to agree with Mikey that he would have been available a few picks back, but I guess it depends on what teams were calling chip to try to trade up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.