Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, OK. We've heard all the talk and debate
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
1. Will Mariota be an Eagle this year?

2. Give the % chance you think that he will be. On the 100% a lock, 0% NFW scale.

I say yes, of course he will. Chip will get what he wants and IMO after thinking about it, this was the reason he ousted Howie as Howie would never do something like this.

My % chance? I'll go with a razor thin 55%.

Anyone??
mcnabbulous
I'll say no because my life as a Philly sports fan is largely a living hell. But I'll say 45% because I think Chip is gonna try like hell.
Birdwatcher
I just want Thursday night to come and pass, all this speculation is getting old. Hopefully it is about to be over.
Eyrie
I'll say no because he'll be taken early enough that we couldn't afford the cost of trading up.

And 15%, because he could slip out of the top ten and we know Cleveland at #12 want Bradford.
Zero
No because another team with more ammunition will take him and probably ruin him trying to make him what he isn't. I'll give it a generous 20% but I have no clue.
BirdsWinBaby
nope 100%. too many other teams need QBs that are higher than Eagles and/or have actual trading pieces that arent in rehab (like Rivers)
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 26 2015, 11:02 PM) *
1. Will Mariota be an Eagle this year?

2. Give the % chance you think that he will be. On the 100% a lock, 0% NFW scale.

I say yes, of course he will. Chip will get what he wants and IMO after thinking about it, this was the reason he ousted Howie as Howie would never do something like this.

My % chance? I'll go with a razor thin 55%.

Anyone??

Whoa! Hold on just a minute there pardner. Are you saying that Chip was the one that removed Howie as GM, not Lurie?

I'll go 20%. Only because Chip probably sprays in his pants every time he thinks about having MM in an Oregon, Ooops, I mean Eagles' jersey, and just might do anything to make that happen.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 27 2015, 04:53 AM) *
No because another team with more ammunition will take him and probably ruin him trying to make him what he isn't.

A good QB?

I can't put a percentage on it but I'm going to say it won't happen because Spadaro is saying absolutely it will not. Spads would not be saying that unless the Eagles were definitely out.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 27 2015, 06:35 AM) *
nope 100%. too many other teams need QBs that are higher than Eagles and/or have actual trading pieces that arent in rehab (like Rivers)

I think Rivers is a risk. He's 33.

I'm sure that the injury status has been shared with prospective suitors and that might make Bradford, at 27, a better long term solution.
nd9kel
No.
0%
HobbEs
I'll say a not likely 15%.

Chip has proved that his offense works in the NFL. He did it with with Foles and again with Sanchez at QB. He's smart enough to know that he needs to fix the defense before he makes a serious push for a Lombardi.
Dreagon
He went 10-6 with Sanchez, and Cleveland wants Bradford.

Right now I would say the highest likelihood is that he intends to trade up, but he probably figures Mariota will go too high for him to reach. I think there's actually the chance he's targeting somebody else and all this drama is a smokescreen to cover that. And since Kelly seems to be more offensive minded, he might be looking for somebody for those new running backs to run behind, or a blue chip WR.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 27 2015, 09:57 AM) *
He went 10-6 with Sanchez, and Cleveland wants Bradford.

He went 5-4 with Sanchez. This is the same Sanchez who went to two straight AFC Championships Games, who holds a playoff victory against Tom Brady in addition to a come from behind playoff win against the Steelers. The same Sanchez who went 20-12 his first two seasons. The meme that Mark Sanchez can't play is baloney.
D Rock
MM will be an Eagle, but NOT this year. He'll get taken by the foreskinz or Brown stains, where his stock will fall because they have no clue how to use him. We'll get him in 2-3 years for a conditional 4th round pick.
JeeQ
100% Chance Chip Gets His Man

#MariotaOrBust
nephillymike
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Apr 27 2015, 07:36 AM) *
A good QB?

I can't put a percentage on it but I'm going to say it won't happen because Spadaro is saying absolutely it will not. Spads would not be saying that unless the Eagles were definitely out.

Spads just said a few weeks ago that they weren't selling Bradford jerseys because he only had a one year deal and then Tebow signed and voila!, Tebow jersey's are available.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what Spads says.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2015, 10:24 AM) *
Spads just said a few weeks ago that they weren't selling Bradford jerseys because he only had a one year deal and then Tebow signed and voila!, Tebow jersey's are available.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what Spads says.

