Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All of Bradford's throws over 15 yards
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Sorry if already posted. I think he's damn impressive in this video. His receivers, on the other hand...not so much.

Zero
And this:
As Sam Bradford noted Wednesday, the scheme has similarities to what they ran at Oklahoma. Murray said he loves running from the spread and from the shotgun formation. The numbers seem to back that up: According to ESPN Stats and Information, Murray is second among free-agent running backs in yards-per-rush out of the shotgun over the last two seasons, behind only new backfield partner Ryan Mathews.
Bradford, Murray and Mathews fit Kelly's offense and Shady (though great) didn't. Bradford played in a spread in college and flourished under Shurmur. These players seem to fit what Kelly is trying to do.

There's still a lot of assumptions ... health, Maxwell isn't Sconces, Huff improves, OG, S but if those are answered with average results the team should be better than 2014. The offense is Kelly's strength so if he fixes the defense it's fair to expect the offense to be good. They may not be explosive like they were with Jackson and McCoy, but not many teams are.

The only disappointment I have so far is the loss of Maclin.
koolaidluke
Maclin wasn't worth the money he wanted.

The video posted when I saw it a couple of days ago is what made me a believer. I thought it was a highlight reel, but it is ALL his downfield throws. If he can stay healthy Bradford seriously will be a Peyton Manning calibre QB.

If Bradford stays healthy, I think the Eagles will win the Superbowl this year, and I'm not joking.
Zero
And maybe #3 Eagles QB, taking Barkley's place:
"I thought it started a little rough and I thought he was a little nervous. I thought he was staring down some routes," NFL analyst Mike Mayock said. "He threw them late and then when he tried to muscle it, the ball either dove or was behind the receiver...But that was early. I thought as he got more comfortable, he threw the ball better."

Mayock was not the only one concerned by Mariota's pro day, with one analyst predicting a tumble on drat night right into the arms of Eagles head coach Chip Kelly.

"I have a feeling, especially after this pro day, that Marcus Mariota will fall to No. 20 and Chip Kelly will get exactly what he wants," NFL Media analyst Curtis Conway said. "When I look at the teams that are drafting before the Eagles, I don't see a need at quarterback. They need things at different positions, and there's no way I would draft a quarterback who I think would have to sit for a couple of years."
HAHAHA ...
JeeQ
I remember saying Mariota could actually fall to us if his Pro Day isn't fantastic... Quite a few teams still view him as a "gimmick" QB... but please stop getting my hopes up Zero
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 13 2015, 08:26 AM) *
The video posted when I saw it a couple of days ago is what made me a believer. I thought it was a highlight reel, but it is ALL his downfield throws. If he can stay healthy Bradford seriously will be a Peyton Manning calibre QB.

If Bradford stays healthy, I think the Eagles will win the Superbowl this year, and I'm not joking.

As stated a few times, Bradford is the most accurate college QB I've ever seen. It's possible Peyton was more so, but I can't quite remember his tenure at Tennessee as vividly.

It's a big if whether the guy can stay healthy, but if he can, he has a chance to be an absolute star in our offense.
Eyrie
I'm warming to the idea of Bradford as our QB but I'm concerned about who he's throwing the ball to. Right now it's Mathews (one impressive rookie season) and two WRs who could make us nostalgic for Small and Johnson.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 13 2015, 02:22 PM) *
I'm warming to the idea of Bradford as our QB but I'm concerned about who he's throwing the ball to. Right now it's Mathews (one impressive rookie season) and two WRs who could make us nostalgic for Small and Johnson.

Nostalgic for Small Johnson? ohmy.gif
Zero
More perspective on Bradford:
Bradford's overall statistics are inferior to those of Foles, but the Eagles also considered environmental factors. Bradford played in three offensive systems over four years and only once had a Pro Bowl player on his offense. His most productive receiver was Brandon Gibson.
When Jaworski and Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians were asked before Friday's Maxwell Football Club awards about their evaluations of Bradford coming out of college, they had the same response: "Loved him."

"I had him as one of the highest-rated quarterbacks I've ever done," Arians said.
Here ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.