Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Anyone Know What a California Sun Roof Is?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
biggrin.gif
samaroo
Nope.
JeeQ
Someone's a Better Call Saul fan laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 9 2015, 01:21 AM) *
Someone's a Better Call Saul fan laugh.gif

Yes I am.

Great show, but a little disappointed in the season ender.

What you think?
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 9 2015, 05:54 PM) *
Yes I am.

Great show, but a little disappointed in the season ender.

What you think?

Yes, the finale was a bit underwhelming. However, I like the direction of the show. It lives up to its predecessor (BB). Great season overall.
nephillymike
I thought when he walked into the law firm to interview for the partnership spot that the guy interviewing him would be the suit who him and his friend scammed with the Kennedy half dollar.

That would have been better than just turning around IMO.

Maybe I was spoiled with the season enders we've had in Breaking Bad all those years.

The line of the show:

They wanted soft serve and I gave them soft serve!! laugh.gif

I wonder if Kim was a love interest at one time??
JaxEagle
I liked the show but agree the season ender was a little disappointing. Saul's sense of humor is great. I have never seen BB so now I need to get it on DVD or Netflix.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 14 2015, 07:07 AM) *
I liked the show but agree the season ender was a little disappointing. Saul's sense of humor is great. I have never seen BB so now I need to get it on DVD or Netflix.

Jax,

You MUST watch BB. Get it on Netflix and watch away. In season one, the first three episodes are a little slow, but after that, you will be hooked for sure.

Best series I've ever seen. Unlike a lot of other series, the series ender is a classic.

Do it.

Use it as filler from the draft until the NFL season.

Ain't like the Phils are worth watching!!

Do it.

I need to look for a series to watch for me during this down time.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 14 2015, 09:37 PM) *
Jax,

You MUST watch BB. Get it on Netflix and watch away. In season one, the first three episodes are a little slow, but after that, you will be hooked for sure.

Best series I've ever seen. Unlike a lot of other series, the series ender is a classic.

Do it.

Use it as filler from the draft until the NFL season.

Ain't like the Phils are worth watching!!

Do it.

I need to look for a series to watch for me during this down time.

100% agreement on BB. Mikey, did you watch Dexter?
Phits
While I absolutely loved BB, IMO "The Wire" ranks up there as the greatest TV show ever to hit the airwaves. During its run the show was overshadowed by The Sopranos and has since found a fan base. It ran from 2002-2008. 5 seasons of near broadcast perfection.
Phits
Other shows worth watching:

Fargo (the TV show) is fantastic. It is just as quirky as the movie. Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thorton are excellent as is Allison Tolman who plays the local sheriff (similar to Frances McDormand's character in the movie).

True Detective, it took me almost 3 episodes to get into it. Considering that the season is only 8 episodes it doesn't seem justifiable. However, when this thing gets going watch out.

Game of Thrones - I read the books and now love the show. I really enjoy the fact that the author has yet to complete the story, but HBO is continuing with their interpretation. It give those of us that have read the series some surprises to look forward to.

Banshee - I have to admit that this is my guilty pleasure. It is the ultimate man show with gratuitous sex and violence. With that said, the plot is rehashed but is very entertaining: Lucas Hood (Antony Starr), an ex-con and master thief assumes the identity of a murdered sheriff where he continues his criminal activities.

Rectify is a beautifully written show. It seems like there isn't a shot or line that is wasted or out of place in the entire program
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 15 2015, 05:01 AM) *
100% agreement on BB. Mikey, did you watch Dexter?

My daughter loved Dexter. I have not seen it yet. Maybe I'll check it out.

What's it about?
Zero
Dexter is a blood splatter expert working for Miami PD. He's also a serial killer. People tried for years to get me to watch it but it sounded weird so I resisted. I'm glad my daughter talked me into it. I don't put it on the level of BB, but it moves and it's entertaining.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 15 2015, 07:54 AM) *
While I absolutely loved BB, IMO "The Wire" ranks up there as the greatest TV show ever to hit the airwaves. During its run the show was overshadowed by The Sopranos and has since found a fan base. It ran from 2002-2008. 5 seasons of near broadcast perfection.

Only flaw with watching The Wire is it becomes the standard you hold all further TV series too... It was without a doubt the best show ever made for television

Currently watching all 5 of the other shows you listed... in fact the only one you left off that I'd recommend is The Leftovers... absolutely brilliant show
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 16 2015, 01:02 PM) *
Only flaw with watching The Wire is it becomes the standard you hold all further TV series too... It was without a doubt the best show ever made for television

Currently watching all 5 of the other shows you listed... in fact the only one you left off that I'd recommend is The Leftovers... absolutely brilliant show

I was going to put The Leftovers on the list, but I haven't watched it yet so I couldn't speak on it other than regurgitating the reviews. That said, it does look like a very good show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.