Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Official Ryan Matthews signs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
According to the Eagles twitter page:

Tweet
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 12 2015, 04:02 PM) *
According to the Eagles twitter page:

Tweet

Running back by committee. This will be the strength of the team if they get the OL set.
JeeQ
So... back to saying Murray + Matthews cost us more than Shady?
Zero
No we have to wait and see if the results are better.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 02:19 PM) *
No we have to wait and see if the results are better.

Just let me have my moment already...
JeeQ
On the day we traded Shady everyone mentioned how spending money on a RB was foolish... RBs were a dime a dozen... Why use cap space on RBs?

50+ Million In RB Contracts And A Few Days Later... laugh.gif

Chip Kelly: I Traded McCoy For Salary Cap Reasons

D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 09:23 PM) *
On the day we cut Shady everyone mentioned how spending money on a RB was foolish... RBs were a dime a dozen... Why use cap space on RBs?

50+ Million In RB Contracts And A Few Days Later... laugh.gif

Shady's cap hit in 2015?

12 Mill

Demarco's cap hit in 2015?

5.5 Mill

No brainer. Demarco fits our style better. Demarco has significantly fewer career touches. And we have Matthews and Sproles to spell.

No brainer.
JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 12 2015, 02:26 PM) *
Shady's cap hit in 2015?

12 Mill

Demarco's cap hit in 2015?

5.5 Mill

No brainer. Demarco fits our style better. Demarco has significantly fewer career touches. And we have Matthews and Sproles to spell.

No brainer.

McCoy has a 5.5Mill Cap Hit against Buffalo for 2015

McCoy's salary cap number in 2015, however, will be $5.5 million. That accounts for his base salary, workout bonus and prorated amount of his signing bonus ($2.625 million). That's nearly $5 million less than the $10.25 million he was scheduled to count against the Bills' cap under the terms of his old contract -- a key maneuver for the team to free up space to take into free agency, which begins Tuesday.

At this point it's:

Murray: 5.5M
Sproles: 4.5M
Polk: 1.5M

We'll have to see where Matthews turns up but I'm going to guess around the 2-3M range
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 09:32 PM) *
McCoy has a 5.5Mill Cap Hit against Buffalo for 2015

That's a very nice a....

You want a cookie?

His cap hit HERE was 12 Mill

NO BRAINER
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 05:17 PM) *
So... back to saying Murray + Matthews cost us more than Shady?

Alright enough already, you have no fucking idea how this will turn out, but if you do not see Murray as an upgrade over Shady you are just blind. He fits what Chip runs, and he and Mathews had the best running average coming out of the shotgun last year. You discount the addition of a young fast LB in the deal, but even without that, they got Murray for less than what Shady would have cost over the next two years. Add in Mathews and we have 3 RBs who can make plays, even if they shed Polk. BTW, Murray has 600+ fewer carries in his career than Shady...that's two full time seasons worth.

Just because Chip isn't doing what you like doesn't mean he is wrong, I can see why he likes Bradford too. If you were smart you would wait and see, if it blows up then vent, but if what Chip does succeeds you just end up looking like a moron with this doom and gloom act.
JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 12 2015, 03:01 PM) *
That's a very nice a....

You want a cookie?

NO BRAINER

Damn... I forgot about the rule that only Buffalo is allowed to restructure contracts... Good catch
JeeQ
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 12 2015, 03:24 PM) *
Alright enough already, you have no fucking idea how this will turn out, but if you do not see Murray as an upgrade over Shady you are just blind. He fits what Chip runs, and he and Mathews had the best running average coming out of the shotgun last year. You discount the addition of a young fast LB in the deal, but even without that, they got Murray for less than what Shady would have cost over the next two years. Add in Mathews and we have 3 RBs who can make plays, even if they shed Polk. BTW, Murray has 600+ fewer carries in his career than Shady...that's two full time seasons worth.

Just because Chip isn't doing what you like doesn't mean he is wrong, I can see why he likes Bradford too. If you were smart you would wait and see, if it blows up then vent, but if what Chip does succeeds you just end up looking like a moron with this doom and gloom act.

So... 12 wins this season, or no? I've got a free spot on the bus for you right next to D Rock
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 12 2015, 05:01 PM) *
That's a very nice a....

You want a cookie?

NO BRAINER

No D,

We could have restructured him to get his cap hit down. They've invested more in RB now than they did with Shady. How can you calculate this? Add up the guaranteed money. Way more now.

Sure Shady had a higher cap value for this year, put we could have restructured that all the way down to Murray range and not have had to pay as nearly as much guaranteed money.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 04:14 PM) *
No D,

We could have restructured him to get his cap hit down. They've invested more in RB now than they did with Shady. How can you calculate this? Add up the guaranteed money. Way more now.

Sure Shady had a higher cap value for this year, put we could have restructured that all the way down to Murray range and not have had to pay as nearly as much guaranteed money.

Thank You Mikey Numbers
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2015, 08:14 AM) *
No D,

Yes, we have spent more at RB than Shady's hit, but we have 2 more starting caliber RBs! Including the best RB last year.

