Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford for Foles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Eagle2720
Uhm... I don't know what to feel anymore
make_it_rain
WHERE ARE YOU CHIP APOLOGISTS NOW?

Seriously, fuck this guy. That is all.

EDIT: Still havent seen this confirmed yet. Hope it isnt, or there at least picks and/or a path to #10 in there somewhere.
HOUSEoPAIN
If you're still a Chip fanboy, go fuck yourself. That is all. Wow, this is what happens when you give a 5 year old the keys to a lamborghini after telling him he's a genius.
mcnabbulous
And it sounds like we're getting a #2 too. Bradford will never play a down for the Eagles is my guess.
Dreagon
Okay, I'm not even sure what to make of this. If you're going to go for Mariota, then why waste a trade for Bradford? And if you're not, what does Bradford offer that Foles doesn't? I'm trying to figure out how Sanchez and Bradford even make sense.

Maybe there's a third team involved and this is going to end up a three team trade?
JeeQ
We're one surprise draft pick away from starting 2015 with Sanchez/Sproles/Cooper

#TANKADELPHIA

JeeQ
It's official: Eagles swap the #20 for the #10, a conditional pick, and Bradford in exchange for Foles

1000000% chance we're going all in for Mariota if it wasn't obvious yet
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 04:27 PM) *
It's official: Eagles swap the #20 for the #10, a conditional pick, and Bradford in exchange for Foles

Ok, THAT'S better. Nice initial trolling by 'journalists.'
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 10 2015, 01:30 PM) *
Ok, THAT'S better. Nice initial trolling by 'journalists.'

It's a damn good trade in all honesty, but a lot is riding on getting Mariota (though I still have this inkling Captain One Read is coming)

Hearing the conditional may even be upgraded to a 2nd round pick
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 03:27 PM) *

Okay, NOW it makes more sense! You guys climbed ten spots, and got a second out of the deal to boot.
Wow, the Rams must have really liked Foles.
mcnabbulous
I haven't seen that as official yet. But lots of speculation. Apparently we're also getting a 2016 conditional pick. Sill waiting on final word.

Hope we get up to #10
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 10 2015, 04:42 PM) *
I haven't seen that as official yet. But lots of speculation. Apparently we're also getting a 2016 conditional pick. Sill waiting on final word.

Hope we get up to #10

There's still a ways to climb. I imagine everyone in the football world knows we're going for Mariota - now, don't the rest of the teams in our way rub their hands together and start throwing monkey wrenches into this?
make_it_rain
nothings really been confirmed yet.

if we're swapping firsts and going Foles for Bradford, I think thats a pretty solid trade. BUT its not confirmed that we're swapping firsts (or what the conditional picks are)
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 10 2015, 04:51 PM) *
nothings really been confirmed yet.

if we're swapping firsts and going Foles for Bradford, I think thats a pretty solid trade. BUT its not confirmed that we're swapping firsts (or what the conditional picks are)

Supposedly we get a 2nd too. So in other words, they get what they want (Foles), we get what we want (#10), and we also agree to take on Bradford's contract along with a 2nd round pick in exchange for our first this year. Fair enough to me.
JeeQ
The rumor mill is swirling that Bradford + #10 Spot + 2nd Rounder + Next Season's 2nd for a swap with The Titans is looming

If he pulls off Mariota without giving up a 1st round pick even Mikey Numbers will have to be impressed
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 05:01 PM) *
The rumor mill is swirling that Bradford + #10 Spot + 2nd Rounder + Next Season's 2nd for a swap with The Titans is looming

Everyone on the planet knows Chip is aiming for Mariota, and will give up whatever it takes to get there. I'd be drooling over the chance to gouge him for picks. No way this happens, unless the Titans GM is in our pocket.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 10 2015, 04:46 PM) *
There's still a ways to climb. I imagine everyone in the football world knows we're going for Mariota - now, don't the rest of the teams in our way rub their hands together and start throwing monkey wrenches into this?

Thing is, no team would waste their top ten 1st round pick selecting a player they do not want and to give that pick away for anything less than a huge lopsided trade isn't happening. Other than Chip, no team seems hell bent on Mariotta, and to have leverage a seller needs two buyers. The skins would have to move RGIII to take Mariotta and I don't think they even want him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 04:01 PM) *

If he pulls off Mariota without giving up a 1st round pick even Mikey Numbers will have to be impressed

I'm not seeing/hearing any of this same stuff. Also not even seeing that we definitively have #10 yet. Tons of misinformation out there.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 10 2015, 04:26 PM) *
Tons of misinformation out there.
What a ride jumpclap.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 10 2015, 05:26 PM) *
I'm not seeing/hearing any of this same stuff. Also not even seeing that we definitively have #10 yet. Tons of misinformation out there.

Eskin just said there's nothing about a first-round swap. Goddamit, who knows.
Pbfan
I'm sorry but has anyone seen anything on tape that proves that Mariota is worth parting the sea for?!?? I sure haven't. He's no luck.

Also- what the fuck do we do with Bradford? If we're not gonna keep him, then who the hell is gonna take him?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 10 2015, 04:54 PM) *
I'm sorry but has anyone seen anything on tape that proves that Mariota is worth parting the sea for?!?? I sure haven't. He's no luck.

