Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boykin to Miami?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I really liked Boykin's play in 2013 but wasn't so impressed last year. Without looking at stats, not bad, just OK. In 2013 he had a nice way of getting big plays at critical times. Not so much in 2014. If they do trade him to Miami we'll get a better sense on how Kelly thinks about his Ducks. Will they try to get Jordan in exchange, or ...
Miami picks 14th in the first round. The Eagles pick 20th. According to the draft pick value chart there is a difference of 250 points, or a third-round pick, between the two. The Eagles could send Boykin and No. 20 to the Dolphins for No. 14 and if need be throw in a seventh-round pick, since Miami doesn't have one to sweeten the deal. Moving up six picks might not seem like a huge move, but if the Eagles did that last year they could have gotten safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, wide receiver Brandin Cooks or guard even guard Zack Martin. How would any of them look right now, instead of Marcus Smith?
Linc ...

Jordan has been used as a DE if I'm not mistaken. Would he be more successful as an OLB? Kelly was reported to have cried when he told his Oregon players he was jumping to the NFL. He had very high praise for Jordan before he took Johnson. He's done nothing but say good things about Mariota. Maybe he loves them like family but not so much as players?
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 31 2015, 08:37 PM) *
I really liked Boykin's play in 2013 but wasn't so impressed last year. Without looking at stats, not bad, just OK. In 2013 he had a nice way of getting big plays at critical times. Not so much in 2014. If they do trade him to Miami we'll get a better sense on how Kelly thinks about his Ducks. Will they try to get Jordan in exchange, or ...
Linc ...

Jordan has been used as a DE if I'm not mistaken. Would he be more successful as an OLB? Kelly was reported to have cried when he told his Oregon players he was jumping to the NFL. He had very high praise for Jordan before he took Johnson. He's done nothing but say good things about Mariota. Maybe he loves them like family but not so much as players?

If that trade goes down, I think it'll be for a package to go get The Ultimate Duck, MM. Having said that, I think a deal with Cleveland to juice up for the Big Move much more likely.
nephillymike
If they did that last year, they could have traded up to get Marcus Smith!!

Didn't they say that they couldn't believe he "fell" to them last year?? rolleyes.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 1 2015, 11:21 AM) *
If they did that last year, they could have traded up to get Marcus Smith!!

Didn't they say that they couldn't believe he "fell" to them last year?? rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif
Or more likely, ODB. I would love to see him in Midnight Green.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 31 2015, 09:37 PM) *
laugh.gif
Or more likely, ODB. I would love to see him in Midnight Green.

Right which is who Chip wanted most and everyone knew it. Including the Yorkers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.