Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kendricks and Herschel
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I keep reading that there's a strong possibility Kendricks will be traded. I really, really like him but what would he get in return? Most think he could be part of a package to move up and get Mariota. But what if that's not the plan and Kelly has similar feelings about him that he had for Shady?

I recall Kelly alluding to the Herschel Walker deal as being the foundation of a dynasty.

Even if Mariota goes to Tampa what if Kelly is in the process of completely remaking his roster. Trade Bradford for a #1 (Jets???), go with Sanchez for a year while grooming a young guy and (if true) get your 2016 second rounder back.

Would you trade Mychal for a #1? Stephone Anthony is bigger with similar speed and college production and should go in the second round. Could the Eagles end up with 3 first round picks to fill out the defense and WR? Maybe even trade down to add another second or third? Risk in picking, but ...

(very soft tomatoes are available at the front door)
nephillymike
He's not worth a 1st round pick.

He should get a 2nd rounder.

It's interesting to see who Chip values.

With our holes, you can't afford to have three starting quality ILB.

If we can't get MM, I'd prefer to tade him for another player, a starting caliber WR or SS.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 18 2015, 07:56 AM) *
He's not worth a 1st round pick.

He should get a 2nd rounder.

It's interesting to see who Chip values.

With our holes, you can't afford to have three starting quality ILB.

If we can't get MM, I'd prefer to tade him for another player, a starting caliber WR or SS.

If I'm an NFL team, looking to fill a void at LB, I'm not sure why Kendricks isn't worth a late first. He is a proven guy that was a mid-second rounder himself.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 18 2015, 02:55 PM) *
If I'm an NFL team, looking to fill a void at LB, I'm not sure why Kendricks isn't worth a late first. He is a proven guy that was a mid-second rounder himself.

I agree in theory, but in practice, a draft pick is over valued, a proven player undervalued. They hold onto those scratch off tickets as if they have gold.

If I were a team looking for a LB I'd give up a low one, but the NFL GM's are blinded by the promise of the draft.

That's why I say go player for player. We'll get more for him IMO.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 19 2015, 05:12 AM) *
I agree in theory, but in practice, a draft pick is over valued, a proven player undervalued. They hold onto those scratch off tickets as if they have gold.

If I were a team looking for a LB I'd give up a low one, but the NFL GM's are blinded by the promise of the draft.

That's why I say go player for player. We'll get more for him IMO.

That kind of dogma seems like the type of thing Chip would look to exploit.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 18 2015, 06:49 PM) *
That kind of dogma seems like the type of thing Chip would look to exploit.

I hope he does.

It seems like a no brainer to me.
GroundedBird
wonder how Marcus Smith is doing. If he has progressed maybe LBs shift making Kendricks available.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 24 2015, 12:52 PM) *
wonder how Marcus Smith is doing. If he has progressed maybe LBs shift making Kendricks available.

I think Kendricks is available either way. We have Demeco and Kiko setup for the inside. Graham and Barwin on the outside.

Not only do I think he's available, I'd be pretty shocked if he's on our roster in 10 days.
HobbEs
The talk on WIP yesterday was Kendricks to Miami for Dion Jordan.

Thoughts?
mcnabbulous
That would be an embarrassing haul for us.
Zero
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 27 2015, 09:25 AM) *

Thoughts?

A successful ILB for a failed DE? Not me.
samaroo
I just read a rumor on BGN that there was talk of Marcus Smith to MIA for Dion. Man, gotta love those pre-draft rumors!
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 27 2015, 08:25 AM) *

Thoughts?

As Andy Reid would say on third and inches.................PASS!
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 28 2015, 07:41 PM) *
As Andy Reid would say on third and inches.................PASS!

I laughed at this. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.