Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's Tanya Harding????
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
The trade that sent quarterback Sam Bradford from the Rams to the Eagles was surprising when news of it first emerged. It’s now become downright confusing.

The Eagles have announced the deal, which consists of Bradford for Nick Foles plus three draft picks. The Eagles get from St. Louis a 2015 fifth-round pick, and the Rams get from Philadelphia a 2015 fourth-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

While the announcement doesn’t mention any other terms, Albert Breer of NFL Media reports that, if Bradford doesn’t start eight games, the Eagles get a fourth-round pick back from the Rams. Likewise, if Bradford is injured, the Eagles get a third-round pick from the Rams. (The trigger for the “injury” condition isn’t known. Possibly, the third-round pick becomes and issue only if Bradford suffers a season ending injury before Week One.)

Many wondered whether the acquisition of Bradford would be a stepping stone toward a move to get in position to draft quarterback Marcus Mariota. The decision to give up a second-round pick in 2016 along with a fourth-round pick in 2015 for Bradford and a fifth-round draft pick arguably cuts against that theory.

Unless, of course, a team like the Bucs at No. 1 or the Titans at No. 2 made it clear to the Eagles that a package including Bradford would be critical to getting a deal done — or, possibly, that the 49ers wanted Bradford in exchange for Colin Kaepernick.

Whatever the outcome, the idea that a guy with a twice-torn ACL will waltz in and become the starting quarterback for the Eagles currently doesn’t make much sense.
JeeQ
We're trying to build an entire roster of players coming off torn ACLs

If you have a player with a torn ACL; we've got the Pro-Bowler you need
Pbfan
Is lurie going along with this shit? Can he pull rank here?!? No fucking way he's going along with this...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 10 2015, 07:54 PM) *
Is lurie going along with this shit? Can he pull rank here?!? No fucking way he's going along with this...

Lurie handed the keys to the kingdom off to a 5 year old 'genius.' He's doing nothing but praying that this somehow works.
BirdsWinBaby
there may be an other shoe to drop...but what could it be?

bradford is often injured....when he isnt injured he either sucks or is mediocre....add in a $13m price tag and everyone on the planet says "HUH!!??" the fact that you have to add language to the deal that addresses how many games he will play tells you how big a problem it is

the reason WE dont like the trade is cuz we know bradford isnt the answer to anything. are you trying to tell me that SOME team with a top-tier pick isnt aware that bradford sucks and is owed lots of money?

at least Foles wasnt owed a lot of money...he sucked at times but was cheap so it was ok. you trade him for bradford? could kelly have hated Foles that much? i wasnt a fan but damn man....thats extreme!

and now we hope some other team WANTS bradford? some team with a HIGH draft pick? wants him enough to sell a fanbase on "we could have taken a chance on mariota...but we took a chance on Sam Bradford instead?"

*head explodes*
samaroo
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 11 2015, 10:22 AM) *

bradford is often injured....when he isnt injured he either sucks or is mediocre....add in a $13m price tag and everyone on the planet says "HUH!!??" the fact that you have to add language to the deal that addresses how many games he will play tells you how big a problem it is

the reason WE dont like the trade is cuz we know bradford isnt the answer to anything. are you trying to tell me that SOME team with a top-tier pick isnt aware that bradford sucks and is owed lots of money?

at least Foles wasnt owed a lot of money...he sucked at times but was cheap so it ok. you trade him for bradford? could kelly have hated Foles that much? i wasnt a fan but damn man....thats extreme!

and now we hope some other team WANTS bradford? some team with a HIGH draft pick? wants him enough to sell a fanbase on "we could have taken a chance on mariota...but we took a chance on Sam Bradford instead?"

*head explodes*

Good summation.
JeeQ
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Mar 10 2015, 06:22 PM) *

at least Foles wasnt owed a lot of money...he sucked at times but was cheap so it was ok. you trade him for bradford? could kelly have hated Foles that much? i wasnt a fan but damn man....thats extreme!

*head explodes*

Chip Kelly Press Conference On April 30th After Mariota Gets Drafted 1 Pick Before Us
Pbfan
I think Chip will just say "We didn't execute"
JeeQ
Was kind of laughing to myself because I was just saying the other day Foles is the last Reid-era man standing on the offense, and what do you know... every Reid-Era starter is gone
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 09:51 PM) *
Chip Kelly Press Conference On April 30th After Mariota Gets Drafted 1 Pick Before Us

now see that was just cruel!...lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 08:56 PM) *
Was kind of laughing to myself because I was just saying the other day Foles is the last Reid-era man standing on the offense, and what do you know... every Reid-Era starter is gone

I can name three or four if you want to count Celek.
JeeQ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.