Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good read on Bradford
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/03/...m-sam-bradford/

Pros and Cons, after reading this, I don't think we should keep him, at least not at $12M. No pocket awareness. It looks like Sanchez would be a better starter.

I'm hoping Chip finds a way to go up and get MM.
mcnabbulous
I don't think "no pocket awareness" is fair. More likely a lack of trust in his pocket. The question is whether he can overcome that.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 20 2015, 09:42 AM) *
I don't think "no pocket awareness" is fair. More likely a lack of trust in his pocket. The question is whether he can overcome that.

That was my take away, as well. Sanchez improved significantly here. I think Bradford can, too. I'm still hoping we get MM, though. But I won't be as disheartened if we roll with Sammy. The more I've read about him, the better I've felt.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 19 2015, 07:54 PM) *
That was my take away, as well. Sanchez improved significantly here. I think Bradford can, too. I'm still hoping we get MM, though. But I won't be as disheartened if we roll with Sammy. The more I've read about him, the better I've felt.

Basically in the same boat, but I don't require reading about Sammy. I've seen what the guy can do with my own eyes. Playing for Brian Schottenheimer is a death trap. I'm glad that Chip can see through it.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 20 2015, 10:07 AM) *
Basically in the same boat, but I don't require reading about Sammy. I've seen what the guy can do with my own eyes. Playing for Brian Schottenheimer is a death trap. I'm glad that Chip can see through it.

Yes, I've seen him play, too. I never had a reason to read about him off the field. I've been very impressed with his apparent intelligence, leadership and work ethic. Plus, he seems like a genuinely righteous dude, by all accounts.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 19 2015, 08:46 PM) *
Yes, I've seen him play, too. I never had a reason to read about him off the field. I've been very impressed with his apparent intelligence, leadership and work ethic. Plus, he seems like a genuinely righteous dude, by all accounts.

Righteous dude?

I know. he's very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 20 2015, 11:15 AM) *
Righteous dude?

I know. he's very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him.

That is why I have got to catch him this time. To show these kids the example he sets is a first class ticket to nowhere!

laugh.gif

Sorry for the lingo, I was raised by super-hippies.
max
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 19 2015, 07:38 PM) *
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/03/...m-sam-bradford/

Pros and Cons, after reading this, I don't think we should keep him, at least not at $12M. No pocket awareness. It looks like Sanchez would be a better starter.

I'm hoping Chip finds a way to go up and get MM.

I'm a long time Rams fan who was pounding the draft board in favor of Bradford back in 2010.

After 5 years, it was sad to see him go, but it was the right move by Jeff Fisher.

I can attest to many of the Bradford shortcomings cited in the article.

One big problem he has is he is a pure linear QB, with zero elusiveness. He goes down as soon as he is touched and you are always praying praying he gets up. He lacks any nimbleness whatsoever in the pocket.

He just seems unable to avoid taking bad hits and usually looks very awkward trying.

He can throw a beautiful and accurate ball when everything is right but teams have figured out if you get in his face just a little he has major problems. He is tough though. He's not afraid to put his nose in there, that's not the problem at all. It's the awkwardness. And his body type of not being big boned was an issued cited by Rich Gannon a few years ago.

I had always thought he'd get better with his pocket presence but the injury factor was too much of a problem.

Sam is also not a firey leader. He's an only child who doesn't appear comfortable naturally around large groups of people. He's a great kid, though. And a very hard worker. I'm rooting for him to do well because I still like him a lot as a person.

Bradfords long ball can be very accurate just check out his last game against Carolina. He looked like he was really getting better with it, then he tore his ACL twice.

Les Snead said if the Eagles trade Bradford then the Rams don't give up any compensatory picks next year. They keep their 3rd or 4th rounder regardless if Bradford gets hurt on another team.

I don't know if Foles is the answer for the Rams. He did look lost at times last year. You folks have a much better viewpoint about him. What can you tell me about him, good and bad?

Sorry for rambling on, it's a slow time of year, and I just thought it would be worth a shot to compare notes with you guys.
Thanks, max
nephillymike
QUOTE (max @ Mar 22 2015, 09:51 AM) *
I'm a long time Rams fan who was pounding the draft board in favor of Bradford back in 2010.

After 5 years, it was sad to see him go, but it was the right move by Jeff Fisher.

I can attest to many of the Bradford shortcomings cited in the article.

One big problem he has is he is a pure linear QB, with zero elusiveness. He goes down as soon as he is touched and you are always praying praying he gets up. He lacks any nimbleness whatsoever in the pocket.

