Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murray coming to the Eagles Thursday for a Visit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/308...es-headquarters

The circus continues!!!

Send in the fat lady to sing.

I can't take it anymore!!!

Now other than increasing the money the 'Girls would have to pay him, why the heck bring him in AFTER you just signed Matthews to a 3 yr 12.5M deal??

What's Chip gonna buy next?

Park Place?
Boardwalk?

At least it's not boring.

SLOiggles
I just don't see how it's possible. Given LeSean McCoy's contract with the Bills, Murray will surely be looking to surpass those numbers. And given the deals with Maxwell and Mathews (although I've read conflicting reports whether that's truly official), I don't see how the cap space will allow it.

nephillymike
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Mar 11 2015, 10:09 PM) *
I just don't see how it's possible. Given LeSean McCoy's contract with the Bills, Murray will surely be looking to surpass those numbers. And given the deals with Maxwell and Mathews (although I've read conflicting reports whether that's truly official), I don't see how the cap space will allow it.

We got plenty of cap room.

But apparently, the Cowboys have only offered Murray $5M per. That's cheap and insulting.

What the heck. I go by the theory that my second favorite team on Sunday is whoever plays Dallas.

Transitioning that to FA, when we have no shot, my second favorite FA move is the one that screws Dallas.

At least it will shut up the Dallas fans at work who've been laughing at me all week.
samaroo
QUOTE (SLOiggles @ Mar 12 2015, 12:09 PM) *

What did Shady get in Buffalo?
make_it_rain
Schefter reporting Murray planning to sign here. What a ride these last few days have been.

Who needs a QB with 4 running backs?
mcnabbulous
Apparently Mathews hasn't yet signed.
Zero
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 12 2015, 08:18 AM) *
Who needs a QB with 4 running backs?

A run first team with an injury prone QB and no #1 WR. Oops, losing the positive. They'll need to address that RG spot soon. Someone on the roster, trade, draft? Same question for WR.
Phits
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 11 2015, 10:43 PM) *
What did Shady get in Buffalo?

LeSean McCoy signed a 5 year / $40,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $13,125,000 signing bonus, $26,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $8,000,000.

Source

Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 08:51 AM) *
Apparently Mathews hasn't yet signed.

The deal is contingent on him passing his physical, otherwise it appears to be a done deal.
Zero
Apparently Murray doesn't think his old college bud is as bad as most Eagle fans do. He says that he thinks the Eagles have the best chance to win?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 08:58 AM) *
Apparently Murray doesn't think his old college bud is as bad as most Eagle fans do. He says that he thinks the Eagles have the best chance to win?

Do people think Bradford is bad? I thought the concerns were mostly injury related. People aren't really trying to argue that Foles is a better QB than Bradford, right?
JeeQ
So apparently Chip doesn't think RBs are a dime a dozen either

We're going to end up paying more for Murray/Matthews than we would have if we just kept Shady

JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 07:18 AM) *
Do people think Bradford is bad? I thought the concerns were mostly injury related. People aren't really trying to argue that Foles is a better QB than Bradford, right?

If Bradford wasn't injury prone I'd say this trade was a steal... but as it is...

The main problem is we were all hoping for our shiny new future franchise QB... You know the one the coach has been gushing over, the one that was born to fit our system, etc... Instead we got STL's trash who they were more than willing to part with after paying him 20M+ to sit on the bench for 2 seasons

If Bradford comes out and tears his ACL then we're right back to looking for another franchise QB as Sanchez (The Jet's Trash) takes the helm again and this entire season is a wash; and all the great players we sacrificed end up being for nothing
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 09:46 AM) *
We're going to end up paying more for Murray/Matthews than we would have if we just kept Shady

That's not true. The alleged deal they are looking for would actually be right in tune with what Shady would have gotten in Philly but we would have both Matthews & Murray for that money. Even you can admit that would be a better deal.

A backfield consisting of Murray/Matthews/Sproles could be pretty exciting.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 09:47 AM) *
If Bradford wasn't injury prone I'd say this trade was a steal... but as it is...

