Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm On To Plan B
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Given the long road up to the top, and the bad vibes on the airwaves today, and the fact that two desirable rush LB's have acted like idiots this week and dropped their stock to make them not desirable draft pick alternatives for those at the top and the fact that I do live in Philadelphia and have never seen a NFL championship in my life time and living in such place, Plan A is a rarity, I'm on to plan B.

Don't get Mariota Thursday.

Don't trade picks and/or players to get him.

Trade Kendricks to get another 2nd round pick or to trade for an NFL solid starter at PON.

Don't trade Mathis.

Use the 9 picks to make the team better.

Go into the season with Bradford/Sanchez and a #3 TBD (maybe use a 6th or 7th on Bennett to compete with Barclay)

Don't dare offer Bradford an extension until the very end of the year if then. Let him prove his health, and quite frankly, unless he is lights out, I wouldn't.

After the season, offer to trade for Mariota with whoever drafted him. Two firsts should do it as he won't be better than he was dreamed to be when they drafted him on Thursday. He will struggle with NFL conversion and two first should make it doable.

We then will have the QB of our future at a more reasonable price and will have this year to restock the talent through the draft.

2016 will look a lot brighter.
Dreagon
Maybe he intends to get Bryce Petty and grabbed Bradford as a one year pro for him to understudy with.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2015, 11:38 AM) *
Given the long road up to the top, and the bad vibes on the airwaves today, and the fact that two desirable rush LB's have acted like idiots this week and dropped their stock to make them not desirable draft pick alternatives for those at the top and the fact that I do live in Philadelphia and have never seen a NFL championship in my life time and living in such place, Plan A is a rarity, I'm on to plan B.

Don't get Mariota Thursday.

Don't trade picks and/or players to get him.

Trade Kendricks to get another 2nd round pick or to trade for an NFL solid starter at PON.

Don't trade Mathis.

Use the 9 picks to make the team better.

Go into the season with Bradford/Sanchez and a #3 TBD (maybe use a 6th or 7th on Bennett to compete with Barclay)

Don't dare offer Bradford an extension until the very end of the year if then. Let him prove his health, and quite frankly, unless he is lights out, I wouldn't.

After the season, offer to trade for Mariota with whoever drafted him. Two firsts should do it as he won't be better than he was dreamed to be when they drafted him on Thursday. He will struggle with NFL conversion and two first should make it doable.

We then will have the QB of our future at a more reasonable price and will have this year to restock the talent through the draft.

2016 will look a lot brighter.

Snap out of it, Mikey! Let the sun shine in! MM is coming! I've got a jersey ordered already!
JeeQ
Don't worry Sam... I got this one...

samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 29 2015, 12:09 PM) *
Don't worry Sam... I got this one...

My god, that hair is fantastic!
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 28 2015, 09:43 PM) *
Maybe he intends to get Bryce Petty and grabbed Bradford as a one year pro for him to understudy with.

Some Texas bias coming in here? Petty blows man. I'd take Hundley over Petty, and Hundley sucks.

Anybody QB looks good in Baylor's O.

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2015, 10:38 PM) *

is there any point during this year that Bradford will have been healthy long enough for you (or anyone) to say...

"yea he has stayed healthy for ____ games....lets lock him up long term. we should be good there"?

cuz i dont see it. if he plays most of season, then what? he has played a full season before....never 2 in a row
samaroo
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 29 2015, 10:25 PM) *
is there any point during this year that Bradford will have been healthy long enough for you (or anyone) to say...

"yea he has stayed healthy for ____ games....lets lock him up long term. we should be good there"?

cuz i dont see it. if he plays most of season, then what? he has played a full season before....never 2 in a row

It won't matter because he'll be in TEN and our QB will be a rookie from Oregon.
Zero
I heard Tim McManus say that the NFL does not allow for draft and trade of a player. If TENN drafts Mariota, he's theirs for 2015. No trade for you!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 29 2015, 05:29 PM) *
I heard Tim McManus say that the NFL does not allow for draft and trade of a player. If TENN drafts Mariota, he's theirs for 2015. No trade for you!

Is this a post Eli rule change?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 29 2015, 07:36 PM) *
Is this a post Eli rule change?

its not a rule....but they changed the way the cap works when they changed the rookie wage scale thingy. after Bradford got his money its a new day

you trade a 'pick' and the new team assumes all of the cap hit for whomever they draft...you draft a player and trade him? all of that cap hit doesnt follow the player. what remains hammers your cap hit that year

because of that the Tenn GM has gone on record saying (over and over) they will not draft and trade. nobody will
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 29 2015, 06:06 PM) *
its not a rule....but they changed the way the cap works when they changed the rookie wage scale thingy. after Bradford got his money its a new day

you trade a 'pick' and the new team assumes all of the cap hit for whomever they draft...you draft a player and trade him? all of that cap hit doesnt follow the player. what remains hammers your cap hit that year

because of that the Tenn GM has gone on record saying (over and over) they will not draft and trade. nobody will

Cool. Thanks for clarifying.
nephillymike
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 29 2015, 07:06 PM) *

What's different?

We have a player X you have a player Y. We trade Y, his unamortized bonus hits our cap and X's unamortized bonus hits your cap. Same thing with rookies right?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2015, 08:42 PM) *
What's different?

We have a player X you have a player Y. We trade Y, his unamortized bonus hits our cap and X's unamortized bonus hits your cap. Same thing with rookies right?

i think the NFL didnt want that....the same way they didnt want rooks making a mint just for being drafted #1

its a draft thing...and it exists...its why the Tenn GM has been very clear he wont participate in it

if it benefited teams? they would do it...a lot...but they dont
nephillymike
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 29 2015, 08:54 PM) *
i think the NFL didnt want that....the same way they didnt want rooks making a mint just for being drafted #1

its a draft thing...and it exists...its why the Tenn GM has been very clear he wont participate in it

if it benefited teams? they would do it...a lot...but they dont

I don't see it as anything different than if we traded Mathis, Cox or Kendrick. Their unamortized bonus hits us, their salary travels with them.

Working on finalizing the draft stuff. If I get a chance, I'll look into it further.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.