Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The rumor that won't die
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...p-sam-bradford/

I don't know. Like I said, I hope Chip moves him, but man he would be cold blooded to do that.
samaroo
I don't really see it as being cold-blooded to move Bradford. For one, I think his "recruitment" of Murray is way overblown. He hadn't even unpacked his suitcase in his hotel when Murray was signed. What was he going to say?

Also, if Bradford being our quarterback was the deciding factor for Murray, that seems stupid. I don't get why that would matter, other than they might be friends. But I'm sure he had a bunch of friends in Dallas. These guys are pros, there's more important things than friends to these guys (i.e., money.)

Third, why would Bradford care? He's not inculcated in our team or anything, so being somewhere new is somewhere new. Whether it's here or Ten or wherever. I don't see how he could have built up any kind of nostalgia for Philly, he just got here!
Zero
I still think Kelly thinks Bradford, without injury is perfect for his offense.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 16 2015, 05:07 AM) *
I still think Kelly thinks Bradford, without injury is perfect for his offense.

Perfect, even without the mobility?
Zero
I don't remember Kelly ever saying that mobility was essential for his QB. I'm sure he thinks it's an advantage in any system. I think the important factor of "mobility" is the ability to move around in the pocket ... and durability sad.gif .
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 16 2015, 06:48 AM) *
I don't remember Kelly ever saying that mobility was essential for his QB.

The pundits all agree that a mobile QB is needed for Chips offense. The problem is that Chipper has been vocal about not needing a mobile QB. Good (quick) reads and accuracy and most importantly not to take sacks are the most valuable components to our offense. The positive yards mantra is what makes this offense tick
D Rock
Maybe he packages both Bradford and Murray for a move up on draft day?
koolaidluke
A mobile QB would be worthless in this O. Vick is as mobile as it gets and he was worse under Kelly than he was in Reid's offense.

What makes a good QB in this offense is the same thing that makes a good QB in any offense: getting the ball out quick, accuracy, not turning it over. If Bradford stays healthy the Eagles are going to the Superbowl.

Now the offense Chip ran at Oregon and NH, that required a mobile QB. But that offense would never work in the NFL and is not what the Eagles run.
JeeQ
Heard talk this morning that Mariota may not even be a 1st Round QB...

Some believe the only team where he truly fits is the Philadelphia Eagles and if you draft him you're going to end up with the next Johnny Manziel/Tim Tebow. A gimmick QB that only works under a certain offense

Have to say I love the way Mariota continues to sink lower and lower down the draft
GroundedBird
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 16 2015, 02:01 PM) *
Heard talk this morning that Mariota may not even be a 1st Round QB...

Some believe the only team where he truly fits is the Philadelphia Eagles and if you draft him you're going to end up with the next Johnny Manziel/Tim Tebow. A gimmick QB that only works under a certain offense

Have to say I love the way Mariota continues to sink lower and lower down the draft

That would be nice, but then what do you do with Bradford and Sanchez?
Eyrie
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 16 2015, 06:44 PM) *

Bradford only has one year on his deal, and Sanchez is strictly depth.

Mind you, we could always trade Bradford after the draft for a conditional 2016 1st/2nd if the Browns still want him, or even for a second this year.
JeeQ
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Mar 16 2015, 11:44 AM) *

Sanchez remains the league's highest paid backup and Bradford can either be traded or kept on his one-year prove it contract to compete with Mariota

ESPN also tweeted this out earlier with the Tebow news:

Playoff games won since 2011:

Tim Tebow - 1
Mark Sanchez - 0
Sam Bradford - 0
Philadelphia Eagles - 0

laugh.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 17 2015, 07:15 AM) *
Sanchez remains the league's highest paid backup and Bradford can either be traded or kept on his one-year prove it contract to compete with Mariota

ESPN also tweeted this out earlier with the Tebow news:

Playoff games won since 2011:

Tim Tebow - 1
Mark Sanchez - 0
Sam Bradford - 0
Philadelphia Eagles - 0

laugh.gif

Ouch.
Dreagon
You know, I almost hope you guys don't trade up for Mariota, simply because of the potential hilarity that could ensue in Washington.

The word is that Tampa Bay wants Winston, Tennessee wants to see what it has in Mettenberg and wants a pass rusher, Jacksonville has Bortles, and the Raiders have Carr.
That leaves Washington with a coach only one year into his contract and three QBs consisting of a first rounder who people are now dancing around the word "bust" to describe, a fourth rounder who was mediocre filling in for him, and a reject from the Cleveland Browns (Hey, we got one of those too!).

Gruden might want his "own guy" to bring up. The first trick will be convincing Snyder to accept that continuing with RGIII isn't going to work, and that this time he can have a blue chip QB for nothing more than the pick used to take him. This might be difficult because Snyder might view that as him tacitly admitting he committed a huge and costly screwup, and you know the Washington media will see it as exactly that. So that would be a bag of popcorns worth of entertainment right there.

But now we get to the "tub'o'popcorn and giant slushee special". RGIII is already a bit of a diva, and I can only imagine his response to suddenly having "the quarterback of the future" get announced and it ain't him. Complicating this, RGIII seems to have a small but extremely dedicated fanbase who keep insisting that he hasn't had a real chance yet and that one more year will show him for the superstar he really is. These people may go nuclear, and I can see RGIIIs dad (why is it always the Dad?) encouraging it and stirring the pot.

So if you guys don't get Mariota, you may get to console yourselves that it was a sacrifice for a greater cause.... a bigger clownshow in Snydervile.
Zero
Funny stuff, Dreagon. Clown shows in our nation's capitol are not a rarity and one more is always a good thing. jumpclap.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 17 2015, 01:06 AM) *
Funny stuff, Dreagon. Clown shows in our nation's capitol are not a rarity and one more is always a good thing. jumpclap.gif

Even if it does pale in comparison to that which is viewable in TexAss. Snyder, while a ginormous douche and a complete idiot, is still the lesser of two evils when in the same room as JERRUH!

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 16 2015, 06:48 AM) *
I don't remember Kelly ever saying that mobility was essential for his QB. I'm sure he thinks it's an advantage in any system. I think the important factor of "mobility" is the ability to move around in the pocket ... and durability sad.gif .

You don't use the read option if your QB can't be a legit threat to run the ball.

It's idiotic.

I'ts like having a short passing game when your QB can't hit a wide open BWest in the NFCCG for a huge gain on the last drive.

It's idiotic.

They'd be better off lining up in the I and going power dives.

Chip has a new slate per se now that he's moved on from Foles.

Don't settle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.