Or better yet don't listen to anything Spads says laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Apr 27 2015, 10:38 AM) *
He went 5-4 with Sanchez. This is the same Sanchez who went to two straight AFC Championships Games, who holds a playoff victory against Tom Brady in addition to a come from behind playoff win against the Steelers. The same Sanchez who went 20-12 his first two seasons. The meme that Mark Sanchez can't play is baloney.

It's the same Sanchez that had one of the worst career passer ratings for a QB who had played over a certain amount of games.

He played below average for us, which was an improvement but not great given the passer friendly system we have. He can't throw the deep out and is inclined to throw INT's when under pressure.

Seems like a good enough guy, but I don't think he'll be top 12 tier to be good enough to get us where we need to go.

There is some validity that Bradford, or any other average QB would do better than him.

I'll keep him as backup though.
Birdman420
I'm at 50/50 right now in my head as to MM coming here or not. Of all the talk, we haven't come any closer to having a remote guess to what chip might do.

It's exciting and if we don't get him then I'll be really interested in who we do get in the 1st.

I'm more patient then most eagles fans and I'm still counting this as year 1 for chip in his rebuilding of our team. Who's a qb prospect for next year? I know chip is moving around a lot of pieces but I would hope he has the patience to make the best long term goals even if the philly fans are up his arse.
koolaidluke
About your sig, JeeQ. I said 12 wins if Sam Bradford stayed healthy. And the reason I made the prediction is BECAUSE the Eagles have so much talent on defense and Bradford is so talented.

I'm not a culture guy. Think it's totally overrated.
samaroo
100% - Chip tries like hell to get MM.

50% - it actually happens.

0% - anyone actually "knows" what the hell Chip will do.
mcnabbulous
I'll revise my opinion to think that we're all in on Bradford at this point. But I also have no fucking clue.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2015, 09:52 AM) *
I'll revise my opinion to think that we're all in on Bradford at this point. But I also have no fucking clue.

Why? I've read some rumors that Bradford and the Birds are talking extension, but that's all it is so far: rumors.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 27 2015, 07:29 PM) *
Why? I've read some rumors that Bradford and the Birds are talking extension, but that's all it is so far: rumors.

That's why I said it was my opinion. I don't know more than anyone outside of Novacare.

Just think trading for him tied their hands from a leverage perspective a bit more than I previously had considered. Not sure they are in a real position to flip him.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 28 2015, 11:45 AM) *
That's why I said it was my opinion. I don't know more than anyone outside of Novacare.

Just think trading for him tied their hands from a leverage perspective a bit more than I previously had considered. Not sure they are in a real position to flip him.

Okay. I still think the hope is that he's a bargaining chip, but that Chip can roll with him if he has too. My dream scenario this year is to keep Bradford and sit MM behind him for a year. It's a great dream, so don't wake me!
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 27 2015, 09:29 PM) *

Mort said yesterday basically that anyone who thinks Bradford is getting traded is dreaming, that the Eagles really like him #1, they gave up a lot to get him #2, and that Bradford told the Rams and Eagles that Philly is the only team this year he'd sign an extension with #3.

Sam's agent is THE heavy weight agent in this league and no way their stance changes by draft day which would mean any team trading for Bradford (and his contract) would be standing on a tooth pick praying they could change his (their/agent) minds.

I just can't see it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Apr 28 2015, 05:00 AM) *
Mort said yesterday basically that anyone who thinks Bradford is getting traded is dreaming, that the Eagles really like him #1, they gave up a lot to get him #2, and that Bradford told the Rams and Eagles that Philly is the only team this year he'd sign an extension with #3.

Sam's agent is THE heavy weight agent in this league and no way their stance changes by draft day which would mean any team trading for Bradford (and his contract) would be standing on a tooth pick praying they could change his (their/agent) minds.

I just can't see it.

You are forgetting one thing.

If we cut him, he doesn't get his $13M this year, and he is a free agent, free to talk to many teams, none of which will give him near $13M and all of which will be of the CLE ilk of the league.
Zero
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Apr 28 2015, 06:00 AM) *

I just can't see it.

I agree with all of this except if they do trade him that team has him for two years if he plays well - 2015 and franchised 2016. Also, if he plays well it suggests that it was a good fit for him and the odds of him doing a new contract increase. If he gets hurt or doesn't play well his value in 2016 plummets anyway. I don't think he has the power some might think he does in any trade.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2015, 07:38 PM) *

If we cut him, he doesn't get his $13M this year, and he is a free agent, free to talk to many teams, none of which will give him near $13M and all of which will be of the CLE ilk of the league.