I loved Shady, but you guys are making me think of a great Mark Twain quote:

"There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics."
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 06:14 PM) *

That's assuming he was willing to restructure. What we know with certainty is that his 2015 cap hit (as an Eagle) would have been $11.9 million. which is approx. the equivalent of the Murray and Matthews cap hit.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 12 2015, 05:21 PM) *
That's assuming he was willing to restructure. What we know with certainty is that his 2015 cap hit (as an Eagle) would have been $11.9 million. which is approx. the equivalent of the Murray and Matthews cap hit.

It's not so much why Murray, but why Mathews, and certainly why both? Murray/Sproles/Polk sounds damn fine to me and that 11.5M they gave to Mathews could have been used on a S or WR
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 10:20 AM) *
It's not so much why Murray, but why Mathews, and certainly why both? Murray/Sproles/Polk sounds damn fine to me and that 11.5M they gave to Mathews could have been used on a S or WR

What S or WR?
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 06:21 PM) *
What S or WR?

There's been one player I've wanted for this team since college and if Chip signs him I'll love him... Percy Harvin

Also another player on the table as well now... Dwayne Bowe

As far as safeties since we love players coming off torn ACL, I bet we could get Louis Delmas on the cheap

We should also give Stevie Brown, also coming off a torn ACL, and Kendrick Lewis a look
Pbfan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 08:21 PM) *
What S or WR?

I put it in another thread but they could have gotten Rahim Moore for about 13m for 3 years
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 01:23 PM) *
There's been one player I've wanted for this team since college and if Chip signs him I'll love him... Percy Harvin

As far as safeties since we love players coming off torn ACL, I bet we could get Louis Delmas on the cheap

We should also give Stevie Brown, also coming off a torn ACL, and Kendrick Lewis a look

Harvin is a playmaker, but he doesn't really fit the #culture or BPBULP* philosophy. Bowe is big, but that's about it. Delmas should be an upgrade.

BTW, I haven't seen one post commenting on Allen getting picked up by Oakland. DPOY candidate?

*- Big People Beat Up Little People
EdgeKasey
Ugh...I sure hope we don't bring in Bowe....I kept waiting for him to breakout out in KC, I don't think he will ever be as good as is expected of him.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 13 2015, 12:21 AM) *

Yup. That's the fact. The rest is speculation and hypothetical.
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 04:23 AM) *

Really? Percy Harvin? Head Case who hasn't done squat since 2012? Is it that he's so clearly been loved by all the teams that have known him best? Because it can't be the production.

Dwayne Bowe too. Hasn't dine SQUAT in years? How many TDs did grampa bowe have last year? You wanna sign HIM?

Wow. Just wow. And you complain about getting Murray, and Mathews?

I'll grant you we have a big hole in safety, but Delmas wasn't any good when healthy, and he's never healthy.
Zero
Apparently they're not showing interest in Parker either. Maybe they think their safety is already on the roster.
JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 12 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Really? Percy Harvin? Head Case who hasn't done squat since 2012? Is it that he's so clearly been loved by all the teams that have known him best? Because it can't be the production.

Dwayne Bowe too. Hasn't dine SQUAT in years? How many TDs did grampa bowe have last year? You wanna sign HIM?

Wow. Just wow. And you complain about getting Murray, and Mathews?

I'll grant you we have a big hole in safety, but Delmas wasn't any good when healthy, and he's never healthy.

How many TDs did Bradford score last season? How about Mathews? How many tackles did Kiko get last season?

Zero, because they were sitting on the bench injured as usual...

Cheap, High Risk Vs High Reward players we can all sign for the 2-3M range, and most are coming off injury and will sigh 1-year prove it contracts... I think I just nailed exactly what the Eagles are looking for

Percy is just looking for the right opportunity, Chip will know how to use him. When Percy was allowed to be himself the results are undeniable. He's 26, he was the ROTY, a First Team All-Pro, a Pro-Bowler, and Super Bowl Champion... No Chief WR scored a TD last season; occasionally it is the QB's fault. Plus I can't imagine why the Eagles would have a need for a man who built his career off being a Red Zone threat

I would take every single one of these players over Mathews in a heartbeat
D Rock
Being hurt is one thing. Being sent from team to team because nobody can stand the sight of you in the locker room is another.

Percy Phuquin Harvin?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 13 2015, 07:53 AM) *
Being hurt is one thing. Being sent from team to team because nobody can stand the sight of you in the locker room is another.

Percy Phuquin Harvin?

If he ends up signing with the Patriots over the Bills you're going to see a return to form... though that McCoy/Harvin combo sounds deadly in Buffalo
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 13 2015, 09:53 AM) *

Percy Phuquin Harvin?

I agree. You couldn't give that guy to me.

No thanks!
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 13 2015, 12:17 AM) *
Yup. That's the fact. The rest is speculation and hypothetical.

Shady said he would restructure but wouldn't take less money.

A simple conversion of salary to signing bonus would have chopped his cap figure way down.

Go by guaranteed money. That's how much you're on the hook for. The rest can be cut away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.