Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There goes McCourty...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
Reports are they he's a agreed on a 5 year 47.5m deal. Though we most likely got Gore and Maxwell, hearing about Maclin and now McCourty is pretty upsetting.
samaroo
Agreed.
JeeQ
Lost McCourty to the Patriots (unsurprisingly), and Maxwell's agent came out today to deny rumors Maxwell was going to Philadelphia (cold feet?)... we're not doing very well in free agency bingo thus far

Signing Gore is like getting kicked in the nuts when you just had McCoy on the team. The only fun part is watching everyone who claimed Shady was going downhill at 26 have magically turned around about the age thing soon as Gore was on the team. Our #1 and #2 RB will both be 32 this season; but McCoy is looking old at 26
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 9 2015, 09:58 AM) *
Signing Gore is like getting kicked in the nuts when you just had McCoy on the team.

A player with similar production a shorter contract for less than half the $$
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 9 2015, 11:14 AM) *
A player with similar production a shorter contract for less than half the $$

Gore's numbers were significantly better out of the shotgun than from under center last season. Wonder if that contributed to some of the appeal in Philly?

Source
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2015, 12:03 PM) *
Gore's numbers were significantly better out of the shotgun than from under center last season. Wonder if that contributed to some of the appeal in Philly?

Source

I'm not thoroughly impressed with the signing, but I understand the need for a more powerful back who prefers N/S to E/W. It also interesting how durable and productive Gore has been throughout his career, more importantly he is an exception to the RB decline "theory". I wanted bigger and stronger, an authentic power back, with good hands like Eddie Lacy over there in GB.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 9 2015, 12:56 PM) *
I'm not thoroughly impressed with the signing, but I understand the need for a more powerful back who prefers N/S to E/W. It also interesting how durable and productive Gore has been throughout his career, more importantly he is an exception to the RB decline "theory". I wanted bigger and stronger, an authentic power back, with good hands like Eddie Lacy over there in GB.

For the record, I'm not too enthusiastic about it either. I don't think his performance can be that much worse than Shady's last year though. I also don't expect him to get more than 200 carries.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.