The main problem is we were all hoping for our shiny new future franchise QB... You know the one the coach has been gushing over, the one that was born to fit our system, etc... Instead we got STL's trash who they were more than willing to part with after paying him 20M+ to sit on the bench for 2 seasons

If Bradford comes out and tears his ACL then we're right back to looking for another franchise QB as Sanchez (The Jet's Trash) takes the helm again and this entire season is a wash; and all the great players we sacrificed end up being for nothing

I think the idea is similar to what Seattle did a few years ago. Bring in the QB's that you like and are a better fit for your system. Let them battle it out until you find the right one. If Bradford works out, we have a franchise QB. If he doesn't it was a 1 year trial. What's clear is that there is no faith in Foles (around the league). In essence we exchanged trash for trash, for the potential for treasure.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 12 2015, 09:47 AM) *

The injuries are a risk, certainly. But Chip obviously has faith in his sports science. We've been the least injury prone team in football for Chip's two seasons. That's likely not coincidental.

I agree it feels like a letdown, but that's not Chip's fault. He never said he was going to try to get Mariota.

You can call Bradford trash if you want, but that last time he was on the field, he threw 14 TD's to 4 picks for a pretty mediocre team. The guy has tons of talent. Obviously Chip thinks he can get the best out of him.

Great players we sacrificed?
Phits
If we get Murray for the right money, than we basically got 2 RB's and a LB for Shady.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 10:10 AM) *
Great players we sacrificed?

Exactly!
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 10:18 AM) *

I wasn't a Foles fan and wanted a better QB but his numbers (yds/att, rating, td/int ratio, etc...) are better than Bradford's

When he was healthy (2010/2012) Bradford was at best mediocre
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 12 2015, 10:25 AM) *
I wasn't a Foles fan and wanted a better QB but his numbers (yds/att, rating, td/int ratio, etc...) are better than Bradford's

When he was healthy (2010/2012) Bradford was at best mediocre

This board vastly underrates the impact of offensive coaching on QB success.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 11:33 AM) *

I don't discount that impact.

Was Vick a turnover machine that couldn't read defenses? Yep. Did he improve under AR? Certainly. Did he remain a T/O machine who couldn't read defenses? Yep

Was Sanchez a mediocre QB before he got much better coaching from Chip? Yep. Did he improve? I think so. Is he still mediocre? Without question

Shurmur already had Bradford. He was mediocre. He may improve with better coaching like Vick and Sanchez did....but after 5 seasons it's no time to start with " we really don't know what we have in Sam"

Zero
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 12 2015, 10:48 AM) *
Shurmur already had Bradford. He was mediocre.

When Shurmur had Bradford he was Offensive Rookie of the Year. That's mediocre?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 12 2015, 10:48 AM) *
I don't discount that impact.

Was Vick a turnover machine that couldn't read defenses? Yep. Did he improve under AR? Certainly. Did he remain a T/O machine who couldn't read defenses? Yep

Was Sanchez a mediocre QB before he got much better coaching from Chip? Yep. Did he improve? I think so. Is he still mediocre? Without question

Shurmur already had Bradford. He was mediocre. He may improve with better coaching like Vick and Sanchez did....but after 5 seasons it's no time to start with " we really don't know what we have in Sam"

So what about his mediocrity to you think is unfixable? He's not a turnover machine. That seems to be the one thing that guys can't correct.

He had a terrible OC and horrible talent for nearly his entire career. That's a recipe for disaster for a young QB. Even still, he managed a 90 rating prior to his last injury.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 11:50 AM) *
When Shurmur had Bradford he was Offensive Rookie of the Year. That's mediocre?

Bradford got 44 votes that year to be the OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!

Who did he beat out....well

Steelers lineman Maurice pouncey...he got 2 votes

And TB WR Mike Williams....he also got 2 votes

So yes...."that's mediocre"
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 11:56 AM) *
So what about his mediocrity to you think is unfixable? He's not a turnover machine. That seems to be the one thing that guys can't correct.

