Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DeMarco Murray will sign with Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Linc ...

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: DeMarco Murray, en route now to Philly, is expected to sign with Eagles, per source.
mcnabbulous
Better one-cut, north/south runner than Shady. Obviously that's what Chip wants. Have major worries about those legs after a 400 carry season. That usually doesn't end well.

I'd actually love to see Mathews still signed (although I don't expect it) and the them go:
Murray: 200
Mathews: 150
Sproles: 50

Zero
Not sure why Matthews didn't sign today, but this could have something to do with it:
According to former Eagles scout John Middlekauff, it might not come down to one or the other. It could be both.

"I've been told from multiple people the Eagles trying to sign Murray has no impact on signing Ryan Mathews. Chip wants them both."

Adam Schefter mentioned this possibility yesterday as well. Shortly after Mathews reportedly agreed to terms with Philadelphia, ESPN reported that the Eagles were "very much" in play for Murray, despite the fact Mathews already agreed to sign. As Schefter said:

"Landing Ryan Mathews does not end Philadelphia's pursuit of Dallas free-agent RB DeMarco Murray. Hardly."
Linc ...
BirdsWinBaby
SI. Is reporting its 5yrs at $42 million

They gave this guy $8m+ a year?

Wow
JeeQ
Eagles agreed to terms with RB DeMarco Murray on a five-year, $42 million contract.
The deal includes $21 million guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8.4 million. It's what Murray has been looking for all along, and what Dallas was unwilling/unable to pay. Free agent Ryan Mathews, who was on the verge of signing on the dotted line, now heads back to the open market. Detractors and skeptics will argue that Murray's breakout 2014 was a product of Dallas' dominant offensive line, but Philadelphia's is arguably just as good. Murray was also quite productive before 2014, averaging 4.94 yards per carry. Murray is a more north-south runner than LeSean McCoy, but his 497 2014 touches are a valid concern, as is Murray's injury history. That being said, his ceiling is through the roof in Chip Kelly's offense, even if he'll be catching fewer passes. Dallas will now move forward with Joseph Randle, Lance Dunbar and likely a draft pick.

Hate everything about this fucking signing.. I fucking hate it
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 01:51 PM) *
Knew Murray + Matthews would end up costing us way more than Shady...

Find a way to get rid of Matthews NOW

Mathews hasn't signed.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 11:55 AM) *
Mathews hasn't signed.

Saw that... still hate this fucking signing

The Dallas Cowboys and every other team in the NFL thought he wasn't worth the money he was asking for... but the Eagles did
JeeQ
Oh, and Dre, congratulations on the Cowboys signing Adrian Peterson... Can't wait to see him twice a season
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 02:07 PM) *
Oh, and Dre, congratulations on the Cowboys signing Adrian Peterson... Can't wait to see him twice a season

I'm not a fan of spending big $$ on premium RB's, but Alonzo and Murray for the price of McCoy (never mind the fact that Kiko is still on his rookie deal). If Matthews ends up signing, we have a legitimate 3-headed monster. Yet you find a reason to complain.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 12 2015, 12:45 PM) *
I'm not a fan of spending big $$ on premium RB's, but Alonzo and Murray for the price of McCoy (never mind the fact that Kiko is still on his rookie deal). If Matthews ends up signing, we have a legitimate 3-headed monster. Yet you find a reason to complain.

I don't think it's going to translate to wins...

If you ask me right now do I think the Eagles will make the playoffs this year... my answer is a resounding NO

We still have time though... but right now this looks like a worse team then last season

Bradford/Cooper/Murray

Romo/Dez/Randle(Peterson?)

Eli/Odell/Jennings

RG3/DJax/Morris

Still easily the bottom set of skill players in the NFC:East. Worst QB of the 4, Worst WR of the 4, and we'll see how many yards Murray picks up with no Big Todd or Mathis lining up
Dreagon
I hope not, because while I think a lot of backs can do well behind our line...Murray not only has exceptional yardage after first contact but he's a decent blocker as well.
mcnabbulous
Eagles win 12 games next year. I'm doubling down.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 01:16 PM) *

Now that's a Chip Kelly level of confidence you got going there

We haven't had a 12 win season since McNabb took us to the Super Bowl in 2004
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 03:11 PM) *
I don't think it's going to translate to wins...

