Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McCoy: "Chip Kelly Doesn't Like Or Respect Star Players"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Eagles coach Chip Kelly got rid of running back LeSean McCoy so that Kelly himself would get more of the credit for the offense in Philadelphia. At least, that’s how McCoy sees it.

McCoy, now a Buffalo Bill, said at the first day of his new team’s offseason program that Kelly would rather have anonymous players around than stars so that it’s Kelly himself who garners most of the attention.

“I don’t think he likes or respects the stars. I’m being honest,” McCoy told the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I think he likes the fact that it’s ‘Chip Kelly and the Eagles.’ ”

Of course, DeMarco Murray is a star player, and Kelly signed Murray to replace McCoy. But McCoy thinks Kelly showed last year by cutting DeSean Jackson that if a player gets too much credit, that player won’t be around for long.

“It was ‘DeSean Jackson – a high-flying, take-off-the-top-of-the-defense receiver.’ Or ‘The quick, elusive LeSean McCoy,’ ” McCoy said. “I don’t think [Kelly] likes that.”

Whatever the reasons, Kelly has radically reshaped the Eagles’ roster with some surprising personnel decisions. He’s set him up for a season in which he’ll either get a lot of credit, or a lot of blame.

BirdsWinBaby
sour grapes...but a bit of truth to it

Kelly believes he doesnt need the most talented or the biggest stars. they run his system and thats how the team wins. "buy in? we win!" (pat pending)
samaroo
Yep. Shady is starting to sound a little sad. Like a guy who got dumped but says he dumped her.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 7 2015, 03:48 AM) *
Yep. Shady is starting to sound a little sad. Like a guy who got dumped but says he dumped her.

Yep, jilted. He was dumped from the family and he's going to get his hits in. Disappointing but not really surprising recalling his twitter tantrum with his son's mother. Shady is an exciting player but he's got personality issues.
Dreagon
Honestly, I think Kelly is doing the exact same thing Jimmy Johnson did in his second year as head coach. He's making the team his, and sometimes to do that you have to clear out a lot of the "star" elements of the old regime if you really want a chance at a fresh start. It's a way of taking charge of the locker room. And while I think you guys might suffer a "transition year" this year due to that, I don't see your record falling far and you will likely have a more solid team as the result.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 7 2015, 07:40 AM) *
Honestly, I think Kelly is doing the exact same thing Jimmy Johnson did in his second year as head coach. He's making the team his, and sometimes to do that you have to clear out a lot of the "star" elements of the old regime if you really want a chance at a fresh start. It's a way of taking charge of the locker room. And while I think you guys might suffer a "transition year" this year due to that, I don't see your record falling far and you will likely have a more solid team as the result.

Josh Huff was probably the most honest with his recent interview... He said "Chip doesn't have his roster yet and McCoy, Jackson & Foles weren't "Chip Kelly Guys""

This isn't The Philadelphia Eagles any longer, it's Chip Kelly & His Philadelphia Eagles

Like I've said before and will continue to say he'll either be the smartest coach in the NFL or the smartest coach in the unemployment line
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.