Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man oh Man I hope Chip is Full Of Shit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Because if he didn't lie to us all in that press conference about not wanting to trade up for Mariota, then instead of being full of shit, he's incompetent and arrogant and that is one nasty combo.

Also, if he was not lying about a team offering a 1st round pick for Bradford, then he is incompetent because any time someone offers you a @#$% 1st round pick for a guy with a career passer rating of 79 and a career winning % of under .400, with a 13M cap number coming off two back to back ACL's who is still not healthy enough to play by mini camps, you would be incredibly stupid not to take that deal.

I'm praying for full of shit..............................
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 11:54 AM) *
Because if he didn't lie to us all in that press conference about not wanting to trade up for Mariota, then instead of being full of shit, he's incompetent and arrogant and that is one nasty combo.

Also, if he was not lying about a team offering a 1st round pick for Bradford, then he is incompetent because any time someone offers you a @#$% 1st round pick for a guy with a career passer rating of 79 and a career winning % of under .400, with a 13M cap number coming off two back to back ACL's who is still not healthy enough to play by mini camps, you would be incredibly stupid not to take that deal.

I think it was a real offer, like that ghost in 3 Men and a Baby. Also, I don't think he'll trade unless it's the right 1st round pick.
Zero
I think he and Shurmer believe Bradford is a great talent that has been mishandled. The only thing, and it's a big thing against Bradford in that light is the injuries. They're gambling the knees were a fluke. They want Ryans back. Look at all the M*A*S*H players they've gotten. They've got to have a lot of faith in their sports medicine.

Bradford was very successful when Shurmer was his OC. If he's healthy I'm betting he'll be a stud for them.

The bigger question for me is if they have Matthews and Sproles why go for Murray? If those three agree to a rotation, that can be a pretty dangerous running game that should help keep Bradford clean.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 06:01 AM) *
Bradford was very successful when Shurmer was his OC. If he's healthy I'm betting he'll be a stud for them.

"Very successful" and "stud" is overstating things IMO.

with Shurmur and a top-10 RB, Bradford led the 2010 Rams to a 7-9 record. During all that success he beat a team that finished with a winning record....one time

Now we are getting him 5yrs, 2 ACL surgeries and 1 high ankle sprain later
JeeQ
Just wait until Marcus Mariota gets drafted by the Redskins and is throwing bullets to DeSean Jackson against us twice a season

"With The 5th Selection In The Draft... The Washington Redskins Select... Marcus Mariota"

They were supposed to draft defense but signed all their needs in FA leaving them free to draft a future franchise QB... that shit is going to burn the souls of Eagle's fan so slowly
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 09:40 AM) *
Just wait until Marcus Mariota gets drafted by the Redskins and is throwing bullets to DeSean Jackson against us twice a season

"With The 5th Selection In The Draft... The Washington Redskins Select... Marcus Mariota"

They were supposed to draft defense but signed all their needs in FA leaving them free to draft a future franchise QB... that shit is going to burn the souls of Eagle's fan so slowly

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dude, you need either booze or Prozac.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 05:01 AM) *
The bigger question for me is if they have Matthews and Sproles why go for Murray? If those three agree to a rotation, that can be a pretty dangerous running game that should help keep Bradford clean.

I think you answered your own question.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 08:10 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dude, you need either booze or Prozac.

At this point I'm just laughing my ass off... you honestly have to. Chip has turned the Eagles into a circus this offseason... we're the most talked about team in the NFL
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 02:54 AM) *

The problem is who plays QB if you make that deal.

Unless you can turn those two firsts, together with more picks (this year's second or our 2016 first?) then we have no chance at Mariota, which means that our starting QB would be Sanchez. I don't mind him as a back up, but I don't like the thought of him starting for 16 games.
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 02:00 PM) *
At this point I'm just laughing my ass off... you honestly have to. Chip has turned the Eagles into a circus this offseason... we're the most talked about team in the NFL

Where's the problem if they win?
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 01:00 PM) *
Where's the problem if they win?

I think every Eagles fan is in agreement that we want to win... the problem is a lot of us don't feel these moves translate to wins... though neither side can say for sure yet
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 03:06 PM) *
I think every Eagles fan is in agreement that we want to win... the problem is a lot of us don't feel these moves translate to wins... though neither side can say for sure yet

It's the last line that is most important, IMO. Why not fucking enjoy the activity and wait to be miserable until they suck?
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 01:39 PM) *
It's the last line that is most important, IMO. Why not fucking enjoy the activity and wait to be miserable until they suck?

I'm enjoying it immensely... I've never laughed so hard at my team before

This has been the craziest offseason; I can never remember it being so much fun... even the sports analyst and experts have looked at the Eagles moves and said "Fuck It" laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2015, 02:55 PM) *
The problem is who plays QB if you make that deal.

Unless you can turn those two firsts, together with more picks (this year's second or our 2016 first?) then we have no chance at Mariota, which means that our starting QB would be Sanchez. I don't mind him as a back up, but I don't like the thought of him starting for 16 games.

The assumption was that we'd go get Mariota and use that pick as a big part of the deal.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 11:18 PM) *
The assumption was that we'd go get Mariota and use that pick as a big part of the deal.

But why wouldn't our anonymous caller simply offer that first direct to the Rams for Bradford and miss out the middle man?

Indeed, if that first is higher than our own then the bidder could have offered the Rams a second or even third this year with a similar conditional pick next year. They'd keep their first and get Bradford whilst the Rams would get the cap space.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2015, 06:28 PM) *
But why wouldn't our anonymous caller simply offer that first direct to the Rams for Bradford and miss out the middle man?

Indeed, if that first is higher than our own then the bidder could have offered the Rams a second or even third this year with a similar conditional pick next year. They'd keep their first and get Bradford whilst the Rams would get the cap space.

Perhaps it is a combination of picks and players
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 12 2015, 06:28 PM) *

The Rams wanted Foles.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2015, 01:33 AM) *
The Rams wanted Foles.

They would say that now. But let's suppose we'd just traded Foles for their second round pick - we'd think we had received reasonable value despite the hole that would create at QB.

That's from someone who was supportive of Foles last year, although I did state that I didn't expect him to repeat 2013. I don't think any of us saw just how poorly he would play however.

I don't believe Foles is worth a first, which is what the trade for Bradford implies if the claim that we were offered a first for Bradford is true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.