Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't understand pursuing Murray
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
With Sproles and Matthews that will be lots of ego and only one ball. Committee?
Dreagon
On the bright side, Murray managed to coexist with Dez's ego pretty good, so I don't think you would have a problem there. On the negative side, if you guys get him that will mean he will have a new three or four year contract, which means I would put the odds at about even that he suffers a high ankle sprain just stepping off the plane in Philadelphia.
mcnabbulous
He is pursuing us.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 04:50 PM) *
He is pursuing us.

If he is, it would only make sense. He knows you guys have lots of cap room, and it would put pressure on Jones to meet his demands to keep him from going to a division rival. It's a no lose strategy from his perspective.
mcnabbulous
Agreed
JeeQ
By mid-season Matthews will be:

A.) Injured

Or

B.) Benched Due To Non-Stop Fumbling

So I wouldn't worry too much about him
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 11 2015, 05:44 PM) *
With Sproles and Matthews that will be lots of ego and only one ball. Committee?

Polk - $1.5m
Sproles - $4m
Matthews - $4m
Sanchez - $3.5m
Bradford - $13m

thats $26m in two positions BEFORE Murray. If Murray is looking in the $8m range thats way too much scratch for RB/QB. and you cant just cut sproles to make space because his cap hit is the same as the salary...cutting Polk doesnt gain much

Eyrie
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 11 2015, 10:03 PM) *
Polk - $1.5m
Sproles - $4m
Matthews - $4m
Sanchez - $3.5m
Bradford - $13m

thats $26m in two positions BEFORE Murray. If Murray is looking in the $8m range thats way too much scratch for RB/QB. and you cant just cut sproles to make space because his cap hit is the same as the salary...cutting Polk doesnt gain much

Alternative viewpoint.

Kelly wanted Bradford, hence why he overpaid by surrendering our #2 next year when a straight player for player swap would have been fine given the cap space the Rams gained. So the next move could be to restructure Bradford to reduce his cap hit this year and free up money for Murray.

That said, I don't see why we'd sign Mathews if we were still chasing Murray. But very little about this offseason is making any sense to me.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 11 2015, 06:58 PM) *
Alternative viewpoint.

Kelly wanted Bradford, hence why he overpaid by surrendering our #2 next year when a straight player for player swap would have been fine given the cap space the Rams gained. So the next move could be to restructure Bradford to reduce his cap hit this year and free up money for Murray.

That said, I don't see why we'd sign Mathews if we were still chasing Murray. But very little about this offseason is making any sense to me.

if Bradford extends he will still want the $13m he is guaranteed this year....he already has that. more years wont matter since the team can cut you whenever they want. what matters is the guaranteed money

i see why spreading it out works for the team....there is no incentive for the player to agree.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 11 2015, 07:30 PM) *
if Bradford extends he will still want the $13m he is guaranteed this year....he already has that. more years wont matter since the team can cut you whenever they want. what matters is the guaranteed money

i see why spreading it out works for the team....there is no incentive for the player to agree.

He isn't guaranteed anything, from what I heard the Eagles could cut him with no hit to the cap, so he is a game to game paycheck.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 11 2015, 08:06 PM) *
He isn't guaranteed anything, from what I heard the Eagles could cut him with no hit to the cap, so he is a game to game paycheck.

got a link to that?

you might be referring to the effect his game to game status has on the conditional pick

its the last of the contract he got from the rams and its guaranteed money. every dollar of it. its part of the reason they got rid of him for the million dollar man (foles)
Zero
Bradford wants Murray and it seems Murray wants to come to Philadelphia.
NFL Network ✔ @nflnetwork
Follow
From @LT_21: My sources tell me there's a very strong chance of DeMarco Murray joining the @Eagles.
6:07 PM - 11 Mar 2015

Run the damn ball, Chipper! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.