Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFC East FA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Interesting overview of what the NFC East did in FA. Looking at this, it seems the Cowboys are losers while the Redskins and Giants both showed some minor improvement. I'm a Kool Aid drinking DKD but I still think the Eagles did the best despite an incomplete grade. If they finish the deal with some magical moves they will be like NASA on launch day. Bring on the magic show! biggrin.gif
Here ...
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 20 2015, 05:36 AM) *
Interesting overview of what the NFC East did in FA. Looking at this, it seems the Cowboys are losers while the Redskins and Giants both showed some minor improvement. I'm a Kool Aid drinking DKD but I still think the Eagles did the best despite an incomplete grade. If they finish the deal with some magical moves they will be like NASA on launch day. Bring on the magic show! biggrin.gif
Here ...

We just had too many guys become free agents at the same time that we were forced to give Bryant the franchise tag. Losing Harris, Durant, and Murray hurts...although I think the Giants did over pay for Harris. Harris is a good special teams player, and a very good blocking receiver, but he was fourth on our depth chart for a reason. I disagree with him on Melton and Parnell. Melton spent a lot of the year injured and didn't contribute all that much, while Parnell is dominant one play and asleep the next. And the reason the players we lost last year didn't hurt us was because they weren't playing up to their reputations. Ware simply wasn't what he used to be.

Of course, losing Murray is a blow. The trick isn't going to be replacing him, but getting somebody good enough to minimize his loss. I could actually see us drafting a rb in the first round...especially if Gordon falls to us.

The Redskins resigning McCoy this early is interesting. When your third stringer is locked in before the draft, the first or second stringer might ought to consider getting nervous.

The Giants actually sort of make me nervous. I think they were a little better than their record showed last year, and they've done nothing but improve. Not to mention, Manning and Beckham have had a year to get comfortable with each other, and now they have a running back who also has good hands.
samaroo
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 21 2015, 01:49 AM) *
Manning and Beckham have had a year to get comfortable with each other, and now they have a running back who also has good hands.

I think I'll be scared of that guy for a lot of years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.