He just seems unable to avoid taking bad hits and usually looks very awkward trying.

He can throw a beautiful and accurate ball when everything is right but teams have figured out if you get in his face just a little he has major problems. He is tough though. He's not afraid to put his nose in there, that's not the problem at all. It's the awkwardness. And his body type of not being big boned was an issued cited by Rich Gannon a few years ago.

I had always thought he'd get better with his pocket presence but the injury factor was too much of a problem.

Sam is also not a firey leader. He's an only child who doesn't appear comfortable naturally around large groups of people. He's a great kid, though. And a very hard worker. I'm rooting for him to do well because I still like him a lot as a person.

Bradfords long ball can be very accurate just check out his last game against Carolina. He looked like he was really getting better with it, then he tore his ACL twice.

Les Snead said if the Eagles trade Bradford then the Rams don't give up any compensatory picks next year. They keep their 3rd or 4th rounder regardless if Bradford gets hurt on another team.

I don't know if Foles is the answer for the Rams. He did look lost at times last year. You folks have a much better viewpoint about him. What can you tell me about him, good and bad?

Sorry for rambling on, it's a slow time of year, and I just thought it would be worth a shot to compare notes with you guys.
Thanks, max

Thanks for the info. A good friend of mine is from St Louis and a big Ram fan and was a season ticket holder before he moved west and he was very happy with the trade. He too mentioned much of what you stated.

As far as Foles goes, he was like Jeckyl and Hyde. In 2013 he was all-time great. In 2014, he was a messed up QB with very bad mechanics and was very careless with the football. If you get the average of both seasons, you will have a very good NFL QB. He is tough and can lead a team in tough situations. He has had a few real good comebacks in his short career. Last year vs. Was, a few games vs TB to name a few. He has a NFL arm and can make all the throws. He's well liked and a leader and he is a great kid. His release is slow, which hurts a little in this offense and he doesn't have the speed to be a viable threat in the read option. He left 2013 playoff game with his team in the lead so that loss really isn't on him IMO, but our defense and some lazy ST play at the end. He was very impressive his rookie year, where he was one of two or three rookie QB's ever to have averaged over 240 yards and have a 60+ plus completion % and he played with a large amount of backups as most of our stars and most of our starting OL was out injured. He was tough and a trooper and won over many of his teammates.

He has been injured a lot, concussion, broken wrist, broken collar bone in just three seasons so fragile bones is a concern.

My preference was to trade Foles to get Mariota, but if we didn't do that, I would have been fine to have him and Sanchez battle for the starting QB job. I was surprised how much we gave up for him.

I think he will rebound from last year and my gut tells me you got the better QB of the two. I hope it works out for both teams.

Hope this helps.
max
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 22 2015, 10:31 AM) *
Thanks for the info. A good friend of mine is from St Louis and a big Ram fan and was a season ticket holder before he moved west and he was very happy with the trade. He too mentioned much of what you stated.

As far as Foles goes, he was like Jeckyl and Hyde. In 2013 he was all-time great. In 2014, he was a messed up QB with very bad mechanics and was very careless with the football. If you get the average of both seasons, you will have a very good NFL QB. He is tough and can lead a team in tough situations. He has had a few real good comebacks in his short career. Last year vs. Was, a few games vs TB to name a few. He has a NFL arm and can make all the throws. He's well liked and a leader and he is a great kid. His release is slow, which hurts a little in this offense and he doesn't have the speed to be a viable threat in the read option. He left 2013 playoff game with his team in the lead so that loss really isn't on him IMO, but our defense and some lazy ST play at the end. He was very impressive his rookie year, where he was one of two or three rookie QB's ever to have averaged over 240 yards and have a 60+ plus completion % and he played with a large amount of backups as most of our stars and most of our starting OL was out injured. He was tough and a trooper and won over many of his teammates.

He has been injured a lot, concussion, broken wrist, broken collar bone in just three seasons so fragile bones is a concern.

My preference was to trade Foles to get Mariota, but if we didn't do that, I would have been fine to have him and Sanchez battle for the starting QB job. I was surprised how much we gave up for him.

I think he will rebound from last year and my gut tells me you got the better QB of the two. I hope it works out for both teams.

Hope this helps.

thanks. i hope so too. Not sure why Foles regressed so much in 2014, though I thought he had a couple of good games. Thought he played well against the Colts in Indy. He seemed to get worse as the year went on. Lost his confidence maybe. Bradford was like that in his 2nd year as a starter when many guys around him got hurt. He was absolutely horrible. But he rebounded the next year, though he was still uneven.

