Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murray gets 42 mil over 5 years....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
according to PFT
Phits
$5.5 mil savings v. McCoy's renegotiated deal. So Kiko Alonso, Demarco Murray, and $5.5 million in savings in exchange for McCoy
D Rock
So that's McCoy for Demarco, Alonso, & half of Maxwell.

Not too shabby.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 12 2015, 03:58 PM) *
So that's McCoy for Demarco, Alonso, & half of Maxwell.

Not too shabby.

Now we can (officially) add Ryan Matthews to the list.
Pbfan
Yeah the problem with that is we could have gotten these FAs without any trade. We didn't need the cap room persay. Im not exactly sure how the mathematics works, but remember, we had ~$40m in cap room for 2015 before all the cuts.

Now if we had done the trade and then blown a good chunk of that money on Revis, I woulda been happy. With the salary cap, we really shouldn't be playing moneyball.
Eyrie
How much of that additional cap room will be used for Bradford's salary?

We had the cap room for Maxwell and Murray anyway.
Pbfan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2015, 06:23 PM) *
How much of that additional cap room will be used for Bradford's salary?

We had the cap room for Maxwell and Murray anyway.

It was like 10m a year for Bradford, right?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 12 2015, 11:30 PM) *

Rings a bell.

I'm expecting him to be renegotiated any way.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 12 2015, 04:30 PM) *

13 Million

Also McCoy's cap hit is 5.5M so I don't know where you guys are getting your information from. It's McCoy's 5.5M cap hit Vs Murray's 5.5M cap hit

So basically we traded Shady for Kiko since the cap hit remains completely the same after the DeMarco signing

JeeQ
Done Deal On Mathews

Eagles signed RB Ryan Mathews, formerly of the Chargers, to a three-year, $11.5 million contract.
Despite a pricey investment into DeMarco Murray, the Eagles kept Mathews at their facility and convinced him to stay, likely as the 1b to Murray's 1a. We don't see either addition affecting Darren Sproles; Sproles is a specialized role player who can't be replaced by Murray or Mathews. The Eagles are very likely planning to become a smashmouth power-based team whose foundation is the running game. Mathews has been brittle ( laugh.gif ) throughout his career, but is among the most naturally gifted inside runners in football. In Chip Kelly's high-volume, up-tempo offense, we wouldn't be surprised if Mathews carved out sporadic low-end RB2/flex fantasy value behind locked-in RB1 Murray. 32-year-old Sproles' usage shouldn't change much after a 97-touch season.

3 Years, 11.5 Million

53.5 Million spent on two RBs today

#DimeADozen
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 08:33 AM) *
13 Million

Also McCoy's cap hit is 5.5M so I don't know where you guys are getting your information from. It's McCoy's 5.5M cap hit Vs Murray's 5.5M cap hit

So basically we traded Shady for Kiko since the cap hit remains completely the same after the DeMarco signing

McCoy's cap hit is 5.5 in Buffalo, but it wasn't that here. I'm not sure what it was, but I think it was 12? Maybe I'm stupid.
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 04:57 PM) *
McCoy's cap hit is 5.5 in Buffalo, but it wasn't that here. I'm not sure what it was, but I think it was 12? Maybe I'm stupid.

It was... though it's clear Shady was willing to restructure as he did so in Buffalo without hesitation. Shady claims no one from the front office ever mentioned to him restructuring his contract... Much like DeSean Jackson he wasn't aware he was off the team until he saw it on the internet
mcnabbulous
Chip didn't want Shady. He wasn't his preferred style of runner. Why is this hard to understand?
Pbfan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 07:24 PM) *
Chip didn't want Shady. He wasn't his preferred style of runner. Why is this hard to understand?

I agree his justification for the move in the presser was bullshit, like most of his answers.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 07:17 PM) *
It was... though it's clear Shady was willing to restructure as he did so in Buffalo.

He signed a new deal that included an upfront payment of $13.25 million.

