Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Patriots Sign... Bradley Fletcher?!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
I think it's fair to say most would agree our CBs were dreadful in coverage last season... and rightfully so both were released from the team this season to raucous applause...

Now one will be the starting CB for the reigning NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks

The other will possibly be the starting CB for the reigning Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots...

If these two teams see starting caliber talent in what many Eagles fans would consider trash maybe it's time to start looking at our Defensive Coordinator?

Let's also not forget how we all felt about Patrick Chung... who's now polishing his shiny new Super Bowl ring
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 18 2015, 01:28 PM) *
I think it's fair to say most would agree our CBs were dreadful in coverage last season... and rightfully so both were released from the team this season to raucous applause...

Now one will be the starting CB for the reigning NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks

The other will possibly be the starting CB for the reigning Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots...

If these two teams see starting caliber talent in what many Eagles fans would consider trash maybe it's time to start looking at our Defensive Coordinator?

Let's also not forget how we all felt about Patrick Chung... who's now polishing his shiny new Super Bowl ring

You still need the right fit no matter the talent level.
D Rock
Bradley Fletcher is a serviceable NFL corner. You just can't put him on an island against #1 receivers with no safety help which is what Billy did week after week.

So too, Chung is not the first safety to fail in Philly then go on to play well elsewhere. Demps is another example.
samaroo
Agreed. Scheme fit matters a lot. And before you trash Davis too hard, look what he's done with the front 7.
nephillymike
If Fletcher and Sconces play well, like Chung played well and earned an extension this year, then it absolutely is the coaching.

"I'll beat you with mines vs yoursin and I'll beat with yoursin vs mines"

That's the sign of coaching. We'll see how it plays out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.