Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Bradford a 1 year test?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
With acquiring Mariotta unlikely it looks to me like Chip is taking a shot w Bradford for a year while he rebuilds the rest of the team. They could re-up him, but my guess is that it would be a 'prove' it contract that would leave us able to dump him if he isn't the one. The poison pills that give us back a pick next year if he flops says they aren't sold on him completely.

If Chip could have landed enough FAs (McCourty, Maclin, and Gore at least), this trade may not have happened, but w no other decent ready to play QBs available, he takes a shot w Bradford who has run a quick tempo O in college. BTW, I feel bad for Foles behind the abortion of an OLine the Rams have.
Zero
If Bradford can stay healthy he could be a steal ... IF. Except for the legs he's got everything Kelly needs in a QB. For essentially a second rounder next year he has the chance of being a franchise QB. If not, they didn't want Foles anyway so all they're losing is that second rounder or a third. If it works it's a steal. I'm guessing Kelly drafts a QB to develop.

The real disappointment so far is Maclin vs nobody. Trade? Not much left in FA to be #1. Draft?

As always with the Eagles, for some reason they like injury risk players. For me, that's the frustration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.