Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sitting here doing taxes sipping good beer
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Troegs Troegenator - very good double bock

Smithwicks Irish Ale - simple but goodie

River Horse Chocolate Porter - Yum

Got three on deck....................................
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 4 2015, 08:48 PM) *
Troegs Troegenator - very good double bock

Smithwicks Irish Ale - simple but goodie

River Horse Chocolate Porter - Yum

Got three on deck....................................

Had a couple of Weyrbacher Heresy last night with family and pizza. Happy Easter, Mike.

(Forget the taxes, Wolff will be coming for more soon enough.)
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 5 2015, 06:48 AM) *
Had a couple of Weyrbacher Heresy last night with family and pizza. Happy Easter, Mike.

(Forget the taxes, Wolff will be coming for more soon enough.)

Thanks Z,

Happy Easter to you and the Family.

I was eyeing up a bottle of Heresy yesterday for my craft six pack I brought, but the last time I had a craft brew that was aged in oak whiskey barrels, it really had a strong whiskey taste, a little too strong for my tastes.
make_it_rain
I havent touched Troegenator since the playoff loss to the Saints in 2013. It's a good beer, but it can be a bit dangerous.

I was throwing them back the entire game, completely oblivious to the fact that its like 8.2% ABV. I should have sensed something when things started to get pretty hazy by the start of the third quarter. The fourth quarter was a complete blur. I ended up waking up on the floor the next morning and had to check the score online because I didn't remember who won. I then proceeded to suffer through one of the worst 48 hour hangovers I've ever had.

nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 6 2015, 11:57 AM) *
I havent touched Troegenator since the playoff loss to the Saints in 2013. It's a good beer, but it can be a bit dangerous.

I was throwing them back the entire game, completely oblivious to the fact that its like 8.2% ABV. I should have sensed something when things started to get pretty hazy by the start of the third quarter. The fourth quarter was a complete blur. I ended up waking up on the floor the next morning and had to check the score online because I didn't remember who won. I then proceeded to suffer through one of the worst 48 hour hangovers I've ever had.

Wow!!

Good story, bad outcome!!
HobbEs
Troegs makes some damn good stuff. I have a couple Dreamweavers (wheat beer) in the fridge as we speak.

Also, I recently discovered La Grave. It's as good a Belgian golden ale as you'll find anywhere...other than Belgium.

And don't forget the Mad Elf...
nephillymike
I finished up with a River Horse Oatmeal Stout, Guinness Blonde and a Sam Adams Escape Route.

The River Horse is a solid B+

The Guiness and Sam Adams an OK B-.

All in all, not a bad craft six for the weekend.

I will check out some of the others you mention on next trip.
Zero
Try a Southern Tier Porter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.