Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dear Chip: It's Time To Trade For Johnny
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
So far this offseason, Chip Kelly has traded his best offensive player, spent a ton of money on two overrated running backs, abandoned the receiver position, and paid Seattleís third corner to be the foundation of his secondary. Then came Tebow. Honestly, I wasnít completely onboard until Tebow.

Tebow is definitive proof that Chip is just screwing with everyone. He is trolling the universe. He is standing in the middle of the Colosseum, undaunted, screaming back at the masses. I like it. I respect it. Sometimes you have to go a little crazy to stay sane. Sometimes you have to get lost to find yourself. Burn the trees to save the forest.

But thereís one more move on the board here.

Thereís one more bullet in the chamber.

Itís time to pick up the money phone and make the call.

Iím not terribly familiar with Chat Sports, but I want to believe. I need to believe. Chip has definitely considered it, right?

I donít want to watch an Eagles team thatís gone 90 percent crazy. Letís push this to 110. Letís make the rumors real.

Remember the bombs in Die Hard: With a Vengeance? The red syrup and the white syrup? Thatís Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel, together in the same shotgun formation.

This is not a joke.

The only move in Chipís hair-on-fire, buck-naked-in-the-coachís-office, huffing-ether-for-eight-weeks-straight offseason that still doesnít make sense is the Sam Bradford trade. Bradford is the glitch in this program. Thereís not a chance in hell he stays healthy for 16 games, and even if he does, what are you really building if Bradford is the foundation?

Itís time to fix the glitch.

Coach Elon Musk deserves better than Sam Bradford.

Manziel is out of rehab now, it looks like he is committed to taking football seriously, and if he were ever going to succeed anywhere in the NFL, it would be with Chip and this Eagles offense. Why waste time trading away 15 picks for Marcus Mariota when you can get basically the same quarterback for 10 cents on the dollar from Cleveland?

Five years of sports have been building toward Tebow, Manziel, and Chip locking arms in the City of Brotherly Love. Also, did I mention that trading Bradford to the Browns means Eagles fans donít have to watch him get hurt five weeks into the season? And what about how Manziel is the perfect quarterback to run Chipís scheme? We should be rooting for this move because it would be the funniest thing ever, but itís also just crazy enough to work.

Chip Kelly stared down into the volcano of takes, and rather than slowly back away, he did a swan dive to the bottom. Now itís time for an eruption. Chip can burst out of the mountain, surfing on hot lava all the way to the playoffs, with an H-back from heaven and a quarterback who was put on this earth to play in this offense.

This GIF can be the Eaglesí offseason if Chip makes the call.

While the rest of us pin our tails between our legs and follow the leader, Chip Kelly is the man whoís not afraid to dream bigger.

Itís time to make the dream a reality.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/dear-chi...ade-for-johnny/
GroundedBird
so, are you suggesting Bradford for #19 and Manziel?

JeeQ
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 26 2015, 08:44 AM) *
so, are you suggesting Bradford for #19 and Manziel?

Not only that, but the trade up of Picks & Players to land Mariota

Mariota/Manziel/Tebow

Chip and his three Heisman winning QBs in 2015

#MariotaOrBust
samaroo
Fuck Johnny Football. I'd rather have Donnie Football at QB.

That midget made a name in Texas closing his eyes and chucking rainbows into triple coverage, with Mike Williams bailing him out. No. Thank. You.

I will, however, take 1 Mariota, please.
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2015, 05:16 PM) *
Fuck Johnny Football. I'd rather have Donnie Football at QB.

That midget made a name in Texas closing his eyes and chucking rainbows into triple coverage, with Mike Williams bailing him out. No. Thank. You.

I will, however, take 1 Mariota, please.

Think of Manziel as the necessary evil that leads to Mariota... No price is too high
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 27 2015, 09:49 AM) *
Think of Manziel as the necessary evil that leads to Mariota... No price is too high

I have no problem using him (or anyone, basically) as a pawn. But sweet baby Jesus please don't let him be on my team. I couldn't handle him and Tebow. That would really push the boundaries of my fanhood.
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 26 2015, 06:47 PM) *
I have no problem using him (or anyone, basically) as a pawn. But sweet baby Jesus please don't let him be on my team. I couldn't handle him and Tebow. That would really push the boundaries of my fanhood.

True... but there's one other facet as well... If our team has both Manziel and Tebow then Mariota could come out and throw 100 INTs in his first game and they'd still be talking about Manziel and Tebow
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 28 2015, 02:17 AM) *
True... but there's one other facet as well... If our team has both Manziel and Tebow then Mariota could come out and throw 100 INTs in his first game and they'd still be talking about Manziel and Tebow

Ha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.