Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Phillies Band Wagon Is Starting Up
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
3-2!!!

Anyone coming on board?......................

I watched from the bottom of 9th on and there are some guys playing I've never heard of. (I didn't watch anything in preseason)

Always good to beat the Nats!
nephillymike
The wagon is in the shop for service!!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2015, 10:29 PM) *
The wagon is in the shop for service!!

Was there ever any horses to pull the wagon?
SAM I Am
The only way Ryan Howard should be seeing any playing time is when Ruf needs a blow.

Howard with four strike outs yesterday, and they aren't even getting him with breaking balls. They are just throwing heat down the middle of the plate and he just keeps whiffing. He's a shell of himself and it is really time to just bite the bullet, cut him and move on.

Meanwhile, Ruf comes in and hits a pinch hit homerun to tie the game.

Not a bandwagon jumper here, so there is no need for me to even answer that question.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2015, 10:14 AM) *
3-2!!!

Anyone coming on board?......................

I watched from the bottom of 9th on and there are some guys playing I've never heard of. (I didn't watch anything in preseason)

Always good to beat the Nats!

We reached our high water mark for the season on Saturday I am afraid. We could have won again Sunday. Monday we were back to our typical shutout ways. We could average being shutout over once per week.
Joegrane
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Apr 13 2015, 08:26 AM) *
The only way Ryan Howard should be seeing any playing time is when Ruf needs a blow.

Howard with four strike outs yesterday, and they aren't even getting him with breaking balls. They are just throwing heat down the middle of the plate and he just keeps whiffing. He's a shell of himself and it is really time to just bite the bullet, cut him and move on.

Meanwhile, Ruf comes in and hits a pinch hit homerun to tie the game.

The difference in avg against Righties vs Lefties makes Ruf a platoon player.

The Phils should forget about getting something for Howard until he shows he still has something of value to offer.

The situation with Ruf provides them a good opportunity for a platoon situation.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 14 2015, 08:32 PM) *
The difference in avg against Righties vs Lefties makes Ruf a platoon player.

The Phils should forget about getting something for Howard until he shows he still has something of value to offer.

The situation with Ruf provides them a good opportunity for a platoon situation.

If I remember correctly, Ruf has switched from being better vs. righties one year to better vs lefties in other years.

Strange.

I say put him at 1st, sit him every once in a while, and he'll give you .260 and 25 HR's and he'll come with the benefit of being able to throw a guy out at 2nd on a pick off play. It's always good when your starting major league first baseman can execute the throw to 2nd like my backup 8th grade CYO first baseman can!!
nephillymike
Band wagon got hit by a freight train.

Season is over. sad.gif

JaxEagle
I just watched an inning vs the Marlins. We got two out then gave up a swinging bunt, a grounder through the pitcher's legs, an absurd error on Utley and then our CF spun around like a top only to drop a ball he was under. 3 run error. Nice display of MLB...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.