Pro Football Talk reports the deal contains a $13.125 million signing bonus that McCoy will collect immediately. The base salary for 2015 of $2.625 million is fully guaranteed, per PFT, and McCoy can also earn a $250,000 workout bonus, bringing his total 2015 compensation to $16 million.

McCoy's salary cap number in 2015, however, will be $5.5 million. That accounts for his base salary, workout bonus and prorated amount of his signing bonus ($2.625 million). That's nearly $5 million less than the $10.25 million he was scheduled to count against the Bills' cap under the terms of his old contract

2016: $4.8 million base salary, $250,000 workout bonus. Cap hit: $7.675 million.
2017: $6 million base salary, $250,000 workout bonus. Cap hit: $8.875 million.
2018: $6.075 million base salary, $250,000 workout bonus. Cap hit: $8.95 million.
2019: $6.175 million base salary, $250,000 workout bonus. Cap hit: $9.05 million.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 12 2015, 07:27 PM) *
I agree his justification for the move in the presser was bullshit, like most of his answers.

Why was it bullshit?
Pbfan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 08:42 PM) *
Why was it bullshit?

because they had the cap space. He didnt need to get rid of Shady in order to make room for others. he didnt get alonso and RBs for Shady. You can't link the two, it doesn't work like that.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 12 2015, 08:44 PM) *
because they had the cap space. He didnt need to get rid of Shady in order to make room for others. he didnt get alonso and RBs for Shady. You can't link the two, it doesn't work like that.

He was quoted today as stating that he wanted a one-cut, downhill runner. Shady's style didn't appeal to him. Which I stated a day or so ago.

You won't see nearly as many big plays from our offense this year and that's just the way Chip wants it. I expect us to run more total plays because we'll consistently have sustained drives. Fewer three and outs, fewer big runs, etc. We won't be controlling the clock, but we will control the game.
D Rock
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 12 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Yeah the problem with that is we could have gotten these FAs without any trade. We didn't need the cap room persay. Im not exactly sure how the mathematics works, but remember, we had ~$40m in cap room for 2015 before all the cuts.

Don't forget, we need to extend Cox, Kendricks, Thornton, and Ertz. That won't be cheap. But we would be wise to do it this offseason and not let them ever sniff the market.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 10:50 PM) *
He was quoted today as stating that he wanted a one-cut, downhill runner. Shady's style didn't appeal to him. Which I stated a day or so ago.

You won't see nearly as many big plays from our offense this year and that's just the way Chip wants it. I expect us to run more total plays because we'll consistently have sustained drives. Fewer three and outs, fewer big runs, etc. We won't be controlling the clock, but we will control the game.

I agree with all the offseason moves so far except for signing that piece of shit Matthews but I remain totally unconvinced the Eagles have the horses up front to effectively run the inside zone. Peters and Johnson can maul but Mathis, Kelce and Tobin/Gardner are frail girly men who can't get any push in line. The Eagles only got a mediocre 4.2 ypc last season and I don't anticipate them being any more effective on the ground this year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 13 2015, 02:18 AM) *
I agree with all the offseason moves so far except for signing that piece of shit Matthews but I remain totally unconvinced the Eagles have the horses up front to effectively run the inside zone. Peters and Johnson can maul but Mathis, Kelce and Tobin/Gardner are frail girly men who can't get any push in line. The Eagles only got a mediocre 4.2 ypc last season and I don't anticipate them being any more effective on the ground this year.

Our ground game is going to destroy this season.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 13 2015, 10:22 AM) *

Well the Eagles can't block the inside zone and they don't have a back than can run the outside zone so I'm thinking 4.2 ypc again.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 13 2015, 10:22 AM) *

Well the Eagles can't block the inside zone and they don't have a back than can run the outside zone so I'm thinking 4.2 ypc again.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 13 2015, 12:24 AM) *

It's not. I just think that we didn't get full value.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 13 2015, 03:22 PM) *

If we can find a RG and don't lose our star LG because he's ageing and expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.