Mariota would be better you guys than us. Fisher plays a different game than Chip.
Phits
QUOTE (max @ Mar 22 2015, 11:17 AM) *
thanks. i hope so too. Not sure why Foles regressed so much in 2014, though I thought he had a couple of good games. Thought he played well against the Colts in Indy. He seemed to get worse as the year went on. Lost his confidence maybe. Bradford was like that in his 2nd year as a starter when many guys around him got hurt. He was absolutely horrible. But he rebounded the next year, though he was still uneven.

Mariota would be better you guys than us. Fisher plays a different game than Chip.

One of the things that soured me on Foles last season, was his breakdown in simple mechanics. He too often was throwing off his back foot without setting his feet. I noticed the issue late in 2013 and in our playoff loss to New Orleans. He didn't correct it in the off-season, pre-season or the regular season before he got hurt. It appears to be a mental thing, hopefully the change of setting and a new QB coach will help correct this, but until it is fixed he will be inaccurate and require a very good (talented) surrounding cast to look decent.
max
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 22 2015, 02:53 PM) *
One of the things that soured me on Foles last season, was his breakdown in simple mechanics. He too often was throwing off his back foot without setting his feet. I noticed the issue late in 2013 and in our playoff loss to New Orleans. He didn't correct it in the off-season, pre-season or the regular season before he got hurt. It appears to be a mental thing, hopefully the change of setting and a new QB coach will help correct this, but until it is fixed he will be inaccurate and require a very good (talented) surrounding cast to look decent.

Thanks.

Now that you mention it, Bradford had the same problem in 2011. He was a mess mechanically too, and the start of 2012 it was still a problem, it took until the middle of the year before he got straightened out, though he was still inconsistent. He looked great against the Niners in SF, and stunk a few weeks later. The media in STL said the problem was due to battered QB syndrome, his accuracy was awful in 2011 and it was still a problem in 2012 against the Jets and Vikings. He was missing everything.

The consensus among Rams fans was that Bradford's was finally putting it all together in the Carolina game in 2013, his 4th year as a starter, when he got hurt.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (max @ Mar 22 2015, 11:17 AM) *
thanks. i hope so too. Not sure why Foles regressed so much in 2014

Because he was never that good in the first place.

Don't let the national media fool you, Donovan McNabb was hero worshipped by about 99% of all Eagles fans until the end of his final season. But whether you liked McNabb or not, and I was one of his fiercest critics, he always had genuine accomplishments to back up the hero worship.

Foles in contrast has accomplished nothing whatsoever. Absolutely nothing. Unless you want to count LOSING a home playoff game against a team that did everything to give said game away as an accomplishment.

And yet you should have seen the love given to this loser in Philadelphia last season. It was like the worse he played the more passionately people supported him. Even if Bradford wins the next 10 SuperBowls for the Eagles, the most important thing to come out of this trade will be the pain that it cause the Foles' fanboys; the lowest form of human life.

You seem like you have some hope that Foles can help your team. I am here to tell you to put that hope away right now. Foles will not help the Rams win games. He will play mediocre overall with flashes of brilliance and then end up on IR by week 12.

I understand that it was time for the Rams to turn the page on Sam Bradford. The problem is that they have turned the page to something worse.
max
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 22 2015, 03:28 PM) *
Because he was never that good in the first place.

Don't let the national media fool you, Donovan McNabb was hero worshipped by about 99% of all Eagles fans until the end of his final season. But whether you liked McNabb or not, and I was one of his fiercest critics, he always had genuine accomplishments to back up the hero worship.

Foles in contrast has accomplished nothing whatsoever. Absolutely nothing. Unless you want to count LOSING a home playoff game against a team that did everything to give said game away as an accomplishment.

And yet you should have seen the love given to this loser in Philadelphia last season. It was like the worse he played the more passionately people supported him. Even if Bradford wins the next 10 SuperBowls for the Eagles, the most important thing to come out of this trade will be the pain that it cause the Foles' fanboys; the lowest form of human life.

You seem like you have some hope that Foles can help your team. I am here to tell you to put that hope away right now. Foles will not help the Rams win games. He will play mediocre overall with flashes of brilliance and then end up on IR by week 12.

I understand that it was time for the Rams to turn the page on Sam Bradford. The problem is that they have turned the page to something worse.