Also- what the fuck do we do with Bradford? If we're not gonna keep him, then who the hell is gonna take him?

Yes.

We could cut Bradford if we wanted to. We only owe him salary. No bonus money.
D Rock
parton?
rumply
Deal Done...

Adam Schefter
7 mins
Eagles acquire QB Sam Bradford and 5th round draft pick in 2015 from Rams for QB Nick Foles, 4th round pick in 2015 and 2nd round pick in 2016.

not much making sense with this other than it is part of an ongoing move to trade up.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 10 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Deal Done...

Adam Schefter
7 mins
Eagles acquire QB Sam Bradford and 5th round draft pick in 2015 from Rams for QB Nick Foles, 4th round pick in 2015 and 2nd round pick in 2016.

not much making sense with this other than it is part of an ongoing move to trade up.

good god.....
Eyrie
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 10 2015, 10:55 PM) *
Deal Done...

Adam Schefter
7 mins

So we traded Foles and next year's second for Bradford, together with a sweetener of swapping midround picks this year?

Add this to the McCoy deal and everyone will be queuing up to trade with Kelly.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 10 2015, 03:59 PM) *
good god.....

I have no words...

Just.... Mariota or bust... I don't think anything else can salvage this off-season
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 11:12 PM) *
I have no words...

Just.... Mariota or bust... I don't think anything else can salvage this off-season

On that, we agree.
Pbfan
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 10 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Deal Done...

Adam Schefter
7 mins

So Bradford is our new QB? Why wouldn't the whole trade be leaked?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 10 2015, 07:46 PM) *
So Bradford is our new QB? Why wouldn't the whole trade be leaked?

Sssh! The Genius's Master PlanTM is at work.
mcnabbulous
My faith is definitely tested after that one. It seems so absurd that it doesn't seem like it's real. I still have a hard time seeing Bradford taking a snap in Philly.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 10 2015, 08:38 PM) *
My faith is definitely tested after that one. It seems so absurd that it doesn't seem like it's real. I still have a hard time seeing Bradford taking a snap in Philly.

What, don't you trust the Genius?
HobbEs
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 09:38 AM) *

Who would we trade up with that would want Bradford over Foles? This trade made sense when I thought we were swapping firsts. But it just seems totally bonkers to me now. WTF?!?
BirdsWinBaby
so after watching the RAMS/EAGLES trade their garbage we have to rest our hopes on the idea that there is ANOTHER GM out there (with a top10 draft pick) who will take that RAMS garbage +plus a billion picks, give away a TOP10 draftee, leaving them with no QB, no clear future plan and the inevitable roadside billboards calling for the GMs' head

that happens like every year right?....go get em Chip!
JeeQ
Dreagon
Okay, I'm confused. Did you guys get to swap up to #10 in the first round or not?
samaroo
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 11 2015, 03:55 PM) *
Okay, I'm confused. Did you guys get to swap up to #10 in the first round or not?

Nope.

Or should I (hopefully) say: not yet.
Pbfan
New report. It appears that Foles was "overjoyed" that he is out of philly.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...hilly/#comments
mcnabbulous
At least now everyone can stop trying to convince themselves that Foles in anything more than an average QB.

Dude got outplayed by Mark Sanchez last year.
Zero
It's the "overjoyed" part that's a problem. Eagles are going to get a bad rep unless this mess proves to be successful and they win!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 11 2015, 07:59 AM) *
It's the "overjoyed" part that's a problem. Eagles are going to get a bad rep unless this mess proves to be successful and they win!

I suspect it has more to do with the fans than the organization/Chip. Why would he be ecstatic to leave a situation that afforded him more success than anyone thought humanly possible?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 11 2015, 08:35 AM) *

People talk. Especially athletes in a sports league. The wheels are falling off of this organization.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 11 2015, 09:00 AM) *
People talk. Especially athletes in a sports league. The wheels are falling off of this organization.

"Want to have a career year and boost that into a huge contract? No? Okay, don't play for Chip."
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 10:07 AM) *
"Want to have a career year and boost that into a huge contract? No? Okay, don't play for Chip."

"Want to have a career year then get tossed aside? Unless you went to Oregon, then play for Chip." rolleyes.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 11 2015, 05:35 AM) *

Didn't see you had posted this before I made the thread... my bad Pb

Either way it sounds like players are souring on the Chip Kelly experiment... no wonder he has to get all his old former players
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 11 2015, 09:40 AM) *
Didn't see you had posted this before I made the thread... my bad Pb

Either way it sounds like players are souring on the Chip Kelly experiment... no wonder he has to get all his old former players

It really doesn't sound like that at all. If vets don't want to play for Chip cause he works them hard so they don't get injured, I don't want those vets.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 07:46 AM) *
It really doesn't sound like that at all. If vets don't want to play for Chip cause he works them hard so they don't get injured, I don't want those vets.

It's not the hard work scaring them off of Chip Kelly... those same vets run with open arms to New England which has an even more overbearing coach
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 11 2015, 10:46 AM) *

In any organization, people don't want to be treated like interchangeable parts, nameless and faceless with a bar code. If I'm a FA vet, that's what it looks like is happening here.
Dreagon
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 11 2015, 02:31 AM) *
Nope.

Or should I (hopefully) say: not yet.

There HAS to be something else to this trade, or else it just doesn't make sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.