Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maclin a chief
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Nm
Phits
I'm disappointed with this. I like Maclin as our WR, but business is business.
HOUSEoPAIN
No way he's worth $11 mil a year if that's what he would've cost us to stay here. The Chiefs basically trade one huge contracted WR for another, by cutting Bowe. Wish him well.
Eyrie
I'll wait until I hear how much they're paying him, but right now we're looking very bare at WR. Can Matthews step up on the outside as our #1? Can Cooper do a decent job? Will Huff be sighted?
nephillymike
I've heard that we were offering 9.75M/yr vs. 11M from KC.

So 5 yrs of 1.25M is 6.25M diff when he won't even see yrs 4 and 5 as he will be cut or a new deal.

Was it worth 3.75M to walk away?

When they let DJax go, we had Maclin.

When they let Maclin go, we have Huff to fill in.

Now if it was crucial that we had the 3.75M over 5 years to sign somebody this year to help us get to where we want to go and if we had a decent backup plan then maybe.

But for 3.75M and for the message it sends to other FA's about us, it ain't worth it. Pay him the money and go address other needs instead of creating new ones!!

This shouldn't have been that difficult. $50M of cap space, a very good WR to resign and plenty of other FA's available at PON.

We don't do easy in this town. Always trying to overlook the obvious while staring at an empty trophy case.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 9 2015, 10:13 PM) *
But for 3.75M and for the message it sends to other FA's about us, it ain't worth it. Pay him the money and go address other needs instead of creating new ones!!

Apart from paying through the nose for Maxwell, the FA's we targeted went elsewhere, if Gore indeed ends up in Indy. This doesn't look very good for Chip Kelly.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 9 2015, 09:48 PM) *
Apart from paying through the nose for Maxwell, the FA's we targeted went elsewhere, if Gore indeed ends up in Indy. This doesn't look very good for Chip Kelly.

No it doesn't.

Let's see what he does. It ain't over yet. But the first Act ain't impressing me!
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2015, 11:13 AM) *

So 5 yrs of 1.25M is 6.25M diff when he won't even see yrs 4 and 5 as he will be cut or a new deal.

Now if it was crucial that we had the 3.75M over 5 years to sign somebody this year to help us get to where we want to go and if we had a decent backup plan then maybe.

This shouldn't have been that difficult. $50M of cap space, a very good WR to resign and plenty of other FA's available at PON.

We don't do easy in this town. Always trying to overlook the obvious while staring at an empty trophy case.

I agree. I was understanding where we were going (I thought) until this. Now I am just confused.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2015, 02:13 AM) *

The 300 lbs Elephant in the room....

Who said "no" to this $3.75 up charge? Was is the Personnel man? Was it the contract/numbers/equipment boy/VP of ops with a spiteful "chip" on his shoulder?

We'll never know. But perhaps it's indicative of a stupid structure from Jeff. He should have jettisoned Howie Doodie. Instead, he invited a toxic structure to nova care.

Shit!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 9 2015, 09:13 PM) *

Isn't Howie the one doing the negotiating?
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 10 2015, 05:47 AM) *
Isn't Howie the one doing the negotiating?

exactly...but Chip decides who he wants and i dont believe he would quibble over a few million if it means he is left with Cooper/Huff in the end

i dont think Maclin was worth what he got and i wouldnt have given it to him, but Chip? Chip wouldnt even look up from the game film he was watching to say, "yea whatever...give it to him." its why we overpaid for Maxwell

this leads me to believe that if Chip the GM sends a list of who he wants to Howie the contract guy.....the list may come back with a few yes and a few no based on negotiations that Chip the GM cant be bothered with

which may be problematic in the end
Zero
Or, maybe with the lack of communication Howie gets a little revenge. Your point is taken, the GM "team" may have a serious and debilitating flaw.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 10 2015, 07:02 AM) *
Or, maybe with the lack of communication Howie gets a little revenge. Your point is taken, the GM "team" may have a serious and debilitating flaw.

Yup, passive-aggressive "sorry your guy wanted too much money" or something. Who knows what's going on there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.