Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just saw this on comcast. What do you take from this?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Jameis Winston has informed the NFL that he will not be attending the draft.

Anyone??
koolaidluke
It just doesn't make sense to me. The guy is a guaranteed top 5 pick and probably is going 1st overall? Why wouldn't he want to be there?
nephillymike
I think I know why but I'll keep it out there to see if anyone thinks the same
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2015, 10:55 AM) *
I think I know why but I'll keep it out there to see if anyone thinks the same

You think he'll slide? That's the only reason I can think why he wouldn't attend.

Or he's got a court date.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 16 2015, 09:34 PM) *
You think he'll slide? That's the only reason I can think why he wouldn't attend.

Or he's got a court date.

Yep.

If he knew he was the #1 pick, he would definitely be there.

If he wasn't sure he was the #1 pick, he probably wouldn't announce it yet that he wouldn't be there.

If he was sure he WASN'T the #1 pick, then it is a reason to forego the draft and avoid potential embarrassment.

Chip, George and Wheezie......................................

Movin' On Up !!!
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2015, 11:39 AM) *
Yep.

If he knew he was the #1 pick, he would definitely be there.

If he wasn't sure he was the #1 pick, he probably wouldn't announce it yet that he wouldn't be there.

If he was sure he WASN'T the #1 pick, then it is a reason to forego the draft and avoid potential embarrassment.

Chip, George and Wheezie......................................

Movin' On Up !!!

I hope we do move up. This offseason has been a real snooze-fest so far. I'm used to the Birds making some moves, y'know? It'd be nice to have something to talk about.
mcnabbulous
It makes me think more highly of him that he doesn't want to sit around and watch the draft. You would have to be mentally disturbed to enjoy that*.

*I basically watch all 7 rounds every year. I told my wife my biggest flaw when we first started dating was watching/enjoying the draft.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 17 2015, 12:17 PM) *
It makes me think more highly of him that he doesn't want to sit around and watch the draft. You would have to be mentally disturbed to enjoy that*.

*I basically watch all 7 rounds every year. I told my wife my biggest flaw when we first started dating was watching/enjoying the draft.

Also guilty, Your Honor. When I can.
Zero
I ain't buying. Can't convince me.

If that were the case, Eagles trading for #1, wouldn't it be announced. Why wait?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 17 2015, 04:52 AM) *
I ain't buying. Can't convince me.

If that were the case, Eagles trading for #1, wouldn't it be announced. Why wait?

Are you at least buying that Winston isn't the #1 pick?
Zero
Could be, but there's too much drama, mystery and conjecture this off season for me to believe most anything. Telling people he won't be there sure sounds like a rejection pout but who knows?
JeeQ
The media has shitted on him his entire college career why give them free ratings and interviews? I hope he is the #1 pick and celebrates it in his hometown with his family
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 17 2015, 06:33 AM) *
Could be, but there's too much drama, mystery and conjecture this off season for me to believe most anything. Telling people he won't be there sure sounds like a rejection pout but who knows?

Z,

You seem tired of the drama.

In a strange way, I'm looking for more drama. Chip has me hooked on drama. It gives me, the Eagles junkie, that juice I need to get me through another week before the draft.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 18 2015, 09:42 AM) *
Z,

In a strange way, I'm looking for more drama. Chip has me hooked on drama. It gives me, the Eagles junkie, that juice I need to get me through another week before the draft.

Reading this, I had a flashback to my wife's response when I question her about watching Real Housewives.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2015, 08:42 PM) *
Z,

Not at all but what you're referring to I'll call excitement.

What I mean by drama is all the certain conjecture by the pundits. If they're honest they would all realize they don't know shit but they all get their face in front of the camera/microphone and tell us what is sure to happen. Chip has elevated the unknown to nuclear level yet all the Hari Krishna sports mouths keep on chanting and people keep throwing coins in their cans.
Phits
Decided to bump this instead of starting a new thread.

Apparently, Marcus won't be attending the draft either
This means no bro hugs from Roger Goodell for either Mariota or Jameis Winston. Both said that being with family was more important. Winston's grandmother has type 2 diabetes and can't travel, while Mariota said that being at home in Hawaii was more important, both personally and culturally.

Linc
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 17 2015, 05:35 PM) *
The media has shitted on him his entire college career why give them free ratings and interviews? I hope he is the #1 pick and celebrates it in his hometown with his family

The media "shitted on him?"

You mean by reporting a rape charge? Fuck him.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 1 2015, 03:22 PM) *

Linc

Both are right that family is more important than being on TV.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 1 2015, 10:26 AM) *
The media "shitted on him?"

You mean by reporting a rape charge? Fuck him.

Also, who votes on the Heisman? 870 voters that are classified as "media."

Hmmm. What a turd sandwich he's been dealt. Poor guy.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 1 2015, 09:22 AM) *

Linc

Damn!!

I thought I was onto something!

We'll, I was hoping he was dropping, which would in turn make the QB "rush" drop lower.

I think you can put this theory to rest.

I'll go back to the drawing board to create more theories that bring MM to Philadelphia. sad.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 2 2015, 12:27 PM) *
Damn!!

I thought I was onto something!

We'll, I was hoping he was dropping, which would in turn make the QB "rush" drop lower.

I think you can put this theory to rest.

I'll go back to the drawing board to create more theories that bring MM to Philadelphia. sad.gif

Maybe nobody thinks any QB is good, so they'll both drop. Winston is first QB off the board at 17, and we trade back and get Mariota at 26 plus an extra 3rd! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.