Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maxwell and Eagle!! Per 24/7
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/03/...s/#more-2922046

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

PS. Apologize for the typo in the post title. A little excited.
HOUSEoPAIN
Yup, wikipedia's "Legion of Boom" entry no longer includes him! tongue.gif

Zero
I asked this before ... I thought teams couldn't sign players until Tuesday. Is this an agreement to sign an agreement? Can't things change before Tuesday?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 8 2015, 04:02 PM) *
I asked this before ... I thought teams couldn't sign players until Tuesday. Is this an agreement to sign an agreement? Can't things change before Tuesday?

When teams and players announce moves it means they came to an agreement, even if it can't be signed until Tuesday. Frank Gore will be an Eagle, and probably Maxwell, is what I'm reading.
Zero
Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Follow
Free-agent RB Frank Gore has told people he will sign this week with the Philadelphia Eagles, league sources told me and @caplannfl.
4:28 PM - 8 Mar 2015
koolaidluke
What about McCourty? I want the Eagles to get McCourty, Gore and Maxwell but am willing to see them let Maclin walk if he doesn't bring his price down.

It is probably impossible to resign Graham but I don't want the Eagles to touch that bum Worlids.
Dreagon
This is going to be interesting. I'm curious to see how this changes you guy's offense, since Shady was more of an East/West runner while Gore is firmly North/South.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 8 2015, 05:14 PM) *
This is going to be interesting. I'm curious to see how this changes you guy's offense, since Shady was more of an East/West runner while Gore is firmly North/South.

I think the E/W aspect of Shady's game was Chip's issue, and he wanted a more N/S runner like Gore. Looks like he will cost half of Shady so that leaves $$$ for more help.
koolaidluke
What about McCourty? I want the Eagles to get McCourty, Gore and Maxwell but am willing to see them let Maclin walk if he doesn't bring his price down.

It is probably impossible to resign Graham but I don't want the Eagles to touch that bum Worlids.
koolaidluke
By the end of the season most of McCoy's runs were outside zones, and he did a good job at that. I do think that Chip wants to focus on the inside zone though which McCoy was horrendous at.

I'm not sure the Eagles really have the Oline though to block the inside zone without being able to option a defender.
rumply
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 8 2015, 04:45 PM) *

Talk now about CB Tramon Williams

Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks 25m25 minutes ago
Who do #Eagles have an interest in pairing with Byron Maxwell? Green Bay #Packers Tramon Williams, per source.
Pbfan
10m a year?! We severely overpaid. I don't know who you guys think we got here, but he's no Derelle revis. He is a good corner, but not pro bowl caliber.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 8 2015, 06:49 PM) *
Yup, wikipedia's "Legion of Boom" entry no longer includes him! tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Well Played...
D Rock
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 8 2015, 10:16 PM) *
10m a year?! We severely overpaid. I don't know who you guys think we got here, but he's no Derelle revis. He is a good corner, but not pro bowl caliber.

And Shady's good value at 12 mil?

Thank heavens you're not working for our birds.
Pbfan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Mar 8 2015, 07:21 PM) *
And Shady's good value at 12 mil?

Thank heavens you're not working for our birds.

What are you talking about? Im talking about Maxwell here.. Good god can you please make sense once in your life... My head hurts from reading your comments drock. Literally none of them are any good.
Zero
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Mar 8 2015, 06:34 PM) *
What are you talking about? Im talking about Maxwell here.. Good god can you please make sense once in your life... My head hurts from reading your comments drock. Literally none of them are any good.

I think this is what he's saying:
Sure McCoy is the better back. It's not even up for debate.

But the money the Eagles saved on McCoy Gore, Darren Sproles, Chris Polk and a rookie won't make as much combined as McCoy will in 2015 is why the Eagles were able to overspend for cornerback Byron Maxwell; why they can stay in the mix for safety Devin McCourty; and go after cornerback Tramon Williams.

Gore is coming to the Eagles to be their featured back, but don't expect much more than 200 total carries for the season. Sproles is going to get his, as a perfect change of pace back; and whether it's Polk or one of the prized rookies in the draft, he's going to get his as well.
Which brings up another question I've had since we signed Sproles. I seem to remember people saying he would be a change of pace to McCoy. I didn't think so, in fact I thought they had some of the same characteristics. Now Gore running will definitely make Sproles a change of pace.

Also, notice how the Eagles don't seem to be afraid of age any more. Sproles, Gore and rumors of Williams. All over 30.
JeeQ
So far Maxwell & Gore... we better damn well get Mariota otherwise who gives a fuck

If Foles is our QB in 2015 then getting rid of a Pro-Bowl WR & RB in their prime makes Chip a bafoon

I know some people are going to consider Gore an upgrade over McCoy since RBs are a dime a dozen but you're assclowns
Pbfan
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 8 2015, 08:02 PM) *
I think this is what he's saying:
Which brings up another question I've had since we signed Sproles. I seem to remember people saying he would be a change of pace to McCoy. I didn't think so, in fact I thought they had some of the same characteristics. Now Gore running will definitely make Sproles a change of pace.

Also, notice how the Eagles don't seem to be afraid of age any more. Sproles, Gore and rumors of Williams. All over 30.

Oh yeah but you guys are getting confused. I didnt write that. What I am saying is that the $$ value of is talent < $$ value of contract.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.