Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sal Pal discloses how the trades went down
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
BirdsWinBaby
he was on the radio today and said he spoke to both the Rams and Bills FO people

Chip wanted to dump Shady so Marynowitz calls everyone. found out (just like Demarco murray did) that high priced RBs are a hard sell

Bills get the call. asks what the eagles want. Marynowitz says he wants picks. Bills dont have any. then he says, well how about 2 players (Kiko and a WR). Bills counter with just Kiko. Deal Done.

Eagles/Bills/Cleveland want Bradford. Rams demand picks. Bills are out cuz they have none. Cleveland offers 19. Eagles offer Foles. Rams squeeze the eagles saying that Cleveland is giving a first rounder. Birds throw in a 2nd rounder next year for sweetener. (some late rounders swapped to even things out a little) Deal Done.
JeeQ
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 24 2015, 03:20 PM) *
he was on the radio today and said he spoke to both the Rams and Bills FO people

Chip wanted to dump Shady so Marynowitz calls everyone. found out (just like Demarco murray did) that high priced RBs are a hard sell

Bills get the call. asks what the eagles want. Marynowitz says he wants picks. Bills dont have any. then he says, well how about 2 players (Kiko and a WR). Bills counter with just Kiko. Deal Done.

Eagles/Bills/Cleveland want Bradford. Rams demand picks. Bills are out cuz they have none. Cleveland offers 19. Eagles offer Foles. Rams squeeze the eagles saying that Cleveland is giving a first rounder. Birds throw in a 2nd rounder next year for sweetener. (some late rounders swapped to even things out a little) Deal Done.

Sounds about right to me... Much like Jackson, Chip just wasn't a fan of Shady... and it also sounds like he wasn't a big fan of Foles either

The salary cap excuse doesn't work when you go out and spend $14M instead of the $10M Shady's contract demanded
koolaidluke
I like how all of a sudden Kelly wants to run a "power spread" offense. Uh huh, that's why his Oregon teams had to depend on the option to make the inside zone work. That's why he always had smurf burners at Oregon. That's why the Eagles have been unable to consistently run the ball inside ever since Vick got hurt last season. That's why the Eagles interior line features some of the smallest guys in the league at their positions.

The Eagles are spending more money to get less production out of their running game, although I do agree that Murray and Mathews will help the passing game.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 24 2015, 07:18 PM) *
Sounds about right to me... Much like Jackson, Chip just wasn't a fan of Shady... and it also sounds like he wasn't a big fan of Foles either

The salary cap excuse doesn't work when you go out and spend $14M instead of the $10M Shady's contract demanded

You can't assume that Shady would have renegotiated. We know that he was going to cost almost 12 million....(essentially) the same value as our 2 headed monster. We got a Ferrari and a Porsche in exchange for our Lamborghini.
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 25 2015, 10:26 AM) *
We got a Tundra and an F-250 in exchange for our Lamborghini.

Fixed that for ya!
D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 25 2015, 03:59 AM) *
Fixed that for ya!

That's going a bit too far, but even if it were true...

They'll still get you there. And if it takes a few more carries to get there, that only helps keeps the defense off the field. Chip apparently values #of snaps in lieu of TOP.

I like it. That said, they gotta figure out the guard situation or they're screwed either way. Also to protect our shiney new crystal quarterback. Holes remain at safety, corner, and WR (in that order).

I was on the "do what it takes to get MM" bandwagon, but no way we can do that with all these holes remaining.
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 25 2015, 02:03 PM) *
That's going a bit too far, but even if it were true...

I'm not saying they suck, I just think their running styles fit trucks more than European sports cars.

I felt really stupid typing that.
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 24 2015, 08:59 PM) *
Fixed that for ya!

Considering that FORD Stands For Fix Or Repair Daily and the injury history on these two I'd say that comparison is dead on laugh.gif
D Rock
First On Race Day
Reality Fan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 25 2015, 02:47 AM) *
I'm not saying they suck, I just think their running styles fit trucks more than European sports cars.

I felt really stupid typing that.

considering Murray has an average 4.8 yds/A and McCoy is 4.6 for their respective careers and had a better 40 time....I can understand you feeling that way....

Murray just doesn't fuck around, he hits the hole....McCoy likes to stutter step and take every run to the house....he was very good but he is more a highlight guy that a guy to keep the chains moving. He had terrific moments but some pretty mediocre ones as well.(78 plays of 0 or - yardage last year?)
samaroo
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 30 2015, 07:27 AM) *
considering Murray has an average 4.8 yds/A and McCoy is 4.6 for their respective careers and had a better 40 time....I can understand you feeling that way....

Murray just doesn't fuck around, he hits the hole....McCoy likes to stutter step and take every run to the house....he was very good but he is more a highlight guy that a guy to keep the chains moving. He had terrific moments but some pretty mediocre ones as well.(78 plays of 0 or - yardage last year?)

Yep. Chip doesn't want boom-or-bust, he wants consistency, and he wants the RB to hit the designed hole. Whatever, we'll see. I'm gonna miss Shady (especially on my fantasy team...I don't know if I should keep him or not) but I'm looking forward to what this team is hopefully becoming.

And I'm really excited to see Kiko play! It's been a long time since we had a domintating D here. I'm not saying we do now, but it looks like it could be better than it's been in a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.