Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is the year of IF
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
FWIW ...
I think the RB trio of Murray, Mathews and Sproles will deliver chunk plays. Murray had more runs of 20 or more yards and more runs of 40 or more yards than LeSean McCoy did over the past 2 years. Mathews has the speed to break long runs. Sproles is a threat to create a big play any time he touches the ball.

Obviously the key to all of this is having the right trigger-man. We’ve talked about Sam Bradford quite a bit. All we can do for now is speculate. If things go as Kelly envisions them, the offense will be even better. You’ll have a veteran QB with a strong and better accuracy running the show. He’ll get the ball to the open receivers and run the explosive attack at a high level. If things go as others fear, we’ll see Mark Sanchez on the field too often and being as erratic as he always has through his NFL career, meaning the offense is in trouble in critical situations. Time will tell on this.

Linc ...

And that about sums it up. If Bradford can stay healthy or not.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 2 2015, 05:47 AM) *
FWIW ...

Linc ...

If you guys keep Bradford, then a lot of Murray's and Matthew's success is going to depend on whether Bradford can throw the deep ball or not. He seldom did for the Rams, but that might have been simply the nature of their offense. But he will need to a little more often with you guys to keep defenses honest and give those running backs a little room.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 2 2015, 04:42 PM) *
If you guys keep Bradford, then a lot of Murray's and Matthew's success is going to depend on whether Bradford can throw the deep ball or not. He seldom did for the Rams, but that might have been simply the nature of their offense. But he will need to a little more often with you guys to keep defenses honest and give those running backs a little room.

Right now we lack a deep threat at WR. Maybe we'll draft one as a balance to the big bodied blockers that Kelly seems to favour, but I doubt it.
mcnabbulous
I don't think Chip wants to throw the deep ball. I think he wants to move the chains with consistent positive gains from his running backs and quick, accurate passes from his QB. He wants to score fast, not because of big plays, but instead because of lots of fast ones.

I think he believes he can scheme that little bit of room you're referring to.
D Rock
Book it. IF Sam starts 14 games for us next season, he's going to the ProBowl.

You heard it here first.
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 3 2015, 08:09 AM) *
Book it. IF Sam starts 14 games for us next season, he's going to the ProBowl.

You heard it here first.

Man, I love bold proclaimations! biggrin.gif

I agree with mcnabby. I don't think we'll chuck it deep as much as we did in '13. Mostly bacause we don't have the personnel we did then. I forsee a lot more runs between the tackles and a lot more short passes wide of the hashes.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 2 2015, 05:47 AM) *
FWIW ...

Linc ...

Call me skeptical, at best.

I just preferred that we saw strong and accurate from Bradford during the times he has played in the NFL. He was a dink and dunk guy, who got skittish from the hits, and wouldn't stand in to throw the long ball, and threw the very short ball at a lower completion % than Foles, AND he costs $11M more which hinders us in other areas. I'm trying to be patient because I really believe we will trade him. If we don't, I fear it will be the busts or all busts. Seems like a nice guy so if think he will be liked if he can play.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2015, 11:47 PM) *
I don't think Chip wants to throw the deep ball. I think he wants to move the chains with consistent positive gains from his running backs and quick, accurate passes from his QB. He wants to score fast, not because of big plays, but instead because of lots of fast ones.

I think he believes he can scheme that little bit of room you're referring to.

It's not about a "bombs away" approach, but we do need a way to keep defences honest and stop them sticking eight in the box to deal with the run and short passes.

I'm relaxed about that being our #3 or #4 WR, as long as we have the option.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 3 2015, 12:43 PM) *
It's not about a "bombs away" approach, but we do need a way to keep defences honest and stop them sticking eight in the box to deal with the run and short passes.

I'm relaxed about that being our #3 or #4 WR, as long as we have the option.

I think on-field production will be the determining factor of a defenses "honesty". Burning a defender isn't necessarily about the speed. IMO Speed helps, but consistent execution and precise route running are more of a deciding factor.

The truth is, who was the last SB Championship team that had an elite or speedy WR?
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 4 2015, 04:40 AM) *
I think on-field production will be the determining factor of a defenses "honesty". Burning a defender isn't necessarily about the speed. IMO Speed helps, but consistent execution and precise route running are more of a deciding factor.

Bingo. Bill Walsh used to use short, quick passes running right past/behind the guys in the box to make the defense drop back. Those slot slants were his version of Desean running a 9. And they both work. Or, they both can.

The truth is, who was the last SB Championship team that had an elite or speedy WR?

Lots of teams in the 90s. But I see your point. The NFL has gone away from the All-Universe RB carrying a team, and is now seemingly going away from that at WR as well. But the guys in the Calvin Johnson mold (Dez, AJ, Julio, etc.) seem to be pretty dominant. And I want one.
D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 6 2015, 03:19 AM) *
But the guys in the Calvin Johnson mold (Dez, AJ, Julio, etc.) seem to be pretty dominant. And I want one.

But for the annoying reality that not ONE of those guys has won a damn thing...
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 8 2015, 05:02 AM) *
But for the annoying reality that not ONE of those guys has won a damn thing...

True, but I still want one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.