Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tebow?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
VIA Twitter "@AdamSchefter: Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed."

"@EaglesInsider: Yes, we've added this one to the #Eagles Rumor Mill: http://t.co/WgJT7oqRVo http://t.co/0V1S0diMvX"

Don't get me wrong I love Tim for who he is and how he presents himself, but I have no idea as to why he would work out for us. Considering if we were to sign him, he would be the 3rd average quarterback we've retained or brought in this year while we should be focusing on working out WR's and Safetys. I really wonder why Chip is hosting him for a workout.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Mar 16 2015, 02:53 PM) *
VIA Twitter "@AdamSchefter: Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed."

"@EaglesInsider: Yes, we've added this one to the #Eagles Rumor Mill: http://t.co/WgJT7oqRVo http://t.co/0V1S0diMvX"

Don't get me wrong I love Tim for who he is and how he presents himself, but I have no idea as to why he would work out for us. Considering if we were to sign him, he would be the 3rd average quarterback we've retained or brought in this year while we should be focusing on working out WR's and Safetys. I really wonder why Chip is hosting him for a workout.

If Tebow were willing to give in on his obstinate "nothing but a quarterback" stance, I could see how a creative coach might find him interesting.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 16 2015, 04:43 PM) *
If Tebow were willing to give in on his obstinate "nothing but a quarterback" stance, I could see how a creative coach might find him interesting.

Agree. If he comes in to play O ... run, catch, occasional throws would keep the D on their toes.
Phits
According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Tim Tebow has left his workout in Philadelphia without signing a contract. Schefter says that the Eagles do not plan to sign him at this time.

No Tebow for us

**Phew**
JeeQ
Matt Leinhart & JaMarcus Russell are flying in tomorrow... fingers crossed everyone
nephillymike
My "Full of Shit" hope just lost some ground today.

Chalk one up for "Incompetent" sad.gif .
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2015, 09:44 AM) *
My "Full of Shit" hope just lost some ground today.

Chalk one up for "Incompetent" sad.gif .

Nothing of it (thank god!) It isn't surprising to me that a guy like Chip would look at anyone who's "versatile." Chip has his own drummer.

But I'm glad it's over!
HobbEs
You guys can't see the forest for the trees. Tebow was brought in to audition for a backup QB spot. Why? Because he's from the same mold as Marcus Mariota. He wasn't given a contract because we haven't acquired Mariota yet. Once we do it's goodbye Matt Barkley, hello Tim Tebow.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 17 2015, 06:36 AM) *
You guys can't see the forest for the trees. Tebow was brought in to audition for a backup QB spot. Why? Because he's from the same mold as Marcus Mariota. He wasn't given a contract because we haven't acquired Mariota yet. Once we do it's goodbye Matt Barkley, hello Tim Tebow.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway.

I'd be more than fine with that... Tebow has undeniable football ability and got a raw deal over his religious values... and one less USC QB makes the team automatically better
Birdman420
i'm imagining us in the same superbowl situation that seattle was in at the end of the game on the goal line. Tebow comes in and sneaks it up the gut, trucking a lineman in the process...Philly goes nuts!

I don't know, he's just as good/bad as sanchez is with a bit more upside on the quickness/speed. He's actually a proven winner especially in clutch situations.
Phits
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Mar 17 2015, 03:24 PM) *
I don't know, he's just as good/bad as sanchez is with a bit more upside on the quickness/speed. He's actually a proven winner especially in clutch situations.

Tim Tebow is a RB masquerading as a QB. He isn't as good as Sanchez. He may be the worst "QB" I have ever witnessed.
samaroo
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 17 2015, 10:36 PM) *
Because he's from the same mold as Marcus Mariota.

What?!?

QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Mar 18 2015, 05:24 AM) *
i'm imagining us in the same superbowl situation that seattle was in at the end of the game on the goal line. Tebow comes in and sneaks it up the gut, trucking a lineman in the process...Philly goes nuts!

Anyone who brings a Lombardi to Philly wins my undying adolation, with no caveats that I can think of. But Tebow is not like any QB, because he is not a QB.

QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 18 2015, 06:15 AM) *
Tim Tebow is a RB masquerading as a QB. He isn't as good as Sanchez. He may be the worst "QB" I have ever witnessed.

True, but he might be a decent H-back.
D Rock
Fuck Tim Phuquing TEBOW and all his phony ass Jebus Bull Shit!!!

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 17 2015, 05:49 PM) *
What?!?

Anyone who brings a Lombardi to Philly wins my undying adolation, with no caveats that I can think of. But Tebow is not like any QB, because he is not a QB.

