Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who else would you want?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
Let's just say that MM doesn't fall to us and we don't trade up in any way to get him, what other quarterbacks would want? And if there are any, what round would you be willing to take them?

If we trade back in any way to get another second or third round pick, I would like to take Hundley around that time. If not him, then I wouldn't mind us maybe taking Sims or Cato in the later rounds or undrafted. They're both athletic and I believe if they had to time to learn the system and play behind Sanchez or Bradford for a year or two, could be pretty good. Another guy I think could be could in the late rounds would be Bryan Bennett. I understand a question on him is his accuracy and ball placement, but if Kelly originally scouted him out of high school and got him to commit to Oregon before losing the job to MM, he's must have some type if talent that Kelly is attracted to. Could possibly be a poor mans Mariota in the 6th or 7th, without the risk of mortgaging the future. Any thoughts?
nephillymike
Actually, if not Mariota, nobody.

I guess I could be talked into Winston if he falls to us, but otherwise I'd pass.

No other QB's other than those two are labeled as a "chance to start" or better level by Mayock.

If we can't get MM, I take Bradford, Sanchez and (Barkley or Kinnie) and my rosary beads and get ready for the season.

I keep my eyes open to see if an upgrade over Barkley or Kinnie frees up somewhere, but other than that, my QB search for this year is done.

And, I don't extend Bradford before he plays most of the year. If he goes elsewhere in 2016, so be it.
Zero
Hundley, Petty, Grayson or Bennet may be able to be coached up. Grayson and Bennet can be lower risk, middle to late round choices to replace Barkley. Hundley and Petty will probably be in the first/second round area.
samaroo
I sorta agree with Mikey. There isn't another QB that hits that itch for me this year, but there are some "projects" that can be had way late. If we're not getting MM, than draft BPA. We have a lot of holes. But I'm totally cool with a flyer in the late rounds. Those are the crappiest of shoots anyways, so why not?
JaxEagle
Personally Winston is the only one I would sort of want. I hesitate for the obvious character reasons and also because I see Winston as more of a stand and deliver guy than we use. That's not to say he can't move well enough to function for Chip. Anyway, doesn't matter much because we aren't drafting him.

Maybe one of the mid-late round projected players.
Dreagon
I know you didn't mean my team, but I wouldn't mind us picking up Bryce Petty in the second round to start developing him as a future successor to Romo.

I could see you guys going for Hundley, although I kinda feel that if Kelly can't get Mariota he would probably just prefer to stick with Bradford and worry about putting pieces around him. He might look at QB again next year.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 14 2015, 05:52 PM) *
I know you didn't mean my team, but I wouldn't mind us picking up Bryce Petty in the second round to start developing him as a future successor to Romo.

I could see you guys going for Hundley, although I kinda feel that if Kelly can't get Mariota he would probably just prefer to stick with Bradford and worry about putting pieces around him. He might look at QB again next year.

Any input is welcomed!! I do agree with you too, though Romo isn't a year or two away from retirement, I think getting a solid quarterback to learn behind him and get groomed. I mean Weeden is there but he is only a back up and not to mention, he's almost as old as Romo lol
Joegrane
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 14 2015, 05:52 PM) *
...I could see you guys going for Hundley, although I kinda feel that if Kelly can't get Mariota he would probably just prefer to stick with Bradford and worry about putting pieces around him. He might look at QB again next year.

Bradford only has a year remaining on his contract. If he stays reasonably healthy, he'll be a valuable FA and will seek quite a few years.

However, will Chip want to set himself up to possibly pick up Mariota when he becomes a FA?

If we can't get MM, I take Bradford, Sanchez and (Barkley or Kinnie) and my rosary beads and get ready for the season.

With Bradford and Sanchez QB is not one of the Eagles' bigger problems this year. You'll need the rosary beads for the secondary & outside WRs. QB will again be a question in 2016.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 14 2015, 07:10 AM) *
Personally Winston is the only one I would sort of want. I hesitate for the obvious character reasons and also because I see Winston as more of a stand and deliver guy than we use. That's not to say he can't move well enough to function for Chip. Anyway, doesn't matter much because we aren't drafting him.

Maybe one of the mid-late round projected players.

I heard Jaws say he looked at every one of Winston's throws this year and he should have had more than double the INT's. He said his decision making was below standard.

Even though he can't run, he'd be our most athletic QB, unless Kinnie sticks as #3.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 14 2015, 08:50 PM) *
I heard Jaws say he looked at every one of Winston's throws this year and he should have had more than double the INT's. He said his decision making was below standard.

Mayock was saying something similar, and now rates Mariota above Winston.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.