Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think this guy nails what Chip is thinking
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillyvoice.com/heres-how-eagle...marcus-mariota/

The mechanics make sense and we would have gone from #20 to #2 a lot cheaper than we thought we could.

It would fit with my belief that Chip is two moves ahead of us all and still wants Mariota.

Would you do this?

Assume like he does that the sweetener could be Boykin, Kendricks and a 1st or just Cox?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 19 2015, 12:11 PM) *

The mechanics make sense and we would have gone from #20 to #2 a lot cheaper than we thought we could.

It would fit with my belief that Chip is two moves ahead of us all and still wants Mariota.

Would you do this?

Assume like he does that the sweetener could be Boykin, Kendricks and a 1st or just Cox?

I'd be okay with Boykin going, we don't use him to his potential anyway. But I'd be real bummed if we let Kendricks go. Or Cox. Right now, the front 7 of our D is the strongest point of our team. I really wouldn't want to mess with that.

However, if Mariota turns out to be great, like Rogers great, than anyone is worth it, IMO.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 19 2015, 12:25 AM) *
I'd be okay with Boykin going, we don't use him to his potential anyway. But I'd be real bummed if we let Kendricks go. Or Cox. Right now, the front 7 of our D is the strongest point of our team. I really wouldn't want to mess with that.

However, if Mariota turns out to be great, like Rogers great, than anyone is worth it, IMO.

I agree with this.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 18 2015, 11:11 PM) *

Would you do this?

Mikey Miss had McManus on yesterday afternoon who laid out something like that without going into the player specifics. Listen here ...

I'm not a fan of getting rid of players like Cox and Kendricks at all. The defense needs too much work and those two are big parts and wouldn't be easy to replace. If Kelly does think of Bradford as a "chip" then trade him to Cleveland (maybe force them to give up 12 if we give them a Boykin type) getting him a WR and DB or QB with his first rounders. That would take '15 chances of winning it all off the table but could set them up for the long run.
koolaidluke
People are speculating based on a misunderstanding of what Chip wants. Chip doesn't want a mobile QB because the Eagles aren't running the Oregon offense. The Oregon offense was dependent on dominant running game and thus needed the option element. The Eagles, in contrast, are a pass based offense like most NFL teams and have a mediocre running game.

The offense the Eagles are the most similar too is the Manning Colts. That team couldn't run the ball for shit and Manning was a total statue and yet it was one of the most productive in NFL history.

Also, keep in mind that Chip has coached Mariota and knows first hand just how much the guy sucks. He is another Alex Smith except with a frailer build.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.