Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest Draftek Mock - Good News
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Mariota falls to #13 to NO.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2015, 03:22 PM) *

laugh.gif

If the Saints draft a QB in the first round I'll shit myself. Besides that, how the hell does Winston go first with his character issues? What's the point of drafting a talented athlete if he's destined to be in jail once he comes into millions of dollars?
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2015, 01:22 PM) *

I don't see it. Sean Payton is not a Mariota type of coach at all.
mcnabbulous
Why would the saints not draft a QB?

*no way mariota lasts to 13
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 8 2015, 04:16 PM) *

Sure, but not in the first round, when they got a couple years left to compete for a title with their HOF starter.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 8 2015, 08:16 PM) *

*no way mariota lasts to 13

I know. I know. And Geno Smith will still be a great NFL QB.

(Sorry, buddy. I couldn't help myself).

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 8 2015, 06:17 PM) *
I know. I know. And Geno Smith will still be a great NFL QB.

(Sorry, buddy. I couldn't help myself).

I'll grant you, he hasn't taken his team to the promised land like Chance Warmack quite yet.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 8 2015, 08:19 PM) *
I'll grant you, he hasn't taken his team to the promised land like Chance Warmack quite yet.

Yeah, what ever happened to Chance Womack?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2015, 08:23 PM) *
Yeah, what ever happened to Chance Womack?

Best player in the draft! laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 8 2015, 08:31 PM) *
Best player in the draft! laugh.gif

Serious, what happened to him?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 8 2015, 08:43 PM) *
Serious, what happened to him?

He's on the team with the #2 pick in the draft. Game changer.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2015, 01:46 AM) *

Maybe we should have listened to DRock and drafted him. The #2 pick would have given us a decent chance at Mariota.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 8 2015, 03:37 PM) *
Sure, but not in the first round, when they got a couple years left to compete for a title with their HOF starter.

Based on their most recent season and cap situation, it may be prudent to start looking towards the future.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2015, 01:46 AM) *

At least he's ON the team. Geno wont be come September. Career backup is and was his ceiling. But you wanted us to pick him at FOUR!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Please tell me you hate Marriota.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 9 2015, 03:29 PM) *
At least he's ON the team. Geno wont be come September. Career backup is and was his ceiling. But you wanted us to pick him at FOUR!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Please tell me you hate Marriota.

Taking a bust QB at 4 offers the same value as taking a guard. That was my primary point in that debate. Hell, the Jets started Geno and Mike Vick all season long and still won more games than the Titans.

I thought (and still believe) that Geno would be a good QB. With the right coaching/situation, I thought he could be great. He has gotten the exact opposite of that. I also firmly stated that he had no business starting from day 1.

You thought we should take a fucking guard with the 4th pick in a draft of professional football players. A guard. Literally the easiest position to fill in football.

Not to mention a guard who can't pass block in a throwin league.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2015, 08:36 PM) *
That was my primary point in that debate.

There was no debate. There was only you, jumping up and down at what a great NFL QB Geno (Phuquing) Smith was going to be. A point on which you were clearly and inexorably wrong. I vaguely recall some beer based wager, but the details are long gone in my middle aged mind.

I was wrong on Chance. I can admit it. I thought he was a sure fire, can't miss prospect at Guard. But when their respective careers are finished, I think it safe to say that Chance will have started more games, and been more effective at his role than Geno (cough cough) Smith.

I pointed to his inability to read a defense. I recall 70% of his passes were thrown to targets either behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it. I recall pointing to the mountain of evidence that suggested he was a head case. BOTH points have proven true in just a couple of seasons. He Sucked then. He Sucks now. He's a slightly less athletic Tim Tebow with the added benefit of character concerns.

Take him at #4 or take him in round 4, it's a wasted pick.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 9 2015, 05:13 PM) *
There was no debate. There was only you, jumping up and down at what a great NFL QB Geno (Phuquing) Smith was going to be.

A point on which you were clearly and inexorably wrong.

There is a search feature on this board. You find a post where I said Geno Smith was going to be a great QB and I'll concede your point.

What I said is that Geno had all the skills you can look for (size, arm strength, athleticism, college success). Based on those reasons and his upside, I thought that he was an ideal fit for what Chip was going to do and justified a top pick. I thought he was a better pro prospect coming out of college than Donnie.

I also said he wasn't a day one starter and his success was largely dependent on landing in the right situation. Conversely, he ended up in the worst situation in football from a coaching and complementary talent perspective. I can name less than a handful of young QB's who would have survived, let alone thrived, in that situation.

I vaguely recall some beer based wager, but the details are long gone in my middle aged mind.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 24 2013, 04:51 PM) *
Tell you what. If Geno Phuquing Smith is a starter in this league for more than 2 years . . . I'll send you a case of your choice in beer. I'm not even saying a good starter. Just a starter.

I was wrong on Chance. I can admit it. I thought he was a sure fire, can't miss prospect at Guard. But when their respective careers are finished, I think it safe to say that Chance will have started more games, and been more effective at his role than Geno (cough cough) Smith.

Once again, the most irrelevant comparison possible. Womack could go to 10 pro bowls and he'll still have a lesser impact than Geno having a perfect passer rating in victory the last game of last season.

I pointed to his inability to read a defense. I recall 70% of his passes were thrown to targets either behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it.

That's basically every college offense. For someone so wet for Mariota, it's a strange thing to harp on.

The actual number is 70% of throws were within 10 yards of LOS. In that same graphic, Mariota was at ~65%.

Trying to translate a guy's game to the NFL based on their college offense is at an all-time difficult level.

I recall pointing to the mountain of evidence that suggested he was a head case.

There was one, albeit not respected, "draft guru" Nolan Nawrocki, who provided your mountain of evidence. It was contradicted by most everyone who played with and/or coached him.

Take him at #4 or take him in round 4, it's a wasted pick.

Just like taking a road-grading guard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.