His money this year isn't guaranteed? I thought it was. If that's true, than what's with all this "Bradford has leverage" talk. It's glaringly obvious that Chip will cut anybody for any(no)thing.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2015, 07:40 PM) *
I agree with all of this except if they do trade him that team has him for two years if he plays well - 2015 and franchised 2016. Also, if he plays well it suggests that it was a good fit for him and the odds of him doing a new contract increase. If he gets hurt or doesn't play well his value in 2016 plummets anyway. I don't think he has the power some might think he does in any trade.

I hope your're right, Z. I am very prepared to be terribly dissapointed on Friday morning.
rumply
Despite Chip almost certainly wanting it to happen, I say NO. It's just to big a price to pay to get to pick 2 & he should have enough brains to acknowledge that.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2015, 06:38 AM) *

Yes that would be brilliant. So you lose your bargain piece to have ANY chance to trade up AND you lose both draft picks to the Rams while forfeiting the Ram pick back to Philly next year.

So we know that's not going to happen.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 28 2015, 06:40 AM) *

Missing the point. If you are team A wanting to trade for him NOW and he say's don't bother, I'm not signing with you, what type of compensation you think the Eagles are getting in return?

Mark my words, he will be the Eagles opening day Qb this year and for years to come.

One day soon many will look back and see how stupid all this talk is (was).
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Apr 28 2015, 08:01 PM) *
Yes that would be brilliant. So you lose your bargain piece to have ANY chance to trade up AND you lose both draft picks to the Rams while forfeiting the Ram pick back to Philly next year.

So we know that's not going to happen.

You can cut him at any time and we can trade him at any time. I believe we get the 3rd round pick back and save $13M.

You make the threat to do that if need be.

Not ideal, but it is in the realm of possibility

nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Apr 28 2015, 08:04 PM) *
Missing the point. If you are team A wanting to trade for him NOW and he say's don't bother, I'm not signing with you, what type of compensation you think the Eagles are getting in return?

Mark my words, he will be the Eagles opening day Qb this year and for years to come.

One day soon many will look back and see how stupid all this talk is (was).

$13M of cap space buys a shit load of players in this league.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 29 2015, 10:30 AM) *
$13M of cap space can buy a shit load of players in this league.

Fixed that for ya!
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2015, 09:29 PM) *
You can cut him at any time and we can trade him at any time. I believe we get the 3rd round pick back and save $13M.

You make the threat to do that if need be.

Not ideal, but it is in the realm of possibility

that does not equal any leverage for the Eagles. if thats your threat? Bradford would laugh at you

its not about the $13 mill and it not about going to a bad team.

1)Bradford doesnt need the money after his monster rookie contract

2)Bradford isnt saying he wont play for a bad team....just wont extend with them. He would go to any team if he is traded there. its the other team (its only cleveland) who wisely doesnt want Bradford without the extension

3)Chip looks like a fool who made a rookie GM mistake by signing a guy as a bargaining chip that he cant actually use. gave away his starting QB and a 2nd rounder to get him?...BWAAA!! even Lurie might step in and say no to this threat because it ALSO exposes him as just as big a fool for making Chip the GM

lets say Chip doesnt care and makes good on his 'Threat'...

Chip cuts Bradford, saves $13m, looks like a fool, has to start Sanchez and has no QB plan going forward

Bradford gets to pick his team, wont make the $13m he doesnt care about, only plays one year with them, hopes he stays healthy, plays well and then can use that one year of play to convince another team of his choosing to pay him the money he wants

advantage: Bradford. game, Set, Match. Chip has no leverage

mcnabbulous
To further reiterate how little of an idea of what is going to happen, I'm all in now. 100% it happens. Not sure how the Bradford piece plays into things, but I think TENN wants to move out from #2 and the Eagles are going to be the team that most wants it (and frankly might be the only real player for it right now).

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.
Phits
Put me on the Mariota bandwagon. I think Chip is going to get his guy. Rumor has it that SD is in the running, but I think we are willing to go all-in and call their bluff.

100%.
JeeQ
By tomorrow Marcus Mariota will be in an Eagles jersey wub.gif

They're going to need surgery to remove the smile off Chip's face

#MariotaOrBust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.