You're not alone. There are some posters on the Rams message board who feel the same way about Foles. Also, they think Bradford is a bust also. It's certainly a real possibility that we traded one bust for another.

Many Rams fans want Mariota and think the Rams should trade up from 10 to get him. There are those who believe that picking up the Eagles 2nd round pick next year will help sweeten the package. Jason LaCanfora is one who believes the Rams are very serious about Mariota. So who knows.
mcnabbulous
The Foles apologism was a strange phenomenon.

He's a limited athlete with poor mechanics (as stated) who benefitted from a league that was ill prepared to handle Chip's scheme in year one.

Maybe playing 8 games indoors will help, but his deep passing is one of the most infuriating parts of his game. He lobs up these high arching moon balls that just ache to be intercepted.

He seems like a nice, albeit boring, guy -- but I wouldn't want to watch him QBing my team again. Don't know a whole lot about your new OC, but unless he can provide Foles with consistently ideal circumstances, he will struggle.
koolaidluke
There is a big difference with Bradford though: we've never got to see him in a non dysfunctional offense and you can look on tape and see mind blowing, Peyton Manningesque accuracy.

Foles we have seen with good players around him and we have plenty of tape to show us just how mediocre he is. Foles is a totally known quantity, whereas Bradford is at least somewhat of an unknown.

I'm not too high on Bradford because I doubt he can stay healthy, but if he can stay healthy the potential for true greatness is there. Foles in contrast we already know for absolute certainty cannot stay healthy and even if he could (which he can't) he has no ability to be anything more than Andy Dalton.

I think the real reason the Rams traded for Foles is because Fischer knows his ass is fired if he doesn't make the playoffs this year so just hope Foles can have one more magical season and thereby buy him (Fischer) some time.
koolaidluke
Remember the uproar over the relatively innocuous Bissinger article last offseason? Even during the peak of McNabbism fans had no problem with people criticizing McNabb or commenting on his weird personality, but we were forbidden from saying anything even remotely critical about Holy Saint Nick. Chip Kelly, Lesean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin... fire away! But don't you dare ever say something bad about Nick Foles. I have never seen anything like it. All for a guy who has never done jack shit. What was also weird was that outside of Missinelli, the same local media that was always willing to criticize McNabb went all in on deifying Foles.

Foles' fans were so fanatical they would often cite his HIGH SCHOOL stats as evidence of his greatness. It was disgusting.

I agree with you that he seems like a good guy. Certainly he was a stand up guy and of course I admire the way he was a totally warrior on the field. I wish him success in St Louis I just know that he won't have much.

Nick Foles the man seems cool and Nick Foles the player was okay, but Nick Foles' fans were a special kind of repugnant. Midway through last season they had already alienated the majority of the rest of Eagles' fanbase.
max
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 22 2015, 04:32 PM) *
There is a big difference with Bradford though: we've never got to see him in a non dysfunctional offense and you can look on tape and see mind blowing, Peyton Manningesque accuracy.

Foles we have seen with good players around him and we have plenty of tape to show us just how mediocre he is. Foles is a totally known quantity, whereas Bradford is at least somewhat of an unknown.

I'm not too high on Bradford because I doubt he can stay healthy, but if he can stay healthy the potential for true greatness is there. Foles in contrast we already know for absolute certainty cannot stay healthy and even if he could (which he can't) he has no ability to be anything more than Andy Dalton.

I think the real reason the Rams traded for Foles is because Fischer knows his ass is fired if he doesn't make the playoffs this year so just hope Foles can have one more magical season and thereby buy him (Fischer) some time.

Not so sure about some of that

Bradford has never played two full seasons back to back in the last seven years going back to college days. If you are sure that Foles cannot stay healthy I can assure you that most Rams fans are even more sure that Bradford cannot stay healthy.

The only reason Fisher gave up on Bradford is his injury issues. It was reported as confirmed by Fisher that even if Bradford took the pay cut he would be traded. There is no way they could depend on Bradford staying on the field.

While there is some pressure on Fisher to win this year, most of it is self-imposed, and no one expects the owner Kroenke to fire Fisher especially with LA move on the horizon. Even the biggest Fisher critics concede that Fisher is safe for at least another year or two.

Bottom line is Fisher traded for Foles because he thinks the odds of Foles staying on the field are higher than Bradford staying on the field. And he needs a quarterback to bridge the gap until he gets his franchise quarterback in the draft, either this year or next year when they move to LA.
koolaidluke
Look, I agree that Bradford probably can't stay healthy. I personally would have traded him to Cleveland for the 19. But to me the ACLs are more bad luck than anything else, what is much more of a concern is the shoulder and the high ankle sprain. My guess is that if not for the ACLs he would have been knocked out of at least one of those two seasons with some type of soft tissue injury.