He had a terrible OC and horrible talent for nearly his entire career. That's a recipe for disaster for a young QB. Even still, he managed a 90 rating prior to his last injury.

His turnovers aren't great. 59 TDs to 49 TOs?

Foles was even better at that 46 TDs to 25 TOs

As for his 90 rating in those 7 games? They played 3 teams that finished with less than 4 wins. And Bradford lit up the 4 win Jags and the 2 win Texans for big yards and 3TDs each

Hey listen if you see greatness coming that's fine. I just don't see the evidence
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 12 2015, 11:23 AM) *
His turnovers aren't great. 59 TDs to 49 TOs?

Foles was even better at that 46 TDs to 25 TOs

As for his 90 rating in those 7 games? They played 3 teams that finished with less than 4 wins. And Bradford lit up the 4 win Jags and the 2 win Texans for big yards and 3TDs each

Hey listen if you see greatness coming that's fine. I just don't see the evidence

Jesus dude. Foles got to play for Andy Reid and Chip Kelly (with a highly skewed statistical anomaly in Kelly's first season).

Bradford played most of his career with Brian Schottenheimer. The ultimate in trash offensive coordinators.

Chip Kelly just traded Nick Foles for Sam Bradford. That should tell you more than the worthless numbers you're referencing.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 12:31 PM) *
Chip Kelly just traded Nick Foles for Sam Bradford. That should tell you more than the worthless numbers you're referencing.

The trade tells me that the physical tools and skills Bradford brings has convinced another coach that he will be awesome

The worthless numbers simply tell me it hasn't happened yet

At least when he was drafted he wasn't still talking about rehab after his 2nd ACL surgery...lol

Go get em Sam!
Zero
Obviously, we'll all just have to wait and see but there are a lot of people who get paid to judge talent that seem to disagree with his mediocrity. Not much debate on his ability to stay healthy in the NFL, but I haven't seen much about his lack of ability except from overwrought fans.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 04:31 PM) *

I could have handled that trade.

It's giving up next year's second so that the Rams can free up cap room by offloading Bradford that annoys me.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 12 2015, 10:33 AM) *

They had the same OC and Foles was worlds better.

Just sayin'

His career passer rating is below Foles' bad year last year. And he ain't a runner either.

Scratching my head.

I have a very good friend from St. Louis and they are jumping for joy, FWIW. He's sending me payback for Carlton trade messages etc.

If nothing else, it is exciting, but then again, so is Russian roulette.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 06:09 PM) *
They had the same OC and Foles was worlds better.

Just sayin'

His career passer rating is below Foles' bad year last year. And he ain't a runner either.

Scratching my head.

I have a very good friend from St. Louis and they are jumping for joy, FWIW. He's sending me payback for Carlton trade messages etc.

If nothing else, it is exciting, but then again, so is Russian roulette.

Which Foles? 2013 yes. 2014 can't say. Bradford supposedly runs better than Foles, has a quicker release, better drop, better accuracy and superior decision making. He has supposedly had abysmal coaching other than his rookie year, inferior talent at skill spots other than RB and bad luck with his knees. I've never witnessed so much half-fullness in my life as I am now. We don't understand and/or don't agree so we immediately assume it's a disaster. You got more hair than me so when I scratch it has more meaning. biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 12 2015, 06:27 PM) *
Which Foles? 2013 yes. 2014 can't say. Bradford supposedly runs better than Foles, has a quicker release, better drop, better accuracy and superior decision making. He has supposedly had abysmal coaching other than his rookie year, inferior talent at skill spots other than RB and bad luck with his knees. I've never witnessed so much half-fullness in my life as I am now. We don't understand and/or don't agree so we immediately assume it's a disaster. You got more hair than me so when I scratch it has more meaning. biggrin.gif

I think you meant "half emptiness", right?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2015, 06:52 PM) *
I think you meant "half emptiness", right?

Yeah I need a proof reader. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.