Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few ramblings on the Bradford/Mariota issue
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Since Chip is apparently on vacation and we haven't had any FA/trade/Cut news this weekend, I'd figure I'd throw a few things out there:

1. What do you see the chances of Chip trading Bradford before the start of the season?

I ask this because he came right out and said he wasn't a "chip" to be traded, that he brought him in to compete for the QB job. Also, he was a major force in recruiting Murray. It smells a little unethical if he would turn around and trade him IMO.

All that being said, I think he's full of shit, and I put the odds of Bradford being traded at 6 in 10.

Anyone?

2. Assume for a minute that Mariota drops down to 20. Do you draft him, even though you signed Sanchez to compete and traded for Bradford to compete and you will have numerous other needs? I do, as stupid as that might seem.

If he is available for a tradeup to #1 - #9, do you do it then with Bradford being part of the package to move up and the move up being as expensive as we have heard it would be at the various spots? I think I would go up to #6 -9 but not higher.
Zero
I don't think they draft Mariota ... period. IMO Chip's going with Bradford as long as he is healthy. Outside chance of taking Mariota if he's at 20 but I'm betting they play for a WR, then OG/OT, then maybe a QB to groom. If they can do a trade before the draft for a credible WR things change. Chip has never said he wants Mariota and he has said he likes Bradford. In fact, Bradford is the only QB he has really committed to that I remember.
EdgeKasey
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 15 2015, 09:07 PM) *
I don't think they draft Mariota ... period. IMO Chip's going with Bradford as long as he is healthy. Outside chance of taking Mariota if he's at 20 but I'm betting they play for a WR, then OG/OT, then maybe a QB to groom. If they can do a trade before the draft for a credible WR things change. Chip has never said he wants Mariota and he has said he likes Bradford. In fact, Bradford is the only QB he has really committed to that I remember.

I think he's got it right there.
GroundedBird
I think it's interesting that Kelly is off this week.

Perhaps this week will be used to determine the health of Bradford's knee.

I would imagine that the Eagles use the time between now and the draft to determine if Bradford is the long term solution.
Eyrie
I'd agree with Zero and EdgeKasey.

Who would Mariota throw the ball to, and who will be blocking for him?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.