But Foles, all you have to do is look at him. He just *looks* fragile. Bradford can maybe stay healthy, even though he probably can't, but like I said, for Foles it is a sure thing. There is no maybe.

Also, again, Bradford throws the ball better than anybody I've ever seen outside of a young Peyton Manning, so the risk makes at least some sense because the upside is so high. With Foles there is no upside.

The Rams got fleeced. Just realized that was a pun.
nephillymike
QUOTE (max @ Mar 22 2015, 03:50 PM) *
Not so sure about some of that

Bradford has never played two full seasons back to back in the last seven years going back to college days. If you are sure that Foles cannot stay healthy I can assure you that most Rams fans are even more sure that Bradford cannot stay healthy.

The only reason Fisher gave up on Bradford is his injury issues. It was reported as confirmed by Fisher that even if Bradford took the pay cut he would be traded. There is no way they could depend on Bradford staying on the field.

While there is some pressure on Fisher to win this year, most of it is self-imposed, and no one expects the owner Kroenke to fire Fisher especially with LA move on the horizon. Even the biggest Fisher critics concede that Fisher is safe for at least another year or two.

Bottom line is Fisher traded for Foles because he thinks the odds of Foles staying on the field are higher than Bradford staying on the field. And he needs a quarterback to bridge the gap until he gets his franchise quarterback in the draft, either this year or next year when they move to LA.

How certain is the move to LA? Are you in ST Louis area and how are they taking it?
BirdsWinBaby
the Rams win in this trade

they had a mediocre QB who was likely going to get hurt and wasnt going to win anyway for $13m... and basically got the same guy back for less than $1m

Bradford wasnt going to take a paycut of $12m so they got the next best thing

its possible that the Rams really like Foles....but if they let him play without a new contract? the trade was nothing more than a salary dump
max
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 22 2015, 05:27 PM) *
How certain is the move to LA? Are you in ST Louis area and how are they taking it?

I'm actually in Connecticut, but I have close ties to the STL folks and follow the Rams extremely closely. The consensus among the STL media and STL fans is that the Rams are highly likely to be gone next season. There were some in denial until Kroenke unveiled his stadium plans in LA recently. The hardcore fans are taking it hard, but less than 33% of the people living in the STL area really care if they stay. The sports media doesn't want to lose an NFL franchise, and many of them said they would be just as happy if the Raiders moved to STL. They don't have much love for the Rams, per se, just want an NFL team. The city doesn't want to spend the money on keeping the Rams in STL, and there is a fight going on in the state over funding. But Kroenke has said nothing about wanting to stay in STL and just keeps making moves to support the LA move. There is new stuff even today. here...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_...os-angeles-area

And no one should have any misconceptions about Bradford durability. He is not any more rugged than Foles. As I said, Rich Gannon said on Sirius that Bradford has small bones and that he is very susceptible to getting hurt. He should have been a golfer, not an NFL QB. He's pretty good at it too.

If you have a chance go back and watch his last preseason game against Cleveland. Every time he got hit, it looked like he wasn't gonna get up. I held my breath every time he dropped back to pass. Then the final hit was a love tap, and he was gone for the season. I watched some of Foles on NFL replay, and I actually saw him break a tackle, that will never happen with Bradford. Not based on the last 6 years that I watched him. Hey, I wish him luck. I think its very sad that such a great kid with such arm talent can't hold up. But its the NFL not the PGA.
mcnabbulous
How are one's bone sizes determined?

If memory serves, Chip had his staff measuring QBs wrists during the combine. I would think that if it was a real issue, they would have considered it.

Or he doesn't plan on keeping Sam around.
max
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 22 2015, 06:23 PM) *

If memory serves, Chip had his staff measuring QBs wrists during the combine. I would think that if it was a real issue, they would have considered it.

Good question. I don't know how they do it. But I have heard that Bradford's were a concern. His hands aren't big either, less than 9.5 inches. Thats smaller than Foles from what I've read. And Braford had hand damage against the Eagles in the opener in 2011. They didn't think he'd be able to play against the Giants on MNF the following week but the nerve came around. Then a few weeks later the HAS got him. He tried to play with it, but made it worse and he was done for the season.

