Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I heard of TEN selecting Mariota at #2
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Kind of like the Eli for Rivers deal of yesteryear.

I can't see why this makes sense.

Anyone heard of reasons or have any of their own?
mcnabbulous
If he's off the board, maybe the Eagles (or some other team) feel even more desperate to acquire him?
GroundedBird
If that happens then I imagine that he's going to be traded but the actual pieces may depend on how the draft goes.

I think it's all contingencies that can be worked out, substituting player B for Player A, etc.
nephillymike
But if it all falls through, TEN has a player they don't want. Then they can be "forced" to accept less to get rid of him.

And I can only imagine the actual pieces not being known. That can be a mess.

If I'm TEN, I want what I want and I'll give you the pick. What you do with it is your business.

Seems real complicated in an already complicated three team trade situation.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 26 2015, 12:20 PM) *
Kind of like the Eli for Rivers deal of yesteryear.

I can't see why this makes sense.

Anyone heard of reasons or have any of their own?

Didn't Eli say he wouldn't play in SD?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 26 2015, 02:37 PM) *
Didn't Eli say he wouldn't play in SD?

Yes.

samaroo
The only time I've heard of that is if, let's say, the Eagles can get to #6. There's a player there that TEN wants. The teams agree to draft the player the other team wants and swap after, plus some compensation. But that only makes sense if there's only one team interested, which doesn't seem like the situation here. So, I think it's unlikely.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2015, 06:57 PM) *
The only time I've heard of that is if, let's say, the Eagles can get to #6. There's a player there that TEN wants. The teams agree to draft the player the other team wants and swap after, plus some compensation. But that only makes sense if there's only one team interested, which doesn't seem like the situation here. So, I think it's unlikely.

That makes more sense, by a little bit.

My head hurts.

Can't wait until Thursday!!
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 27 2015, 10:45 AM) *
That makes more sense, by a little bit.

My head hurts.

Can't wait until Thursday!!

Amen! Although, I have a sinking feeling that the excited expectation may be the best part of this draft. If nothing else, this has been the most fun offseason ever as an Eagles fan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.