Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The beast is back!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Brandon Graham, Eagles agree on four-year deal worth $14 million guaranteed

LINK

Barwin, Kendricks, Alonso and Graham ... Our LB core looks promising. That's something we haven't been able to say (or even suggest) in a very long time.
HobbEs
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 9 2015, 04:13 PM) *
Brandon Graham, Eagles agree on four-year deal worth $14 million guaranteed

LINK

Barwin, Kendricks, Alonso and Graham ... Our LB core looks promising. That's something we haven't been able to say (or even suggest) in a very long time.

Unless they include Kendricks in a Mariotta deal. Just Sayin...

Seriously though, I like how this defense is shaping up. The front seven is looking good. Hopefully we can add someone like Wayns via the draft to pair with Maxwell. Maybe they give Watkins a look at the other Safety spot?
JeeQ
It took some time but he's officially not a bust...

Marcus Smith it's your turn... maybe he'll finally get that first tackle this season
Zero
Graham made a lot of progress last year, his second as an OLB. Let's hope he keeps moving in that direction.

Now, on to a safety and another CB to set the defense. Lots of chatter that the Eagles are not trying to get Mariota but have another plan. Who knows, but like I said, they've never uttered a peep about moving up for him.
samaroo
Yeah, I feel like I understood the thinking behind the moves this year, and what the overall gameplan was until yesterday. Now, officially, I have no effin' clue what's going on. But I don't think I can be surprised any more.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 9 2015, 05:02 PM) *
Marcus Smith it's your turn... maybe he'll finally get that first tackle this season

If he couldn't get on the field last year, he's not beating this corps for playing time.

We could actually enter next year with a pretty good defense.....naturally, our offense isn't looking too hot. Not a believer in 'system over talent' quite yet.
D Rock
Still need a safety and a 2nd corner. Front 7 was already good. I can't wait to see what Cole gets in the market, but his loss hurts more than Shady's as I see it. (Backs = dime-a-dozen). But the addition of Alonso is nice.

The secondary is a wash so far. Maxwell and Sconses traded places. They're pretty much the same animal (but for the fact that Sconces is a dick). It'll be interesting to see if Williams is suddenly a stud surrounded by real NFL talent. DRC was a different animal post philly, playing in a real secondary. I can't get the thought out of my mind that Maxwel will get constantly dogged by the zebras while wearing green.

We've got to complete the secondary to call this defense "pretty good."
Zero
The thing about resigning Graham that hasn't been mentioned is that reportedly the Giants were in hot pursuit of him. Personally, I'd rather not see him on that D.
"In 2014, Graham finished first overall in Pass Rushing Productivity (PRP), which is a stat created by Pro Football Focus. PFF describes PRP as a formula that combines sacks, hits, and hurries (with hits and hurries three quarters the worth) relative to how many times a player rushes the passer. Graham recorded a total of 51 pressures on just 225 pass rush snaps, which is about two pressures for every nine snaps. There's no denying that Graham was critical to an Eagles pass rush unit that recorded an NFL second-best 49 sacks last season. His run defense wasn't bad at all either. Graham finished fourth overall in PFF's Run Stop Percentage, where a stop constitutes a "loss" for the offense. Then there's the fact Graham is also really valuable on special teams."
Linc ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.