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 22 2015, 06:23 PM) *

thats how they do it...the wrist measurement determines your frame size. once its established that you have S/M/L bones that can help a DR determine what your ideal weight should be...among other things

i 6' guy with a smaller wrist might weigh less than the same size guy with a bigger wrsit, etc...

i think one of the guys here is a bodybuilder and thats the only people i ever heard mention frame size...they would know more
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (max @ Mar 22 2015, 05:31 PM) *
Good question. I don't know how they do it. But I have heard that Bradford's were a concern. His hands aren't big either, less than 9.5 inches. Thats smaller than Foles from what I've read. And Braford had hand damage against the Eagles in the opener in 2011. They didn't think he'd be able to play against the Giants on MNF the following week but the nerve came around. Then a few weeks later the HAS got him. He tried to play with it, but made it worse and he was done for the season.

Interesting. Chip has pretty strong opinions on QB hand size too. All these things indicate to me that he doesn't plan on keeping Bradford around. I guess we'll see.
max
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 22 2015, 06:36 PM) *
Interesting. Chip has pretty strong opinions on QB hand size too. All these things indicate to me that he doesn't plan on keeping Bradford around. I guess we'll see.

Based on what you and others have said, it seems to make more sense that he is using Bradford as trade bait. Everyone knows Cleveland is willing to give up #19 overall for Sam.

All I know is that if you don't draft a QB this year, the odds are extremely high that you'll be drafting one high next year. same for the Rams. Rumor has it that the Rams are high on Cook in 2016.
koolaidluke
Joe Montana, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Drew Brees and Michael Vick didn't have small bones? Also, I don't think small bones cause ACLs or high ankle sprains. The shoulder injury I'll admit could be size related, I don't know much about it.

Foles is a big, strong, tough guy, but just look at him. He looks so brittle.
koolaidluke
usually when people talk about frame size they are talking about wrist and ankle width. I have extremely small wrists and relatively small ankles and it really makes a huge difference.

Look at how even with pristine muscle building genetics and high doses of anabolic steroids, Frank Zane (6.5 inch wrists, 8 inch ankles) still looks extremely frail: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...-Frank_Zane.jpg

In contrast, look at the way John Grimek, who is of the same height, appears to just radiate power despite no steroids and much higher body fat: http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/9/...-grimek-big.jpg
samaroo
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 23 2015, 10:07 AM) *
usually when people talk about frame size they are talking about wrist and ankle width. I have extremely small wrists and relatively small ankles and it really makes a huge difference.

Look at how even with pristine muscle building genetics and high doses of anabolic steroids, Frank Zane (6.5 inch wrists, 8 inch ankles) still looks extremely frail: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...-Frank_Zane.jpg

In contrast, look at the way John Grimek, who is of the same height, appears to just radiate power despite no steroids and much higher body fat: http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/9/...-grimek-big.jpg

Interesting post...

...not that there's anything wrong with that. cool.gif
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (max @ Mar 22 2015, 03:18 PM) *
Thanks.

Now that you mention it, Bradford had the same problem in 2011. He was a mess mechanically too, and the start of 2012 it was still a problem, it took until the middle of the year before he got straightened out, though he was still inconsistent. He looked great against the Niners in SF, and stunk a few weeks later. The media in STL said the problem was due to battered QB syndrome, his accuracy was awful in 2011 and it was still a problem in 2012 against the Jets and Vikings. He was missing everything.

The consensus among Rams fans was that Bradford's was finally putting it all together in the Carolina game in 2013, his 4th year as a starter, when he got hurt.

Mechanically a mess? LOL you sound like a sore loser! His mechanics were never in question, nor is his God given ability.

If you want to talk about staying healthy then yeah, we can have that discussion but Foles has been a mess health-wise too, without Bradford's arm talents so GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Jeff Fisher just let go of his one and only chance at a franchise QB. Not everyone in Philly sees it yet only because of the obscurity in which the Rams play under...but they will soon enough.
Zero
I got smacked for saying it before, but I still think Bradford can be a stud in this offense IF he stays healthy.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 29 2015, 10:43 AM) *
I got smacked for saying it before, but I still think Bradford can be a stud in this offense IF he stays healthy.

He WILL be a stud in this or ANY offense IF he stays healthy. Bank it.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 29 2015, 11:43 PM) *

I think so too, but I'm not sure the "if" is big enough, because that it is a biggie.

QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Mar 30 2015, 01:51 AM) *
He WILL be a stud in this or ANY offense IF he stays healthy. Bank it.

I want your confidence.
samaroo
Dupe.

Go Eagles!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.