Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Looking To Trade OG Evan Mathis
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have contacted the Eagles about OG Evan Mathis.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams are also believed to be in the running. Both teams have gaping holes at guard, so it's not a surprise. CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bills, Vikings and "possibly even Saints" are also "sniffing around" on one of the league's premier guards.

If you thought DeMarco Murray’s arrival would start to calm things down in Philadelphia, it looks like you’re wrong.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team is now working to trade left guard Evan Mathis.

Mathis, who turns 34 in November, missed seven games in 2014 because of a knee injury but played at the high level the Eagles were accustomed to seeing when he was healthy. Mathis is set to make $5.5 million in 2015 and $6 million in 2016 in the final two years of the deal he signed with the Eagles in 2012, numbers that should make him appealing to teams that aren’t put off by his age.

Right guard Todd Herremans was cut last month, breaking up an offensive line that was a major strength when the Eagles won the NFC East in 2013. Mathis’s departure would move them even further away from that group as well as Chip Kelly puts together a team that looks less and less like the one he inherited with every passing day.

Can you smell the failure in the air tonight? Another Pro-Bowler about to be shipped off...

Jason Peters... start packing those bags
Eyrie
So who is left from two years ago?

And if I'm Bradford or Murray I'm wondering who exactly is going to be blocking for me.
JeeQ
Update:
The Philadelphia Daily News' Les Bowen reports a trade of Evan Mathis is "indeed close."
The team trading for Mathis is unclear at this time. The Dolphins have been rumored as having interest, although Miami beat writers have thrown some cold water on that. The Rams are also believed to be in the running for Mathis.
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 01:53 PM) *
Can you smell the failure in the air tonight? Another Pro-Bowler about to be shipped off...

BTW, your laughter is obviously at yourself. Teams contact the Eagles for a player and you read the same thing you have with every move .... F A I L U R E ! You're programmed, dude. You think you know but then admit you don't know. Then you scream fuckup!

We don't know what's happening and THAT doesn't necessarily equal failure! We have to wait for it. Breath.
nephillymike
McCoy
Maclin
Mathis
Foles.

Don't forget to trade Kelce too.

With those clowns we had as backup OL last year, it amazes me they would even consider it.

If I'm Jason Peters, I go into Chip's office and say that I've found another way to save cap room.

Trade me!!

It's got to be incredibly frustrating to those guys who thought we were so close to see all of this.
Zero
It's only the second day of FA! This has been going on since Saturday. Unbelievable Harry.
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 01:53 PM) *

Looksl ike NE is the trade partner. Unclear on what we'd be getting in return. I'd guess a 4th rd pick.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 02:00 PM) *
BTW, your laughter is obviously at yourself. Teams contact the Eagles for a player and you read the same thing you have with every move .... F A I L U R E ! You're programmed, dude. You think you know but then admit you don't know. Then you scream fuckup!

We don't know what's happening and THAT doesn't necessarily equal failure! We have to wait for it. Breath.

Your right... I don't know why I can't see the positives in getting rid of our 2nd Best OG and 2x Pro-Bowler in the same season we have a brand new QB and RB and got rid of our #1 WR

Especially when we might be getting a 3rd or 4th RD pick in exchange... I'm salivating over here.. with that kind of pick we could end up with another solid player from the University Of Oregon like Josh Huff!
Pbfan
Can't wait to see what RB we get!
JeeQ
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 12 2015, 04:41 PM) *
Can't wait to see what RB we get!

When someone told Chip Kelly RBs were a dime a dozen I didn't think he'd actually go out and sign a dozen RBs
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 06:25 PM) *
It's got to be incredibly frustrating to those guys who thought we were so close to see all of this.

How so?
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 08:42 AM) *
When someone told Chip Kelly RBs were a dime a dozen I didn't think he'd actually go out and sign a dozen RBs

Now that shit is funny! laugh.gif

I am totally just along for the ride! No expectations, just pure entertainment. Now I get why my wife watches reality TV!!! This is awesome!!!
JeeQ
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 05:41 PM) *
Now that shit is funny! laugh.gif

I am totally just along for the ride! No expectations, just pure entertainment. Now I get why my wife watches reality TV!!! This is awesome!!!

I'm hoping it's all secretly a ploy to get Mariota... he's got a trade in the works with Bradford... because he really is a genius

He's doing all this crazy shit to get the media off the Mariota trail then right when everyone least suspects it... Boom... Mariota
samaroo
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 13 2015, 09:45 AM) *
I'm hoping it's all secretly a ploy to get Mariota... he's got a trade in the works with Bradford... because he really is a genius

He's doing all this crazy shit to get the media off the Mariota trail then right when everyone least suspects it... Boom... Mariota

Yeah, everyone has smokescreens in the offseason. The only way to really have nobody else know what you're up to is to be batshit insane! He's gotta have every other team on their heels in a trade talk because they don't know what's gonna come flying out of his mouth. It's a great negotiating tactic. The secret power of crazy!
Pbfan
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 07:58 PM) *
Yeah, everyone has smokescreens in the offseason. The only way to really have nobody else know what you're up to is to be batshit insane! He's gotta have every other team on their heels in a trade talk because they don't know what's gonna come flying out of his mouth. It's a great negotiating tactic. The secret power of crazy!

until we go 4-12 next season...

I dont think it'll happen, but I just get the feeling all this could turn sour real quick.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 12 2015, 07:15 PM) *
How so?

We had a 10-6 team last year and if not for a difference in scheduling between us an Dallas, we get to 11-5 and get into the playoffs despite having a slew of injuries including playing with a backup QB.

We had a woeful defense and a shit load of cap money even before cuts.

I could see how everyone on that team's expectations were for us to make some moves to improve the D, get everyone healthy and go for it, even if we went after Mariota.

While they have filled some good spots on D, they created needs at WR and RB and may do that at OG by ridding us of the two starting OG's, one a All Pro. This is despite the backups at WR and OG having shown how woeful inadequate they are.

They put up with Chip's science and all that goes into it or two years.

I think people are feeling it a little bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.