Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gore is reconsidering
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Sounds like he might end up with the Colts. I wouldn't be surprised if Chip has already moved on to someone else.

Fine by me. Not a fan of 30+ running backs.
rumply
yeah, didnt like this move, there should still be a cheaper option available
Pbfan
I was going to recommend Toby Gerhart, but it sounds like he may not be released after all.
JeeQ
They really have to stop letting Riley Cooper make the calls to welcome new players to the team...
nephillymike
If I were him, I'd chose the Colts.

He probably made his decision assuming Mac would be here and Sanchez wouldn't.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 9 2015, 10:15 PM) *
If I were him, I'd chose the Colts.

He probably made his decision assuming Mac would be here and Sanchez wouldn't.

It will come down to one thing $$$, if they offer more guaranteed he goes there, simple.
JeeQ
Reports are confirming Gore is a Colt... and the Chip fail-a-thon continues in Free Agency
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 9 2015, 07:44 PM) *
I was going to recommend Toby Gerhart, but it sounds like he may not be released after all.

That's a joke, right? Gerhart is the worst RB I've ever seen.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2015, 06:17 PM) *
Sounds like he might end up with the Colts. I wouldn't be surprised if Chip has already moved on to someone else.

Fine by me. Not a fan of 30+ running backs.

Also keep in mind that Gore's stats are inflated by the best run blocking line in the league and the fact that San Fran runs a lot of zone read, which the Eagles do not, despite their reputation to the contrary.

I never thought Gore was a good fit here. Chip's O seems to be a much better fit for guys like McCoy and Sproles.
JeeQ
Eagles fan's emotional tribute to Frank Gore's time here

Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 09:34 AM) *
Eagles fan's emotional tribute to Frank Gore's time here

You are now elevated to the epitomy of Negadelphia. Congrats, enjoy. BTW, reality is more fun. biggrin.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 9 2015, 11:57 PM) *
Also keep in mind that Gore's stats are inflated by the best run blocking line in the league and the fact that San Fran runs a lot of zone read, which the Eagles do not, despite their reputation to the contrary.

I never thought Gore was a good fit here. Chip's O seems to be a much better fit for guys like McCoy and Sproles.

McCoy, in hindsight, was pretty clearly an awful fit here for what Chip wants. His big plays were exciting, but it's obvious that Chip cares much more about the -1 yard runs than the 40 yard runs.

It's so obvious what is going on here. Chip wants to move the chains. The 3 and outs were absolute killers last year and Shady's dancing largely contributed to them. Chip wants running backs that will pickup the 4 yards. He wants WR's that can make the tough catches in traffic.

He doesn't care about the big plays. Those are the things that DJax, McCoy, and to a lesser extent, Maclin did best.

We've had a top-5 offense the past two years despite not having a legit QB. Chip knows he can manufacture offense. So instead of paying $30MM to 3 guys on offense, he wants to allocate a lot more of that money to defense.

Assuming he lands his QB, which I'm confident will happen, our offense will improve despite the lesser resources.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 10 2015, 10:51 AM) *
McCoy, in hindsight, was pretty clearly an awful fit here for what Chip wants.

wacko.gif

You've now jumped the shark into irrational fanboy-ism. I'll be keeping this quote hot for future threads.....
HOUSEoPAIN
People talk, and it matters.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 10 2015, 11:08 AM) *
wacko.gif

You've now jumped the shark into irrational fanboy-ism. I'll be keeping this quote hot for future threads.....

Considering he traded the guy, history appears to be supporting my theory.
JeeQ
Frank Gore said he changed his mind about joining the Eagles because "Chip Kelly doesn't like players with "strong voices" in the locker room"

I'll let you decipher that for yourself
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 10 2015, 01:43 PM) *
A 31 Year Old RB makes a few calls and decides he doesn't want to play for Chip Kelly... not good, not good at all

And if Gore with his 6 Wonderlic score (translating to an IQ of 72, below Forrest Gump and just a hair above what a psychologist would refer to as 'Mild Mental Retardation') can figure this out, that ESPECIALLY doesn't bode well. Then again, he could just be intimidated by being around a genius. biggrin.gif
samaroo
Or maybe Chip's a racist. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.