Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple of interesting tid bits
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Both from McCall:
News of Dion Jordan skipping the Miami Dolphins' offseason workouts only adds fuel to the fire that his days with the team are numbered.

The Dolphins two years ago traded up to jump ahead of the Eagles in the NFL Draft to snag the former University of Oregon defensive end/outside linebacker in the first round.

Given Kelly's uncommonly bond with the players he coached at Oregon before coming to the Eagles in 2013 and the fact that Jordan seems more of a fit as an outside linebacker in the Eagles' 3-4 than a 'tweener in the Dolphins' 4-3, you can't help but wonder if Kelly, who has drastically shaken up the roster this offseason, might not be trying to add Jordan too.
Here ...

Earl Wolff has been as conspicuous by his presence at the NovaCare Complex this offseason as he was by his absence the year before.

Because of that and a few other things, especially a right knee he expects to be 100 percent within two months for the first time since his rookie season, he also expects to return to the starting role he held briefly as a rookie in 2013.
And, here ...

I really don't know what to think of either of these guys. Jordan is a huge disappointment as a DE but has more of the size and skill set for an OLB in a 3-4. Maybe he's just a hype that won't make it but maybe he's just in the wrong system with the wrong coaches.

Wolff started off OK for a mid round pick until he got hurt and seemed to pussy out. If he's 100% and has an attitude adjustment will he step it up and be a decent player?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 26 2015, 09:33 AM) *
Both from McCall:
Here ...

And, here ...

I really don't know what to think of either of these guys. Jordan is a huge disappointment as a DE but has more of the size and skill set for an OLB in a 3-4. Maybe he's just a hype that won't make it but maybe he's just in the wrong system with the wrong coaches.

Wolff started off OK for a mid round pick until he got hurt and seemed to pussy out. If he's 100% and has an attitude adjustment will he step it up and be a decent player?

Jordan is a bust with character issues and we should all be very thankful they jumped ahead of us. No thanks.

Wolff, I wish him well, but that microfracture surgery does not have good recovery rates. I hope he comes through but he has disappointed, but I'm sure much of it was injury related.
mcnabbulous
Jordan has been a bust, but why MIA tried to turn his skinny ass into a 4-3 DE is beyond me.

Lots of guys have struggled in their first two years and gone on to great NFL careers. He would absolutely be worth the risk of acquisition. Especially he he likes playing for and respects Chip.
GroundedBird
one of the newspapers speculated that Jordan could be had for a late round draft pick.

If that's true then it might be worth the risk.
JeeQ
Dion is the victim of being in the wrong scheme... for a late pick he's more than worth it
samaroo
I'd rather keep the pick and ship Boykin for him. He'll be gone next year anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.