Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mariota out of the question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
"@Jeff_McLane: Chip Kelly on trading up for Marcus Mariota: "Let's dispel this now. I think this stuff is crazy." Looks like it's between Sanchez and Bradford after all..
Eagle2720
Also "@EaglesInsider: Kelly said #Eagles were offered a first-round pick this morning for Bradford" if this is true and isn't a smoke truck then I'm seriously wondering as to why we haven't accepted:
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Mar 11 2015, 01:34 PM) *
Also "@EaglesInsider: Kelly said #Eagles were offered a first-round pick this morning for Bradford" if this is true and isn't a smoke truck then I'm seriously wondering as to why we haven't accepted:

Chip lied his way thru the presser.....even if one were to assume he was telling the truth, don't assume the "first round pick" was much better than #20.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 11 2015, 01:47 PM) *
Chip lied his way thru the presser.....even if one were to assume he was telling the truth, don't assume the "first round pick" was much better than #20.

Funny, his "cut off the sportswriter's question right at the end and talk really fast" seem to start wearing on people.
mcnabbulous
I'm not so sure we're out on Mariota yet, as unlikely as it seems.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 02:24 PM) *
I'm not so sure we're out on Mariota yet, as unlikely as it seems.

Yeah, get a 5th and give up our 4th.....have Sam Bradford give a press conference (presumably to announce he's a bargaining chip).....and I heard Chip said he was offered a first round pick for Bradford. I heard him scoff at the idea of giving up '20 picks' for MM.

I'm starting to see it now - this is all just a smokescreen to fool everyone into thinking we aren't getting MM.....wow, he really IS a genius!

Just accept it - it's over. Bradford is our QB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 11 2015, 01:28 PM) *
Yeah, get a 5th and give up our 4th.....have Sam Bradford give a press conference (presumably to announce he's a bargaining chip).....and I heard Chip said he was offered a first round pick for Bradford. I heard him scoff at the idea of giving up '20 picks' for MM.

I'm starting to see it now - this is all just a smokescreen to fool everyone into thinking we aren't getting MM.....wow, he really IS a genius!

Just accept it - it's over. Bradford is our QB.

You're likely right. I agree. But would anything surprise you with this guy at this point?

We signed Ryan Mathews and now people are talking about us signing Demarco Murray. Everything seems possible. Everything.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 02:42 PM) *
But would anything surprise you with this guy at this point?

Nope. It's certainly been unpredictable.
JeeQ
He said these moves are salary cap based yet traded for Sam Bradford and his torn ACL and 13M contract
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 01:42 PM) *
people are talking about us signing Demarco Murray.

I hope that this is just a smoke screen. I'm not interested in acquiring Murray, even as talented as he is.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 11 2015, 02:11 PM) *
I hope that this is just a smoke screen. I'm not interested in acquiring Murray, even as talented as he is.

If Chip thinks he is a guy that can keep the chains moving, I have no reason to believe that isn't the case. That's really all I care about at this point.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 02:18 PM) *
If Chip thinks he is a guy that can keep the chains moving, I have no reason to believe that isn't the case. That's really all I care about at this point.

Agreed. I was just speaking from a fan perspective. If he's wearing the laundry, I will cheer for him.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 11 2015, 12:11 PM) *

Injured In 2011
Injured In 2012
Injured In 2013
Injured In 2014

He passes the Chip Kelly test
JeeQ
Quack!
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 11 2015, 02:57 PM) *
Injured In 2011
Injured In 2012
Injured In 2013
Injured In 2014

He passes the Chip Kelly test

Considering that Foles was just trade, with a similar type injury history, your "logic" doesn't hold water.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 11 2015, 01:24 PM) *
Considering that Foles was just trade, with a similar type injury history, your "logic" doesn't hold water.

Bradford's Injuries (Back To Back Torn ACLs) >>> Foles's Injuries (Broken Collarbone, Broken Hand)

We went with the player with the higher percentage to be injured this season...

I hear that on your third ACL tear you get a free yogurt... We'll have to see if Kiko or Bradford gets there first

#KellySystem
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 11 2015, 04:04 PM) *
Bradford's Injuries (Back To Back Torn ACLs) >>> Foles's Injuries (Broken Collarbone, Broken Hand)

We went with the player with the higher percentage to be injured this season...

I hear that on your third ACL tear you get a free yogurt

#KellySystem

Has Foles been healthy for an entire NFL season?

concussions > knee injuries ... Just ask the NFLPA
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 11 2015, 02:12 PM) *
Has Foles been healthy for an entire NFL season?

concussions > knee injuries ... Just ask the NFLPA

Concussions have only been pretend-important since the last 5 years... and that's only because the players are looking for an easy paycheck since they didn't save a dime. I remember the good old days when Bradshaw would go out there and throw 5 Touchdowns with 3 Concussions... all in one game! Back when men were men! ac6.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 11 2015, 11:02 PM) *
Back when men were men! ac6.gif

and the sheep were scared...
samaroo
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 12 2015, 07:07 AM) *
and the sheep were scared...

Ha! laugh.gif
rumply
Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 8m8 minutes ago
Mariota; 'I sat down with the Buccaneers as well as the Eagles. Today I will be finishing up with the Titans.''

Chip, pls...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.