Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Chip had done this in year 1
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
But I think Howie stood in his way. So after two winning, but disappointing seasons with mostly Reid's players, the FO situation comes to a head and Kelly wins, Howie is out. So honestly, this is year 1 for Chip in my book. Gotta say the man has steel balls and given what I have seen since he's been here, he is probably still working dozens of contingencies as he remolds the team the way he wants to. Got to say it is entertaining, I hope his unconventional approach works and shakes up some of the old school concepts governing the league.
samaroo
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 13 2015, 09:06 AM) *
But I think Howie stood in his way. So after two winning, but disappointing seasons with mostly Reid's players, the FO situation comes to a head and Kelly wins, Howie is out. So honestly, this is year 1 for Chip in my book. Gotta say the man has steel balls and given what I have seen since he's been here, he is probably still working dozens of contingencies as he remolds the team the way he wants to. Got to say it is entertaining, I hope his unconventional approach works and shakes up some of the old school concepts governing the league.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but this might be the most truth ever spoken in 7 words.
JeeQ
The man is so confident about what he's doing when he speaks about it you almost feel foolish for questioning him...

Which is why if he's successful the gloating from him will be stupendous

If he's wrong the crash and burn is going to be... well... stupendous
Phits
Based on Reid's last season, most people expected Chip to come in and blow the team up. The league wasn't ready for his offense and we had a great year 1 under Chip. Year 2 was stagnant, even regressive. Most coaches would have carried the 10 wins and tried to build on it. Chipper said f*ck it! Let's tear it down and do it right....which is what he probably would have done had we repeated the 4-12 record of 2012.
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 09:26 AM) *
The man is so confident about what he's doing when he speaks about it you almost feel foolish for questioning him...

Which is why if he's successful the gloating from him will be stupendous

If he's wrong the crash and burn is going to be... well... stupendous

Yep! I would love to see his post-Super Bowl win gloat presser!!! It would have to be Ali-like, I would assume!
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 05:51 PM) *
Yep! I would love to see his post-Super Bowl win gloat presser!!! It would have to be Ali-like, I would assume!

I'm envisioning lots of finger guns and laser sounds
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 13 2015, 12:51 AM) *

I could live with that biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.