Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI Diddy and MacNow on 10-12 today on wip
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Just put out this "annoy the fans" scenario:

Eagles stay at #20 and draft...............................

OT Jake Fisher from........................................Oregon!!

mcnabbulous
I'm already bracing myself for the bitching when we "overdraft" Adrian Amos
Eyrie
If Fisher can fill in at RG for a year or two, then it would make sense as a long term plan for Peters retiring.

But we have more pressing needs, so I'd rather address WR or S, then G/T.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 19 2015, 05:56 PM) *
If Fisher can fill in at RG for a year or two, then it would make sense as a long term plan for Peters retiring.

I'd be good with Fisher. WR is deep and a quality player can be had in the second or third from what I'm reading. Chip's safety is probably a big CB who would be taken in the same vicinity.
nephillymike
A little while afterwards, I heard this worse scenario:

The Rams trade up to #2 by trading Foles and the #10 and a sweetener and draft Marcus Mariota!!

They not only get the QB they wanted, but get a 2nd round pick from us to do so!!

Jeff Fisher, the wily old veteran, schools the young upstart Chipper.

Chip's face will turn to alabaster
When he finds his servant is his master

Man the bridges if that happens. devil03.gif
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 19 2015, 06:33 PM) *
I'd be good with Fisher. WR is deep and a quality player can be had in the second or third from what I'm reading. Chip's safety is probably a big CB who would be taken in the same vicinity.

I agree with you.

I was hoping they might be able to draft an outside corner in round 1. I think Thurmond was brought here to replace Boykin after this year.

If the Rams make that deal it was because they had #10 and the Birds did not. I assume Foles would have to agree to an extension.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 19 2015, 08:51 PM) *
I agree with you.

I was hoping they might be able to draft an outside corner in round 1. I think Thurmond was brought here to replace Boykin after this year.

If the Rams make that deal it was because they had #10 and the Birds did not. I assume Foles would have to agree to an extension.

And the kicker would be that Foles agrees to an extension that allows the deal, whereas Bradford's refusal to do so prevents the CLE deal, which prevents us from being able to put a deal together.

Man, that would be a tough pill to swallow for MM lovers.

Fisher is not rated a 1st round talent by many. Round 2, yes, not in the 1st.

BTW, the difference between #10 and #20 is only a 2nd round pick. Very doable if we were offered.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 19 2015, 05:56 PM) *

I am concerned about Jason Peters now. I saw some not so good things from him last year that I never saw from him before throughout his All Pro career up to that point. I hate to say it, and I hope I am wrong, but I think the Jason Peters decline is going to be quick.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 19 2015, 07:14 AM) *
Just put out this "annoy the fans" scenario:

Eagles stay at #20 and draft...............................

OT Jake Fisher from........................................Oregon!!

You shouldn't make jokes about things that could very well happen

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 19 2015, 06:10 PM) *
A little while afterwards, I heard this worse scenario:

The Rams trade up to #2 by trading Foles and the #10 and a sweetener and draft Marcus Mariota!!

They not only get the QB they wanted, but get a 2nd round pick from us to do so!!

Jeff Fisher, the wily old veteran, schools the young upstart Chipper.

Chip's face will turn to alabaster
When he finds his servant is his master

Man the bridges if that happens. devil03.gif

That'd be pretty fucking clever
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.