Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikey Sunshine Checking In
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
In the midst of a bad day for the draft Mariota crew, I've decided to play the uncharacteristic role of Mikey Sunshine.

Point #1. One needs to ask themselves, what are the chances that TB, TEN, WAS, NYJ, CHI, BUF, CLE want MM more than us? 0%.

Point #2. What are the chances of him being projected to play better for any of those teams than us? Very slight, if any.

Point #3. The two points above will escalate our offer, and lower their offer, such that, we will have the best offer to move up. (from the standpoint of TEN or whoever is trading the pick).

Point #4. Sure most of them have more assets to use in a trade, but because he is not as valuable to them, our offer will be better.

So the way I see it, a team like TEN may like him, but they won't like him more than us. AND they won't see their team being better with him as opposed to our picks and players we trade them.

And what if the sports gods rain on our parade once again and MM goes elsewhere in the draft?

Once they drive the MM asset off the lot, his value will depreciate greatly. Offer to get him in a trade a year from now, and chances are 90% or more IMO that we'll have to give us a lot less than we will Thursday.

All is not lost people!!

I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day..................................................................
D Rock
Like I said in your other post. He'll be ours in 2 years for a conditional mid round pick.
samaroo
I'd rather get him now and keep him in the system. Plus, I want what I want right now!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2015, 11:07 PM) *
In the midst of a bad day for the draft Mariota crew, I've decided to play the uncharacteristic role of Mikey Sunshine.

Point #1. One needs to ask themselves, what are the chances that TB, TEN, WAS, NYJ, CHI, BUF, CLE want MM more than us? 0%.

Point #2. What are the chances of him being projected to play better for any of those teams than us? Very slight, if any.

Point #3. The two points above will escalate our offer, and lower their offer, such that, we will have the best offer to move up. (from the standpoint of TEN or whoever is trading the pick).

Point #4. Sure most of them have more assets to use in a trade, but because he is not as valuable to them, our offer will be better.

So the way I see it, a team like TEN may like him, but they won't like him more than us. AND they won't see their team being better with him as opposed to our picks and players we trade them.

And what if the sports gods rain on our parade once again and MM goes elsewhere in the draft?

Once they drive the MM asset off the lot, his value will depreciate greatly. Offer to get him in a trade a year from now, and chances are 90% or more IMO that we'll have to give us a lot less than we will Thursday.

All is not lost people!!

I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day..................................................................
Mikey Numbers would tear this apart. laugh.gif

Every GM and every coach thinks they are the best at what they do. If they like Mariota and don't use the same offense they will believe they can fit that square peg into a round hole because they are that good and he is that good. If MM goes elsewhere and fails to the point of being traded in a year or two, the chances of his psych being destroyed are very high.

Chip may try, but I doubt it will happen. The sunshine is that Chip has won with bad QBs in college and in Philadelphia. He just needs a QB who is good enough to make that last hurdle without tripping. That's why he gambled on Bradford and why he will probably draft someone in the middle rounds if he doesn't make the miracle trade.
JeeQ
Well... All I have to say in response to this is...

LET THE SUN SHINEEEEEE

LET THE SUN SHINE INNNNN

THE SUNNNNN SHINNNNNEEEE INNNNN

#MariotaOrBust
samaroo
Anybody read Kempski today? He makes some good points about how it makes a bunch of sense for TEN to deal with us because we have Cox. If TEN isn't sold on MM, then Williams makes the most sense for them to draft. Cox is a proven Williams, so getting him and trading back makes sense for them. Plus, Chip gets his favorite toy, and we get multiple Lombardis. It's win-win!
Joegrane
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 28 2015, 07:34 PM) *
Anybody read Kempski today? He makes some good points about how it makes a bunch of sense for TEN to deal with us because we have Cox. If TEN isn't sold on MM, then Williams makes the most sense for them to draft. Cox is a proven Williams, so getting him and trading back makes sense for them. Plus, Chip gets his favorite toy, and we get multiple Lombardis. It's win-win!

Would Wilson have a ring if not for the tough Seattle D?

I don't like giving up Cox.
samaroo
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 29 2015, 11:57 AM) *
Would Wilson have a ring if not for the tough Seattle D?

I don't like giving up Cox.

I don't want to give up Cox, either. But I want a franchise QB more than a great DL.

Counter argument: How many trophies would NE have without Brady?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.