Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Good Article of the History of Trading Picks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/the-co...t-round-trades/

This site has a bunch of goodies.

I haven't had the time to read it yet, but figured I'd post it for others and I'll try to read it a work tomorrow.
Zero
I realize I'm on the threshold of being banned for 'wet blanket' posts, but there'a a story there that fits that description. I missed that Winston was being sued for sexual assault. With the heightened focus on all descriptions of person abuse in the NFL, is Tampa willing to take the risk with him? Wouldn't a squeaky clean choice be safer?
Kinsman is seeking damages in excess of $15,000 and a jury trial, alleging that Winston’s conduct “went beyond all possible bounds of decency and was shocking, atrocious and utterly intolerable in a civilized society.”

“Jameis Winston . . . has proven time and time again to be an entitled athlete who believes he can take what he wants,” Kinsman’s attorney, John Clune, said in a statement. “He took something here that he was not entitled to and he hurt someone. There are consequences for that behavior and since others have refused to hold him accountable, our client will.”
Linc ...

OTOH, maybe the price to trade into #1 has fallen. ph34r.gif
Zero
In spirit of thread hijacking, here's a dryer blankee for the DMAACC (Draft Mariota At Any Cost Club). Schoor-Parks (I'm confused about a hyphenated last name for a man) muses that maybe it wasn't CLE who offered a #1, maybe it was the Jets. Would Bradford negotiate with NYJ? Would the Eagles need to sweeten the deal?
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 18 2015, 07:35 AM) *
In spirit of thread hijacking, here's a dryer blankee for the DMAACC (Draft Mariota At Any Cost Club). Schoor-Parks (I'm confused about a hyphenated last name for a man) muses that maybe it wasn't CLE who offered a #1, maybe it was the Jets. Would Bradford negotiate with NYJ? Would the Eagles need to sweeten the deal?
Linc ...

Now this a post of high quality and superior intellect! biggrin.gif
Zero
Yeah, well here's more for the DMAACC (I hope someone noticed the similarity to the QB Andy took with #2 ohmy.gif ). Jimmy the K lays out a scenario that should add some membership to that club. Teaser:
Since Whisenhunt rose to the level of an offensive coordinator in the NFL in 2004 with the Steelers, he has worked almost exclusively with pocket passers.

Mariota's body of work at Oregon doesn't offer many glimpses into what he might look like as a traditional pocket passer, which is all Whisenhunt has ever really known. His projection to the NFL in that regard is very difficult. Mariota isn't exactly a great fit in Tennessee, if Jameis Winston goes #1 to the Buccaneers as most people suspect.
Linc ...

Now flip back to the Wetblanket channel and watch reruns of the character assassination of Winston and imagine a QB desperate team picking first draft a non-pocket passer from Oregon. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.