Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi folks just a intro.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
chipmode
First of all hope the Eagles faithful are doing well I am from the UK and will be moving to Philly permanently within the next year and a half.

How is the cost of living in Philly...I heard something about a city wage tax?

So here it goes folk supported the Seahawks for about 8 years. I have everything hawks the jerseys,hats,tees, hoodies, helmets and decorated my sports mancave with hawks stuff I got to see a game whilst in Seattle...(a few jerseys/swag from other teams too as I love nfl football) and was previously a member of one of their booster clubs.

I like the seahawks and don't think I'm asking this because of the Super Bowl loss because that's BS, but now the franchise is good and starting to see fans who act like they know it all and have this childish attitude of I know more than you so I am a greater fan Blah dee blah or random people getting customized jerseys trying to become superfans I am just fed up of it all to be honest there is a lot of ass kissing going around and its disgusting ive seen "good" former friends act different and change for the worse.

So I am a big football fan I love all the different forms CFL, NFL and NCAA. This moves me on to my next point.

I am thinking of picking a new team because I am moving to Philadelphia. As a massive football fan and already a fan of the Phillies (Hamels is the man) I would really hope to take in all the teams the city has to offer.

I want to go to the games buy the jerseys of the new players of the teams read the newspaper about the local team and drink beers with the guys at the bar and talk some eagles football.

It will feel all so different supporting an NFL team from where you live than liking it from another country. I lived in Vancouver before and watching the Canucks in the playoffs was unreal the energy the city had was unreal.

Wingheads would this be acceptable ???..I would always have some love for the Seahawks inside but I want to root for a team that is local to me and one I can go to all the games or at least try to and tailgate every weekend and stuff.

As a fan from overseas this would be a dream come true.

Ok I await the rowdy response haha
samaroo
Welcome to the forums!

If bandwagon fans got you down, we've got the cure! Other than a lot of Michael Vick fans in Atlanta a few years ago, we don't have many fakers. But it can be a rough road. There are better here to prepare you for the seemingly-inevitable heartbreak every season offers, as I try to be a generally positive person! biggrin.gif

Oh, and I'd keep the "closet Seahawks" fan to myself once in the city. And leave the jerseys in England, you don't want that getting out.

We have some other members here from abroad, and even from the UK. You can tell who he is by his odd use of the letter "u" and hatred for the letter "s."

Anyway, welcome! And Go Eagles!
nephillymike
Nope.

We already have one guy from Scotland around here who uses the word whilst.

Two's a crowd!!

But I'll give you a bonus question.

In football, the part of the team who's job it is to stop the other team from scoring is known as the ________ ?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 5 2015, 11:36 PM) *
In football, the part of the team who's job it is to stop the other team from scoring is known as the ________ ?
Ref?
Eyrie
Welcome a-board! And watch for flying batteries wink.gif

Chipmode - you'll never be accused of being a glory hunter if you choose to be an Eagles fan.

Samaroo - the letter "s" is fine, it's the way you colonials drop it for a "z" that is odd.

Mikey - that should be "whose", not "who is".
Zero
I object to the intimation that "z" is odd. It may be true but we shouldn't talk about it in his presence. (That third party speech is fun.)

I also object to switching allegiance. I understand the convenience of supporting the local team, and encourage it as a sort of sports affair but a true fan doesn't abandon their team for any reason. If you're truly a Seahawk fan, wear the colors proudly but not aggressively. Support them always and support the Eagles except when it hurts the Seahawks. There are many devoted Eagle fans who post here but live far away. It's the essence of loyalty. Loyalty breeds respect.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 6 2015, 07:41 AM) *
I also object to switching allegiance. I understand the convenience of supporting the local team, and encourage it as a sort of sports affair but a true fan doesn't abandon their team for any reason. If you're truly a Seahawk fan, wear the colors proudly but not aggressively. Support them always and support the Eagles except when it hurts the Seahawks. There are many devoted Eagle fans who post here but live far away. It's the essence of loyalty. Loyalty breeds respect.

Not to mention if you simply remember this is an Eagles board and treat your fellow board members and their team with respect, you'll find these are a pretty good group of guys.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 6 2015, 10:41 AM) *
Not to mention if you simply remember this is an Eagles board and treat your fellow board members and their team with respect, you'll find these are a pretty good group of guys.

Apparently our weekly payments to you aren't bouncing. laugh.gif
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 5 2015, 10:36 PM) *
But I'll give you a bonus question.

Mikey,

On Chip's new running team is the correct answer the O-fence?
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 6 2015, 07:22 PM) *
Welcome a-board! And watch for flying batteries wink.gif

Chipmode - you'll never be accused of being a glory hunter if you choose to be an Eagles fan.

Samaroo - the letter "s" is fine, it's the way you colonials drop it for a "z" that is odd.

Mikey - that should be "whose", not "who is".

We don't substitute "s" for "z" anymore, that was the 90's. Now it's "$." And I was referring to your quirky subs of "s" for "c" under certain circumstances. I'm only joking, anyway, don't take offen$e. wink.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 6 2015, 01:41 PM) *
I object to the intimation that "z" is odd. It may be true but we shouldn't talk about it in his presence. (That third party speech is fun.)

It's a truism that you can change your car, your job, your house and your wife, but never your team.

However chipmode states that he's only followed the Seahawks for eight years, so I'm guessing that he isn't a Seattle native and picked them for some reason. Now that he's moving to Philadelphia he feels he has a better reason to support a team.

And where is chipmode anyway? We can't have frightened him off this early?

QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 7 2015, 08:51 AM) *
We don't substitute "s" for "z" anymore, that was the 90's. Now it's "$." And I was referring to your quirky subs of "s" for "c" under certain circumstances. I'm only joking, anyway, don't take offen$e. wink.gif

$tupid Ameri$an$ $ub$titute everything!
D Rock
As a philly phan, I don't get the concept of "choosing a team."

Philly Phandom is a birth rite. I inherited it from my father (despite growing up in foreskinz country) and my children inherited it from me (despite being born and raised in L.A.)

I suppose you get points for choosing the right team, but it strikes me as less than "real." (No offense)

Either way, welcome to the board. Provided you don't act line an ass hat like House of Lame and his ilk, you'll be welcomed here with open arms. But keep that ugly ass seattle garbage well out of sight, if you please....

cheers.gif
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 7 2015, 03:14 PM) *
As a philly phan, I don't get the concept of "choosing a team."

Philly Phandom is a birth rite. I inherited it from my father (despite growing up in foreskinz country) and my children inherited it from me (despite being born and raised in L.A.)

I suppose you get points for choosing the right team, but it strikes me as less than "real." (No offense)

Either way, welcome to the board. Provided you don't act line an ass hat like House of Lame and his ilk, you'll be welcomed here with open arms. But keep that ugly ass seattle garbage well out of sight, if you please....

cheers.gif

Way to welcome the guy to the board D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.