Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After listening to sports talk all week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
and that is the QB who suits up for us if he is not named Marcus Mariota!!

That poor guy will have a short leash and be the recipient of our impatient fan base.

This city is mostly psyched and they want to see Chip get his guy.

They got the fever and Sam Bradford ain't the cure!! (and it isn't more cowbell either!)
BirdsWinBaby
i get the impression that there are few if any expectations on BradChez.

with a cake walk schedule all you hope for is that the QB doesnt get in the way, Chip will get a lot of wins, and maybe a playoff win
nephillymike
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Apr 26 2015, 12:56 PM) *
i get the impression that there are few if any expectations on BradChez.

with a cake walk schedule all you hope for is that the QB doesnt get in the way, Chip will get a lot of wins, and maybe a playoff win

Yeah, I hear you. Problem was Sanchez got in the way in that Washington game last year.

That's fresh in everyone's mind.
make_it_rain
Is this implying that somehow MM will not be on some absurdly short leash as well in the unlikely event he ends up in Philly?

The first pick or incomple pass he throws people will be calling into the sound off line declaring him a bust and predicting when Chip will be fired or go back to college. It's especially bad with this fanbase, but its pretty universal throughout the league. The problem is players like Luck and Russel Wilson (hell I'd even throw in someone like Tannehill) have sort of redefined the success measurements for rookie/new QBs. Everyone is now on a short leash, you're really expected to come in and hit the ground running. That's just if your merely a first round QB. If you're hailed as the sort of missing piece in the puzzle, perfect fit messiah for an offense, then I'd have to imagine its even worse.

Having said that, if we do go into the season with Bradford/Sanchez, it will be really interesting to see what week the first "We want Tebow" chants start cool.gif
Zero
Bradford/Sanchez/third-string-rookie-project-hopeful-future
samaroo
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 27 2015, 04:14 AM) *
Is this implying that somehow MM will not be on some absurdly short leash as well in the unlikely event he ends up in Philly?

The first pick or incomple pass he throws people will be calling into the sound off line declaring him a bust and predicting when Chip will be fired or go back to college. It's especially bad with this fanbase, but its pretty universal throughout the league. The problem is players like Luck and Russel Wilson (hell I'd even throw in someone like Tannehill) have sort of redefined the success measurements for rookie/new QBs. Everyone is now on a short leash, you're really expected to come in and hit the ground running. That's just if your merely a first round QB. If you're hailed as the sort of missing piece in the puzzle, perfect fit messiah for an offense, then I'd have to imagine its even worse.

I agree, but think that Chip would buffer any rookie from that as much as possible, if warranted.

Having said that, if we do go into the season with Bradford/Sanchez, it will be really interesting to see what week the first "We want Tebow" chants start cool.gif

Please no. That would be the most embarassing thing I could think of as a fan.
JeeQ
Get Mariota this season or spend the rest of Chip's Superbowl-less tenure looking for a Mariota

#MariotaOrBust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.