Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Read re: Bradford
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
click
Phits
As a rookie, Bradford played with Steven Jackson during his prime. Jackson had over 1,200 rushing yards, but the Rams running game as a whole ranked 31st in DVOA, a Football Outsiders metric that measures efficiency on a snap-by-snap basis. Even at that stage, the Rams passing game was better than the running game.

During his first three seasons, the Rams running game ranked 31st, 28th and 19th in DVOA. When it ranked 19th in 2012, the passing game ranked 17th even though Bradford's receiving options were Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson, Chris Givens, Lance Kendricks and Austin Pettis.

Bradford is a smart quarterback with an understanding of how to work from the pocket and the arm talent to make every necessary throw consistently. He simply hasn't ever been given enough help to be more productive in the NFL.

This certainly gives some perspective that I am certain most of us weren't aware of.
Eyrie
I'm not convinced he's going to have the supporting cast to be a success in Philadelphia either. His top three WRs will be Matthews (good rookie season), Cooper (enough said) and Huff (no idea), so he's going to have to rely on his TEs Ertz and Celek.

Bradford will benefit from two strong RBs, but they're going to have the same problem that faces Bradford - an OL with two holes at G if Mathis is traded (and what value is there in a 33 year old G compared to keeping him?)
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2015, 06:07 PM) *
I'm not convinced he's going to have the supporting cast to be a success in Philadelphia either. His top three WRs will be Matthews (good rookie season), Cooper (enough said) and Huff (no idea), so he's going to have to rely on his TEs Ertz and Celek.

Bradford will benefit from two strong RBs, but they're going to have the same problem that faces Bradford - an OL with two holes at G if Mathis is traded (and what value is there in a 33 year old G compared to keeping him?)

Now we can see that doom and gloom has a passport. Cooper had a good season followed by a bad season and he's "enough said" status. The combine is a little over two weeks past and FA is only two days old and we're doomed. We traded the top Eagles RB ever for two potential very good + starters, signed two pro bowl RBs and a potential franchise QB and we're doomed.

I've been an Eagle fan for longer than I can remember so I get the angst, but GEEZ this is nuts! I know, the Eagles will be good when tents fly. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.