If you ask me right now do I think the Eagles will make the playoffs this year... my answer is a resounding NO

We still have time though... but right now this looks like a worse team then last season

Bradford/Cooper/Murray

Romo/Dez/Peterson

Eli/Odell/Vereen

RG3/DJax/Morris

Still easily the bottom set of skill players in the NFC:East. Worst QB of the 4, Worst WR of the 4, and we'll see how many yards Murray picks up with no Big Todd or Mathis lining up

What was Washington's record with RG3/DJax/Morris?
When did Peterson sign with the Cowboys? Also, Cowboys lost Murray, Durant, Carter, D.Harris, S.Moore, Parnell and possibly A. Spencer.
Why would you have Cooper as the #1 WR option for us? Matthews had 850+ receiving yards in his rookie season.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 03:16 PM) *

I'm feeling it too.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 12 2015, 01:28 PM) *
I'm feeling it too.

So both you and mcnabbulous think this team is going to be just as good as our 2004 Super Bowl team... quoting for disbelief
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 03:32 PM) *
So both you and mcnabbulous think this team is going to be just as good as our 2004 Super Bowl team... quoting for disbelief

Here let me try: Before the meltdown last season, we were on pace for 12+ wins. Were the 2014 Eagles (with Sanchez as a starter) better than the 2004 NFC Championship team?

There is no correlation between the 2 teams (2004 & 2015), other than the team name and owner.

JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 12 2015, 01:42 PM) *
Here let me try: Before the meltdown last season, we were on pace for 12+ wins. Were the 2014 Eagles (with Sanchez as a starter) better than the 2004 NFC Championship team?

There is no correlation between the 2 teams (2004 & 2015), other than the team name and owner.

There's a huge difference between 12 wins and on pace for 12 wins...

But just incase we decide to start breaking down every detail...

You are saying The Eagles will get 12 wins this season, period. We'll just leave it at that, no comparisons
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 03:32 PM) *

Our 2004 SB team went 13-3. They would have gone 15-1 if they didn't call of the dogs the final two games of the season. How is that comparable to me saying we'll win 12 games this year?
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 01:46 PM) *
Our 2004 SB team went 13-3. They would have gone 15-1 if they didn't call of the dogs the final two games of the season. How is that comparable to me saying we'll win 12 games this year?

I wasn't comparing the team so much as the win total. We haven't had a 12 win season since 2004, and you think we're going to have a 12 win season in 2015... I hope you're right
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 03:48 PM) *
I wasn't comparing the team so much as the win total. We haven't had a 12 win season since 2004, and you think we're going to have a 12 win season in 2015... I hope you're right

I think our team is better than 2013 and 2014. That is what I'm basing this on.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 09:15 PM) *
I think our team is better than 2013 and 2014. That is what I'm basing this on.

Our defence will be, but I'm not convinced about our offense.

Foles vs Bradford is evens.
McCoy vs Murray is evens only if Murray is healthy.
Maclin/Cooper/Mathews vs Cooper/Mathews/Huff is a big loss.
Herremans/Mathis vs Tobin/Gardner is a big loss.

Still need to fix S and OLB as well as WR and both G spots, yet the FA pickings are now very slim and we won't get five starters in the draft.
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 13 2015, 08:16 AM) *
Still need to fix S and OLB as well as WR and both G spots, yet the FA pickings are now very slim and we won't get five starters in the draft.

I think we need OLB depth, but our starters there look pretty good. And this will sound stupid, but the more I think about it, the more okay I am with our WR's. Matthews could be really good-great. Huff could be, too, if he stops making stupid plays. Cooper blows, but he's like an OL out there, so that's good. And he usually comes down with a tough grab when we need it. Or he used to. I think our passing game will be more of the short stuff, and of course the packaged plays.

It's nice to have a DJax taking the lid off, but our style of O can hide flaws at WR, I think. But I don't think we'd do well with a crap OL (duh!) or a crap RB who can't get some tough yards.

My biggest concern right now is OG, especially if Mathis goes. That could be really bad.
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 12 2015, 11:52 PM) *
My biggest concern right now is OG, especially if Mathis goes. That could be really bad.

Offense starts with the big uglies up front, and all we have is a gaping hole with a rumoured second hole looming.
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 14 2015, 03:58 AM) *
Offense starts with the big uglies up front, and all we have is a gaping hole with a rumoured second hole looming.

Yeah, that rumor scares me more than any thing else this off-season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.