Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Polk
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
WTF did I miss something? Texans sign Chris Polk? Did we just outright cut him? Or was he a FA? I think it is a mistake. I like Polk. Watch him do big things with Houston.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 28 2015, 08:48 PM) *
WTF did I miss something? Texans sign Chris Polk? Did we just outright cut him? Or was he a FA? I think it is a mistake. I like Polk. Watch him do big things with Houston.

We tendered him with 7 round comp at a price of 1M +. We would have right to match what others offered. We messed up and went too heavy in RB's and he was 4th RB on a team that doesn't have enough downs to satisfy the 3 RB's they have. He didn't sign the tender and after a few weeks, we rescinded it, making him a unrestricted FA and he signed with HOU.

I liked him a lot.

I'd rather not have Matthews and kept Polk and used the cap money elsewhere.

Can't always get what you want.......................................

samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2015, 11:01 AM) *
We tendered him with 7 round comp at a price of 1M +. We would have right to match what others offered. We messed up and went too heavy in RB's and he was 4th RB on a team that doesn't have enough downs to satisfy the 3 RB's they have. He didn't sign the tender and after a few weeks, we rescinded it, making him a unrestricted FA and he signed with HOU.

I liked him a lot.

I'd rather not have Matthews and kept Polk and used the cap money elsewhere.
Can't always get what you want.......................................

I'm with you from a money standpoint, but neither one can stay healthy. I liked Polk too, but I think Matthews has more upside.

JaxEagle
Hmmm. I didn't know. Well that really stinks. I wanted to keep him around bc our RB's have had injuries in past. If we lost Polk then I at least wanted something of value in return. That stinks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.