True, but he might be a decent H-back.

i heard an interesting point on the radio from Sal Pal about Tebow at other positions....because he has always insisted that he is a QB he has never had to tackle anybody. word out of NE when he was released there was that he doesnt know how to tackle

thats fine for your 3rd string QB, but if you try to make him a backup RB, TE, etc....remember that those roster spots also play special teams. if the only thing Tebow does worse than throwing is tackling, you cant waste the roster spot on him
rumply
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 14m14 minutes ago
Sources with the Eagles say they are trying to trade Matt Barkley. If he is traded, I'm told there's an "80% chance" they'll sign Tim Tebow
samaroo
I keep hearing this 80% chance thing, too. I don't want Tebow on this team. I don't like him, but that's beside the point. I don't think he can help us win, I don't think he makes the team better, and I don't want the ensuing media frenzy that will follow him.

It took a while for the circus to leave town after we signed Vick. I want ESPN to talk about Philly because we're crushing all opponents on an inevitable SB run, not because our 3rd string QB is praying on the sideline.
nephillymike
Tebow can't throw.

Seems like a good guy.

I respect his faith.

But he can't throw.

What's he got a 47% career completion %?? Who does that?

No thank you.

samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 18 2015, 09:44 AM) *
Tebow can't throw.

Seems like a good guy.

I respect his faith.

But he can't throw.

What's he got a 47% career completion %?? Who does that?

No thank you.

You should check your facts before you start trashing somebody. Tim Tebow has the highest completion % and 3rd highest QBR of any fullback in NFL history. Respect!
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 18 2015, 01:31 AM) *
You should check your facts before you start trashing somebody. Tim Tebow has the highest completion % and 3rd highest QBR of any fullback in NFL history. Respect!

ohmy.gif laugh.gif
JeeQ
As if Philadelphia wasn't enough of a circus... get ready for Tebowmania!!!

Tim Tebow to the Eagles isnít dead yet.

Although the Eagles didnít sign Tebow after working him out this week, they still might, according to Dianna Marie Russini of NBC 4 in Washington. According to Russini, the decision will hinge on whether the Eagles can find a taker for Matt Barkley in a trade. If they can, they would likely sign Tebow to become the third quarterback on their depth chart, behind Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez.

Itís an interesting question whether the Eagles could find a taker for Barkley. On the one hand, Barkley hasnít played particularly well in limited action, with zero touchdown passes, four interceptions and a passer rating of 43.8. On the other hand, Barkley was once considered such a good prospect that when he decided to stay at USC for his senior season in 2012, people thought he might have been the first overall pick in the draft. All it takes is one NFL team to be enamored with his talent for the Eagles to get an offer.

And then Chip Kelly could sign Tebow. Although no one thinks Tebow would have any chance of beating out Bradford or Sanchez for the starting job, itís not unthinkable that Tebow could make the Eaglesí roster as a third-string quarterback. Most people around the NFL believe that Tebowís career is over, but Kelly doesnít think the way most people around the NFL think. He may be ready to give Tebow another chance.
Eyrie
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 17 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 14m14 minutes ago
Sources with the Eagles say they are trying to trade Matt Barkley. If he is traded, I'm told there's an "80% chance" they'll sign Tim Tebow

It's a bit early for an April Fool.
samaroo
I don't get to watch much SportsCenter here in Japan, but I'm assuming this story is pretty prominent on ESPN right now. They love them some Tebow! The only thing to make the story any bigger was if he was signing in Dallas!
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 18 2015, 12:31 AM) *

Bwah!

Good One!
nephillymike
I wonder what it was with Barkley.

Yeah he played poorly in those two appearances, but a lot of rookies do.

While he may not be starter material, I can't believe he won't make a serviceable #2 somewhere given his pedigree.

His arm was below average but not pop gun.

I didn't hear writers slam him for bad practices or anything.

I wonder if he just didn't put in the time.
samaroo
Yeah, I never really thought he got a good look in a game. He always seemed to come in under bad circumstances. Maybe the dude just blows, but I haven't seen enough of him to say he sucks forever. He looked lost in the games I saw, but a lot of rooks do.

Then again, I've never seen him practice or anything.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 18 2015, 07:56 PM) *
I wonder what it was with Barkley.

Yeah he played poorly in those two appearances, but a lot of rookies do.

While he may not be starter material, I can't believe he won't make a serviceable #2 somewhere given his pedigree.

His arm was below average but not pop gun.

I didn't hear writers slam him for bad practices or anything.

I wonder if he just didn't put in the time.

It's simple my friend...

He's a USC Quarterback...

USC QBs Since The Year 2000: Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, John David Booty, Mark Sanchez, Aaron Corp, and Matt Barkley
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.